Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball
Default Am I being unfair? Dynasty Football

I have 2 draft picks in the first round for the rookie draft this year. I have the 2nd overall and 12th overall picks. A guy that just took over a team in the league and has no DP till the 3rd round but has a good team anyway offered me Maclin for my 1st pick. I told him no not for Maclin he said look at my roster and LMK if we can work something out. I need a lot of help WR/RB/QB and he has Foster and McCoy so I asked for 1 of them and a low level WR. He's not giving up either of them and came back with D.Thomas RB MIA and a mid level WR I turned him down again and said I'm going to stay put for now. Am I being unfair in wanting a kings ransom for the 2nd overall pick? I'm treating it like a NFL owner would. Looking for opinions.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

so 2nd overall pick in a dynasty league for a rookie draft, so you are looking at Luck/RG3/Richardson/Blackmon/Floyd all being there...... ummm you should get the deal the Rams got, you should get an immediate impact player, plus a midlevel and possibly another pick

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you cold get Shady for the second pick I would take it for sure. If you can't talk some sense into him, (which I really do think you are not being stingy-2nd overall is the real deal) keep the pick, you will probably get something special out of it

Collecting: Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery, and Brandon Marshall
rayray27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yep a lot of upside with that pick (Rich will get a lot of carries, RG3 and Luck are starters so could rack up a lot of points too)

Yes you should get what you want since its your pick that your giving up...McCoy and a decent WR should be fine....If you need help at QB it might be the best bet to stay where your at...whats your team look like? and whats his team look like?
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

You can ask whatever you want, but why would anyone give up a sure thing in McCoy or Foster for a guy who has never played a down? Without some more details on the league setup and how the keepers for rookies/veterans work, I would instadecline any offer like that if I had Foster or McCoy.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote