Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #726 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
No if you traded for them you keep them minus a round they were drafted in.

I'm trying to figure out the reason I'm out of the playoffs this year. Seems 8 teams made it and I'm the 8th ranked team overall and 2nd in my division. In the playoffs is the 9th and 10th ranked teams. The 9th ranked team I scored more points then and 3rd in my division. The 10th ranked team scored more then I did on the season but ranked second in his division. How did I miss the playoffs? Upon closer inspection the 4 worst teams made it. I'm confused
They have more points then you.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #727 (permalink)

Quote:
No if you traded for them you keep them minus a round they were drafted in.

I'm trying to figure out the reason I'm out of the playoffs this year. Seems 8 teams made it and I'm the 8th ranked team overall and 2nd in my division. In the playoffs is the 9th and 10th ranked teams. The 9th ranked team I scored more points then and 3rd in my division. The 10th ranked team scored more then I did on the season but ranked second in his division. How did I miss the playoffs? Upon closer inspection the 4 worst teams made it. I'm confused
I pm'd the answer to you, but for anyone else confused, only the top 6 teams made the playoffs. The other teams are in a separate consilation bracket. Top 2 teams in each bracket get a bye, which is why you have no opponent this week. You will play the winner of one of those games next week.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #728 (permalink)

Ok cool thanks all my yahoo said was I didn't make the playoffs and was like why did everyone else make it but me makes sense now. In three teams this year I'm in first in two of them right now and not in this one. How sad for me...and motivating! I am out for some blood next year!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #729 (permalink)

I can't believe I am in 6th place, but it makes me happy to still have a shot!

I am in for next year as well, I am not a fan of keeper league, but I will defer to the majority.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #730 (permalink)

I actually gave it some thought, and I guess having a keeper would be fine. Kind of gives the losers this year something to look forward to next year
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #731 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
I actually gave it some thought, and I guess having a keeper would be fine. Kind of gives the losers this year something to look forward to next year
Really? I would think the "losers" this year would rather not have a keeper so their high draft pick next year would include the entire league instead of 12 guys being off limits.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #732 (permalink)

wait, so if i want to keep percy harvin, i have to keep him on my roster even though he's on IR? :/
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #733 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
Really? I would think the "losers" this year would rather not have a keeper so their high draft pick next year would include the entire league instead of 12 guys being off limits.
Oh, I was unaware that we are setting the draft order for next year as well?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #734 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh, I was unaware that we are setting the draft order for next year as well?
I was under the impression we were going to go with opposite of this year's final standings like the real NFL. not set in stone of course.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #735 (permalink)

Im down for a Keeper league (Already know who I would keep)

7th overall pick kinda sucks but its all good

People need to understand with Keepers is that unless you really want to use your 1st round pick you made this year most people keep players after round 8

Great season guys I had my highs and lows and thanks to 2 close losses I got bumped from the playoffs...Lucky me Im in 5 other leagues and still alive lol
Old 12-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #736 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
I can't believe I am in 6th place, but it makes me happy to still have a shot!

I am in for next year as well, I am not a fan of keeper league, but I will defer to the majority.
Like the sound of that congrats and good luck!

Quote:
why would this affect only the losers like us Say this year this guy wins...

Quote:
And with his first round pick in the 12th draft position he wants to keep his first overall selection - Aaron Rodgers? Well he can. This benefits the winners and the losers if we went with it

Quote:
wait, so if i want to keep percy harvin, i have to keep him on my roster even though he's on IR? :/
Absolutely. Otherwise you could say "I drafted so and so and traded him to someone else" and I want to keep him and what if the other guy wants to keep him as well? Well if we let that go then whom ever drafted someone has rights to him which I don't thinks fair. I think if you trade someone or drop someone you lose your rights to keep that player. And if you want to keep someone you traded for you get to keep him at the position he was drafted at, minus one round.

