Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I agree with this part, my only question was who is a minor leaguer, someone like Jesus Montero still has ROTY eligibility I think, but he is almost I would think a 100% lock to be on the big league roster in Seattle.
If they are on the BAA top 100, then they should count towards the minor leaguers. It just has to be that way. Prospects are still prospects until they aren't anymore. If we do anything it will just muddy stuff up more.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #202 (permalink)

This is what I pulled off of another site that includes MiLB players in the draft.

MINOR LEAGUES

Only players who qualify as a rookie in the major leagues are eligible for the minor league draft.

When a player is drafted in the minor league draft, he is placed on the team's minor league roster. This protects a team's rights to that player.

If a player drafted in the minor league draft is activated by his major league team prior to September 1, the team has 7 days to activate that player. If the player is not activated within this time period, he will be automatically placed on waivers.

Once a player is activated by their team, that player loses his minor league status.

Each team has a maximum of four minor league players he may retain from one season to the next. In the minor league draft, a team may only draft enough players to reach the four-man minor league roster limit.

Once a player is activated, waived or reserved from the minor league roster, he cannot be put back on the minor league roster. The only way a player can return to a minor league roster is if he is drafted in a subsequent season's minor league draft.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #203 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

So of the guys drafted so far, can we say Matt Moore is not considered a minor league slot?
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I agree with this part, my only question was who is a minor leaguer, someone like Jesus Montero still has ROTY eligibility I think, but he is almost I would think a 100% lock to be on the big league roster in Seattle.
Technically you aren't really going to know until rosters are announced or cuts are made during ST. A guy like montero, you are drafting him knowing(planning) that he will be part of your team and not in a ML slot. The only way to really know, is to take somebody that is 2 years away and is guaranteed to be in AA.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #205 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

I get what you are saying, draft Montero as if he is going to be on the Major League roster, and draft a Manny Machado for the minors

so yeah, Bryce Harper and Matt Moore (3 big league appearances last season) are both Minor Leaguers right?

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #206 (permalink)

the way i look at it...take whoever you want, but when opening day starts you have to cut or add whoever to get to 4 minor league players....

so if you draft 6 people who may or may not be in the minors, but on opening day, 5 did not make the opening day team....you have to drop 1 to get to the limit and a dd a major leaguer

by the same token, if you draft 6 people who may or may not be in the minors, but they all have awesome spring trainings and all 6 make the major league roster, you will need to drop 4 players and add 4 minor league guys

so in essence, you can draft anybody, but you may end up dropping them when the season starts
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
the way i look at it...take whoever you want, but when opening day starts you have to cut or add whoever to get to 4 minor league players....

so if you draft 6 people who may or may not be in the minors, but on opening day, 5 did not make the opening day team....you have to drop 1 to get to the limit and a dd a major leaguer

by the same token, if you draft 6 people who may or may not be in the minors, but they all have awesome spring trainings and all 6 make the major league roster, you will need to drop 4 players and add 4 minor league guys

so in essence, you can draft anybody, but you may end up dropping them when the season starts
You have a copy of that in English?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #208 (permalink)

I think we should be going by rookie eligibility for minors. If you have the 150 PA or 50 IP (i think is what they are) then they are considered no longer minors.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittychitty844 View Post
You have a copy of that in English?
hey, i graduated 31st in my ESL class

by the way, mike posted his benchwarmer break , didn't post his golf yet though...

wheres the next pick??????
Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
I think we should be going by rookie eligibility for minors. If you have the 150 PA or 50 IP (i think is what they are) then they are considered no longer minors.
the only problem with this is...say i draft tyler colvin (why I don't know)...he starts off in the majors, then gets sent down to minors after a month...he is not rookie eligible, but is now in the minors...what do you classify him as?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
the only problem with this is...say i draft tyler colvin (why I don't know)...he starts off in the majors, then gets sent down to minors after a month...he is not rookie eligible, but is now in the minors...what do you classify him as?
Major leaguer and stash him on your bench. That's what we do in the other dynasty league that I am in.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
Major leaguer and stash him on your bench. That's what we do in the other dynasty league that I am in.
how do they designate minor leaguer and how is it enforced
Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #213 (permalink)

Man I thought all these posts were going to be picks in the draft..... you're all a bunch of teases!!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #214 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

the 4 Minor League slots are for guys like Manny Machado, Jameson Taillon, Gerrit Cole and so on, guys who have never played in the big leagues or haven't accrued the amount of ABs or IPs to lose their rookie eligibility

it's not like a big league roster and when Robinson Cano goes to AA Trenton on rehab you can just move him to your minor league slots

you have the minors to build your roster for the future seasons

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #215 (permalink)

Nelson Cruz!
The A's are a bunch of scrubs, but the best ones you have ever seen.
Lbsbigbro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #216 (permalink)

Hmmmmm not sure who I want now
Old 02-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #217 (permalink)

Well my Daughter and GM has told me to pick Ichiro...
Bet ya didn't see that coming...
Old 02-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
I actually had an inkling when you said your daughter wanted you to pick someone, and knowing she liked seattle...i thought there was a chance...
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksBillsFan View Post
This is what I pulled off of another site that includes MiLB players in the draft.

MINOR LEAGUES

Only players who qualify as a rookie in the major leagues are eligible for the minor league draft.

When a player is drafted in the minor league draft, he is placed on the team's minor league roster. This protects a team's rights to that player.

If a player drafted in the minor league draft is activated by his major league team prior to September 1, the team has 7 days to activate that player. If the player is not activated within this time period, he will be automatically placed on waivers.

Once a player is activated by their team, that player loses his minor league status.

Each team has a maximum of four minor league players he may retain from one season to the next. In the minor league draft, a team may only draft enough players to reach the four-man minor league roster limit.

Once a player is activated, waived or reserved from the minor league roster, he cannot be put back on the minor league roster. The only way a player can return to a minor league roster is if he is drafted in a subsequent season's minor league draft.

This post should end the discussion. It is great and it makes everything work.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
did ya pm next??
Old 02-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
did ya pm next??
Come on man...you know I am taking care of you guys
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Come on man...you know I am taking care of you guys
i don't know...mighty cold up there in alaska...
Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #223 (permalink)

I need a vacation to someplace warm and sunny...this cold stuff is getting real old, real fast
Old 02-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #224 (permalink)

what are the chances we get 3 picks in in the next 20 min....otherwise, y'all gonna be waiting on me til 9pm cst
Old 02-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #225 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Pm me your list
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote