Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #1176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
The rule about cost of Waiver Wire additions can work in your favor with some guys you pick up like Julio Jones but it also can hurt you like Percy Harvin who was drafted in the 13th round and dropped to the Waivers by BK and picked up by Jermizzle.

The way you understand this rule is that Jermizzle gets to keep Harvin for his 12th round draft pick next year and it will not cost him his 7th round pick. If I had thought that was the case I would have done something to add Harvin to my team via trade already. That is not as the rule is intended or ever written so I never went after him. Harvin as a 12th round pick next year is too good not to go after imo. The true is only if Jermizzle were to trade Harvin back to BK would Harvin cost to keep next seasons 12th round pick. Everyone else Percy Harvin costs you a 7th round pick to keep. That is why I didn't go after him already as Harvin as a 7th is not as good as Harvin as a 12th.

I'm a little confused about the keeper rules. I really only picked up Harvin for WR depth this year...But I've always thought that draft status of a player sticks with them no matter what. So if Harvin was drafted in the 13th round and then dropped to waivers, is he considered a waiver wire FA (7th round keeper) or does his 13th round draft status stick with him?
Jermizzle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #1177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermizzle5 View Post
I'm a little confused about the keeper rules. I really only picked up Harvin for WR depth this year...But I've always thought that draft status of a player sticks with them no matter what. So if Harvin was drafted in the 13th round and then dropped to waivers, is he considered a waiver wire FA (7th round keeper) or does his 13th round draft status stick with him?
His draft status was only for the person who drafted him or traded for him. Once he hit the Waiver Wire that no longer mattered. He is considered a Waiver Wire addition for you or anyone else that would have gotten him off the Waiver Wire. To keep him he costs a 7th round pick. You would have been better off trading for him if you wanted to keep him

Curious to see what the owner of Randall Cobb does now with him. All of this confusion about Julio Jones and the news out today is that Cobb is going to miss the next 8 weeks. He won't return until Week 14, could be helpful in the playoffs but unlikely. If the owner here needs the roster space I think he gets dropped just like Julio. This is what I meant by these things happen all the time in every season and helps everyone. Cobb for a 7th would be a nice addition as well.

The idea of an IR spot on the rosters is a good one. Rob can we implement that next year? IR Spots would work like this

NFL players who can not play due to injury may be placed in an Injured Reserve spot. Every team would have one designated spot for Injured Reserve. Only one player may be on a teams IR at any time. A player may come off the IR once they qualify for IR and be added to the active roster at anytime whether they are healthy or not. Team size limits are still in effect. The IR person may be dropped to the Waivers at anytime as well. No player may be take directly from the Waiver Wire to the IR spot and must first be added to the active team roster. No team may at any time have more then 16 players on the roster, 15 active and one person on IR.

In such a case guys like Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Percy Harvin, Rob Gronkowski, Michael Crabtree etc would have made for a perfect IR status. If we had an IR position Keegan would likely not have dropped Julio and Percy Harvin would likely not been dropped as well. I think this would be a very good addition to the rules next year. Guys like those would have been kept on IR the rest of the season so as they were not dropped to the Waiver Wire.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!

Last edited by addicted36; 10-15-2013 at 11:25 AM.
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #1178 (permalink)

Agreed in the IR spot. Julio wouldn't be available if it was there.

I also agree on the waiver status, any player claimed off waivers is equivalent to a 7th pick in a keeper league. I actually picked up Harvin a while back to keep him, ended up releasing him cause I needed the roster slot.

I have no idea how to solve this mess, but going forward there should be an IR and people are now aware that anyone picked up off the waiver wire are equivalent to a 7th rounder

Personally I give Jones back and call it a lesson learned by all
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #1179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
Agreed in the IR spot. Julio wouldn't be available if it was there.

I also agree on the waiver status, any player claimed off waivers is equivalent to a 7th pick in a keeper league. I actually picked up Harvin a while back to keep him, ended up releasing him cause I needed the roster slot.
That was the plan and the rules all along. I didn't know that people were confused about this until I posted I would trade Julio. I am glad you posted you thought that you would have kept Harvin for a 7th round pick as it shows that others thought the rule meant what it said.

If IR was there from the beginning Harvin probably wouldn't have been dropped ever, Julio probably wouldn't have been dropped ever, and for my own team I would have managed my TE situation differently. At one time I had three TE's (Coby Fleener, Rob Gronkowski, and Jason Witten). Had I had the IR spot I would have IR'd Gronk and kept Fleener and Witten on active roster. Instead I had to drop Fleener because I needed the roster spot. Then I needed a QB and traded Gronk. If we had that IR spot I would have held onto Fleener and then dumped him for a QB and still had Gronk and Witten. The IR spot is a good move for a lot of reasons imo

Quote:
I have no idea how to solve this mess, but going forward there should be an IR and people are now aware that anyone picked up off the waiver wire are equivalent to a 7th rounder
Confusion and clarity needed and suggested rule changes are going to come up occasionally and they are always a good thing. This mess actually was good for the league.

Quote:
Personally I give Jones back and call it a lesson learned by all
That is one thought, and I have considered it. The problem here is that for me to do that it says that I skirted the rules, or abused them and I have done nothing of the sort. I have not done anything wrong here. The rules were posted for everyone to see for months before this came up. Everyone had the chance to grab him (well 4 people did because I was 5th in Waiver Priority when I got him) and choose not to. By your own posting some people understood the rule, anyone picked off the waivers cost a 7th round pick to keep so the rule was not completely misunderstood, and clearly some did misunderstand it. No one asked any questions about the rules when they were voted on and passed or suggested something was confusing months ago but here we are today.

So if I dumped Julio back on the WW today then what happens? Who ever has spot one grabs him? What good would that do? If someone else can have him for a 7th round pick then why shouldn't I? If we force Keegan to accept Julio back on his roster today that means he has to drop someone. Why force him to drop someone and what happens if he drops Julio again later? And what about my team? I dropped someone to get Julio. I am out a great keeper and I haven't broken any rules. How fair is that?

The notion of dropping Julio has consequences and it's without loss for someone and could create more confusion. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and accept for the good of all to keep things how they are and sometimes you need to do things for the greater good of the group.

If the group insists that I release Julio because people did not understand the rules I will do that but I have some conditions. I will not release Julio to the wild just to see someone else pick him up as the early bird got the worm here and I didn't do anything wrong.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #1180 (permalink)

I agree with you. I interpreted the rules exactly the same way you did. It's a keeper league, you can't keep people who aren't on you're roster at the end of the year

Anyone else how goes to the WW is fair game as a 7th round pick. Keeper means exactly what it is.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #1181 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with you. I interpreted the rules exactly the same way you did. It's a keeper league, you can't keep people who aren't on you're roster at the end of the year

Anyone else how goes to the WW is fair game as a 7th round pick. Keeper means exactly what it is.
That's not what the argument was about. The argument is that if a player was drafted, they are not a part of the waiver wire 7th rd pick rule and instead are the +1 round rule
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #1182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
That's not what the argument was about. The argument is that if a player was drafted, they are not a part of the waiver wire 7th rd pick rule and instead are the +1 round rule
That was my basic interpretation of things as well that if a player had been drafted and you had him at the end of the season on your bench that you would have to give up your draft pick that is 1 round higher then where that player was picked to keep him for the following season. Then for the people that were not drafted and were just picked up along the way via the Waiver Wire you would have to give up a 7th round pick for that player.

I can honestly say that I never really read the keeper roles that were laid out word for word when they were posted and after reading them now my interpretation was obviously wrong and that is my fault for not reading the rules that closely when they were written.

As for Percy Harvin, I drafted him thinking he would be a good keeper for next year if I could keep him the entire season, but that obviously didn't happen. I needed the roster spot and thought I could pick him up later, but from the sounds of it, even if I had picked him up later he would have then been a 7th round pick instead of a 12th round pick and that is where the rules get confusing for me. Also, now if I were to make a trade for Percy to get him back on my team would he then be a 12th round pick next year or would he still be a 7th?

I like the idea of the IR slot and I think that will definitely help out next year as long as it isn't abused and based on the rules you laid out (I read them more closely this time) it shouldn't be. If we had that this year then Percy Harvin may not have even been around in the 13th round as he would have been a good person to stash, but that brings up a point of clarification. If you draft a person on IR can you automatically move them to IR after the draft and pick up another person? Just want to clear that up since that would be similar to picking someone off of waivers and putting them right into the IR slot, which if I read it right isn't allowed. Sorry for the long winded response, but I don't get on here to often so I wanted to get my monies worth.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #1183 (permalink)

I thought ww pickup was a 12?
Jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #1184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_Fan View Post
That was my basic interpretation of things as well that if a player had been drafted and you had him at the end of the season on your bench that you would have to give up your draft pick that is 1 round higher then where that player was picked to keep him for the following season. Then for the people that were not drafted and were just picked up along the way via the Waiver Wire you would have to give up a 7th round pick for that player.

I can honestly say that I never really read the keeper roles that were laid out word for word when they were posted and after reading them now my interpretation was obviously wrong and that is my fault for not reading the rules that closely when they were written.
Thank you for the post. When I came up with the rules I knew what was in my head and put down on paper, I should have been more clear. Things like clarity in any given situation are required from time to time and specific examples are needed. This conversation believe it or not has great things in store for all of us, it helps us to all understand better.

I am not opposed to releasing Julio Jones if that is what the league wants. I have a few conditions to do that to keep the fairness of the league in tact. Julio Jones is definitely not worth hurting the league to me. My conditions are

We have a vote for the topic of cost and come to an agreement. Some of us want to keep things the way I imagined them all along, any one taken off the Waiver Wire that is not drafted by the person picking them off the Waiver Wire has a keeper cost of a 7th round. Some people want the draft position to carry with the player no matter if they are added via the Waiver Wire. We vote on this make a decision as a group. If the decision is that a player is married to his draft position no matter if he hits the Waivers or not then I will release Julio Jones on the condition that

1. Julio after release is ineligible for anyone to keep by anyone next year.

2. I can replace Julio on my roster with someone

If the vote is anyone added via the Waiver Wire costs a 7th round pick then I will not release Julio Jones. We can call this the "Julio Jones" rule.

I think that is fair for everyone. As it is right now with no vote on this the rules we agreed to stand. Anyone that you have not drafted and grab off the Waiver Wire carries a keeper cost of a 7th round regardless of where they were drafted. I personally with full disclosure do not want to change that rule as I think it benefits everyone the most, nor do I want to release Julio Jones but I will. If the league wants me to I have no problem with that. I do apologize for not clarifying this but still feel that the rules I wrote all along were clear enough to understand this and confusion ie loop holes were never the intent. The spirit of the rules were clear, my wording needed some work.

Quote:
As for Percy Harvin, I drafted him thinking he would be a good keeper for next year if I could keep him the entire season, but that obviously didn't happen. I needed the roster spot and thought I could pick him up later, but from the sounds of it, even if I had picked him up later he would have then been a 7th round pick instead of a 12th round pick and that is where the rules get confusing for me. Also, now if I were to make a trade for Percy to get him back on my team would he then be a 12th round pick next year or would he still be a 7th?
Since you drafted him even if you picked him up off the Waivers he would carry an 11th round draft pick. There is a reward in play for drafting the guy that only you have. I didn't draft him so he would be a 7th round pick for me. Anyone you draft is +1, anyone you didn't draft and got off the waivers would be a flat 7th round pick. If the current owner were to move him via trade to anyone in the league today that person receiving him would get the option of keeping him at a 7th round cost unless he was moved to you and then he keeps his draft position cost.