Anyway so if you dropped Harvin and we know you drafted him in the 4th round and I wanted to keep him for myself I could pick him up and use my 3rd round pick on keeping him I could. Once you drop or trade a player you no longer have any rights to that player. What ever your final roster is at the end of the year are the players you are eligible to keep. If they aren't on your roster you can't keep them but in your case if we go with a worst to first serpentine draft order even if you end up losing in the first round I think you'd be crazy not to keep Rodgers next year baring some freak injury anyway and Harvin in the 3rd round next year doesn't seem like as good of a deal to you as Rodgers in the 12th hole anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Im down for a Keeper league (Already know who I would keep)

7th overall pick kinda sucks but its all good

People need to understand with Keepers is that unless you really want to use your 1st round pick you made this year most people keep players after round 8

Great season guys I had my highs and lows and thanks to 2 close losses I got bumped from the playoffs...Lucky me Im in 5 other leagues and still alive lol
Exactly. People are going to keep players drafted in the later rounds over top overall picks for the most part with some exceptions but that's the general rule with one keeper like I'm suggesting.

Some excellent keepers next year would be these guys who were drafted in last years draft. To be clear any players who weren't drafted would cost you a 7th round pick to keep (Like Cecil Shorts) and anyone picked up off the waivers like Harvin who was drafted would be kept in the draft position they were drafted in. Some of the best drafted studs from our last draft taken after the 7th round in my opinion were:

Round 07 - Pierre Garcon (Was - WR) LikeSomeRice
Round 07 - Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR) 1st and Goal
Round 07 - Stevan Ridley (NE - RB) Bx3
Round 08 - C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB) JackGWinsAgain
Round 09 - San Francisco (SF - DEF) mmkyszka
Round 10 - Andrew Luck (Ind - QB) Team Awesome
Round 10 - Mikel Leshoure (Det - RB) Go_Wiz
Round 11 - Malcom Floyd (SD - WR) Long Bomb
Round 13 - Alfred Morris (Was - RB) Addicted
Round 13 - Houston (Hou - DEF) Tolrobb
Round 14 - Randall Cobb (GB - WR) JackGWinsAgain

I believe all of those guys would be drafted higher then those rounds next year. And that's 10 of the 12 teams represented in a short list which benefits everyone, the winners and losers from my eyes.

The only problem with this format and this goes with Robbs worst drafts first serpentine draft next year would be this....if we lose players next year. If we did this it will be a lot for a newbie to digest. If we all come back and play next year this won't be a problem. If we have turnover then we need to reconsider starting fresh with the drafting order and can completely the keeper idea. Also I'm not sure we need to make a decision about the worst to first drafting order just yet. I'm not saying that this will happen but guys like me who are already out of the playoffs might tank to get a higher draft position next season. So lets hold off on making a decision about that one just yet.

I think we need a show of hands for those thinking about playing again next season first. So if your in for next year please post your in, if you know your out then post your out. If I don't see you post within a weeks time I will pm you. I know I am definitely in next year. Thanks

Last edited by addicted36; 12-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #737 (permalink)

Quote:

And with his first round pick in the 12th draft position he wants to keep his first overall selection - Aaron Rodgers? Well he can. This benefits the winners and the losers if we went with it

Absolutely. Otherwise you could say "I drafted so and so and traded him to someone else" and I want to keep him and what if the other guy wants to keep him as well? Well if we let that go then whom ever drafted someone has rights to him which I don't thinks fair. I think if you trade someone or drop someone you lose your rights to keep that player. And if you want to keep someone you traded for you get to keep him at the position he was drafted at, minus one round.

Anyway so if you dropped Harvin and we know you drafted him in the 4th round and I wanted to keep him for myself I could pick him up and use my 3rd round pick on keeping him I could. Once you drop or trade a player you no longer have any rights to that player. What ever your final roster is at the end of the year are the players you are eligible to keep. If they aren't on your roster you can't keep them but in your case if we go with a worst to first serpentine draft order even if you end up losing in the first round I think you'd be crazy not to keep Rodgers next year baring some freak injury anyway and Harvin in the 3rd round next year doesn't seem like as good of a deal to you as Rodgers in the 12th hole anyway

Exactly. People are going to keep players drafted in the latest rounds over top overall picks for the most part.

Some excellent keepers next year would be these guys this year from last years draft (Any Free Agents who weren't drafted would be 7th round keepers, anyone picked up like Harvin would be kept in the draft position they were drafted in) who I scanned that were taken after the 7th round:

All of those guys I would bet will be drafted higher then those rounds next year. And that's 10 of the 12 teams represented in a short list which benefits everyone, the winners and losers.
If we do this, I am torn between Garcon (now on my team) and Trent Richardson (should be a top 6 pick next year, I got him in the 3rd this year)
Old 12-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #738 (permalink)

Quote:

[/B]
Well, I must be crazy because I value Harvin about as much as I value Rodgers given this is a PPR league, especially when it's the difference between losing my first round pick or third round pick. I hope you're right and I'm picking 12th, lol, but picking in the 12 hole isn't as bad as it seems since I'm betting at least a few folks are going to keep their first/second round pick making that 12 hole pick probably in the top 5-7.

Given the timing, I move that whoever was on your roster at the end of the REGULAR season should be fair game to keep, at least for this season. I'd at least like the option to keep Percy even if I go with Rodgers.

This is all assuming we make this a keeper league, we should put that to official vote. If we do it, I want to call the regular season roster rule the "Percy clause".

Anyways, I vote no on the keeper idea. It's a weak no though, I won't be too upset if it goes the other way.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #739 (permalink)

Quote:

Exactly. People are going to keep players drafted in the later rounds over top overall picks for the most part with some exceptions but that's the general rule with one keeper like I'm suggesting.

Some excellent keepers next year would be these guys who were drafted in last years draft. To be clear any players who weren't drafted would cost you a 7th round pick to keep (Like Cecil Shorts) and anyone picked up off the waivers like Harvin who was drafted would be kept in the draft position they were drafted in. Some of the best drafted studs from our last draft taken after the 7th round in my opinion were:

I believe all of those guys would be drafted higher then those rounds next year. And that's 10 of the 12 teams represented in a short list which benefits everyone, the winners and losers from my eyes.

The only problem with this format and this goes with Robbs worst drafts first serpentine draft next year would be this....if we lose players next year. If we did this it will be a lot for a newbie to digest. If we all come back and play next year this won't be a problem. If we have turnover then we need to reconsider starting fresh with the drafting order and can completely the keeper idea. Also I'm not sure we need to make a decision about the worst to first drafting order just yet. I'm not saying that this will happen but guys like me who are already out of the playoffs might tank to get a higher draft position next season. So lets hold off on making a decision about that one just yet.

I think we need a show of hands for those thinking about playing again next season first. So if your in for next year please post your in, if you know your out then post your out. If I don't see you post within a weeks time I will pm you. I know I am definitely in next year. Thanks
oh so Alex got Alfred Morris in the 12th round. No wonder he wants to make this a keeper league.

I agree with Keygang 100%, if ANYONE drops out, we should postpone the keeper league idea until next season.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #740 (permalink)

In...........
Old 12-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #741 (permalink)

I am in....
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #742 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I must be crazy because I value Harvin about as much as I value Rodgers given this is a PPR league, especially when it's the difference between losing my first round pick or third round pick. I hope you're right and I'm picking 12th, lol, but picking in the 12 hole isn't as bad as it seems since I'm betting at least a few folks are going to keep their first/second round pick making that 12 hole pick probably in the top 5-7.
Have to disagree about as strongly as possible. Rodgers is solid, Percy is oft injured and in his 4 year career has only finished one season playing all 16 games. If I had the choice of Aaron Rodgers for the last pick of the first round and Percy Harvin in the 3rd round there is no choice to me. But that's just me lol

Quote:
Given the timing, I move that whoever was on your roster at the end of the REGULAR season should be fair game to keep, at least for this season. I'd at least like the option to keep Percy even if I go with Rodgers.

This is all assuming we make this a keeper league, we should put that to official vote. If we do it, I want to call the regular season roster rule the "Percy clause".

Anyways, I vote no on the keeper idea. It's a weak no though, I won't be too upset if it goes the other way.
I'm ok with the Percy clause and any other clauses we need to come up with. Your right this was bad timing to talk about this idea but like your weak "No" I'm cool either way we do it. And I take it that your in next year with your reply

Keegan, you know you have to keep Trent Richardson my friend, that's sick value
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #743 (permalink)

Quote:
oh so Alex got Alfred Morris in the 12th round. No wonder he wants to make this a keeper league.
Never trust Shanahan man you know this. Just fyi I wouldn't be keeping Morris for that very reason lol. I like the 27 year old Bradshaw as a 3rd, Stevie Johnson as a 4th, Torrey Smith as a 5th, and maybe even Witten as a 6th, Kenny Britt as a 7th, and Gonzalez (if he returns) as an 8th more then Morris. I like Morris, but don't think he would be kept by me because of the Shenagans that always plays with Mike S.

Quote:
I agree with Keygang 100%, if ANYONE drops out, we should postpone the keeper league idea until next season.
I agree with this as well. If we all return then we do it. If one can't we start it in 2014
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #744 (permalink)

Quote:
Have to disagree about as strongly as possible. Rodgers is solid, Percy is oft injured and in his 4 year career has only finished one season playing all 16 games. If I had the choice of Aaron Rodgers for the last pick of the first round and Percy Harvin in the 3rd round there is no choice to me. But that's just me lol

I'm ok with the Percy clause and any other clauses we need to come up with. Your right this was bad timing to talk about this idea but like your weak "No" I'm cool either way we do it. And I take it that your in next year with your reply

Keegan, you know you have to keep Trent Richardson my friend, that's sick value
Rodgers is solid, but so are 5 to 7 other quarterbacks. Percy being "oft injured" is a bit of a misconception. He's only missed 3 games in his career prior to this ankle injury. I'm leaning towards Percy honestly.

I am for sure in for next year. I did my best, however if you guys think someone else should be commissioner next year, I'm okay with it.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #745 (permalink)

Quote:
Never trust Shanahan man you know this. Just fyi I wouldn't be keeping Morris for that very reason lol. I like the 27 year old Bradshaw as a 3rd, Stevie Johnson as a 4th, Torrey Smith as a 5th, and maybe even Witten as a 6th, Kenny Britt as a 7th, and Gonzalez (if he returns) as an 8th more then Morris. I like Morris, but don't think he would be kept by me because of the Shenagans that always plays with Mike S.

I agree with this as well. If we all return then we do it. If one can't we start it in 2014
I'd probably take my chances and keep Alfred if I were in your shoes. You have a difficult decision ahead of you my friend.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #746 (permalink)

Quote:
Rodgers is solid, but so are 5 to 7 other quarterbacks. Percy being "oft injured" is a bit of a misconception. He's only missed 3 games in his career prior to this ankle injury. I'm leaning towards Percy honestly.

I am for sure in for next year. I did my best, however if you guys think someone else should be commissioner next year, I'm okay with it.
No way you did a great job with no drama I would keep you there if your up for it
Old 12-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #747 (permalink)

Sorry for the late response, but count me in for next year as well.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #748 (permalink)

Quote:

You sucked but I would be worse

Serious business I wouldn't have it with another OP, and I am IN for next year. the right amount of authoritarian, and democratic was proper for this group of A personalities.

Great job everyone, lost a close one last week in the first round, but next year will be a different story........
Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #749 (permalink)

now Ryan Mathews is out for the year. The injury bug sure has fun boning my team over and over again. :/
Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #750 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_Fan View Post
Sorry for the late response, but count me in for next year as well.
same here, never done a keeper before but willing to try it

and good luck to Falcons_Fan in the championship, its been a great season really lucked out with getting Ap in the second round