That is change of ownership. If you dump him you give up owning him, if I picked him up I am the new owner. If you picked him back up you still own him.

Quote:
I like the idea of the IR slot and I think that will definitely help out next year as long as it isn't abused and based on the rules you laid out (I read them more closely this time) it shouldn't be. If we had that this year then Percy Harvin may not have even been around in the 13th round as he would have been a good person to stash, but that brings up a point of clarification. If you draft a person on IR can you automatically move them to IR after the draft and pick up another person? Just want to clear that up since that would be similar to picking someone off of waivers and putting them right into the IR slot, which if I read it right isn't allowed. Sorry for the long winded response, but I don't get on here to often so I wanted to get my monies worth.
Yes you could draft someone on IR in our draft, because the draft would still be 15 rounds, then move him from your active roster where he would land first, then move him to your IR spot and pick someone else up. The idea of not allowing someone to go straight from Waivers to IR is so that no one abuses the roster size limits.

Our rosters are 15 people. Everybody is allowed up to 15 players but not 16. If you wanted to add someone to your IR position they must go from your active roster to your IR position. You can not have 15 people on your active roster and pick someone up +1 and move them straight to IR without them being on your active roster first as at one time your roster would have been 16 players and that is not allowed.

The transactions would be

1. You move the person to your 15 man roster keeping your roster at 15 people
2. You move that person to your IR spot which would make your roster 14 people
3. You add someone from the WW making your roster 15 people

You can not add someone directly to your IR position unless you never go over the roster limit ie had 14 people there to start with. This is to ensure no one goes over the roster limit at anytime

Old 10-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #1185 (permalink)

lookie all them points on your bench jermizzle!

in my other league, I had Helu and Harry Douglas on my bench.

Those two are within 2 points of my ENTIRE starting lineup in that league.

Cam, Arian, Spiller, Ridley, Blackmon, Garcon, V Davis, and Bengals D. Still have my kicker, but needless to say, I lost.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #1186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post

Cam, Arian, Spiller, Ridley, Blackmon, Garcon, V Davis, and Bengals D. Still have my kicker, but needless to say, I lost.
I feel like you Robb in another league where I had Harry Douglas on my bench. Here are my starters (Foles (Brees on bye), MJD, Martin, Gordon, Blackmon, Tony G., Ravens D and Sturgis). I still have D. Thomas left tonight, but so far behind it won't even come close to helping.

I have high hopes for Wes Welker tonight, so hopefully I can win in our league.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #1187 (permalink)

I'm in a funk, need to get more production....killing me lately
Old 10-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #1188 (permalink)

stop your complaining haha. I had 51 points last week. This week I am at 87 with Kyle Rudolph left, with DeAndre Hopkins AND Zac Stacy on my bench in place of Jason Snelling and his 1 point. I have given up all hope in this league. At least I have Crabtree as a keeper for next year.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #1189 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm in a funk, need to get more production....killing me lately
Try going 4 and 0 against you guys and now sitting at 4 and 3 Now that is a funk! We are highly competitive league, after 7 weeks I think we have six teams at that record

Old 10-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #1190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
stop your complaining haha. I had 51 points last week. This week I am at 87 with Kyle Rudolph left, with DeAndre Hopkins AND Zac Stacy on my bench in place of Jason Snelling and his 1 point. I have given up all hope in this league. At least I have Crabtree as a keeper for next year.
Doug martin out for season. Ur team appears to be snake bitten.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #1191 (permalink)

Quote:

haha yea Foster going down really hurt me. Hope he's ok...Just heard Dougie Martin may be out for the season!
Jermizzle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #1192 (permalink)

Quote:
Doug martin out for season. Ur team appears to be snake bitten.
as if losing Julio wasn't bad enough. At least I dumped Reggie Wayne before he got hurt
Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #1193 (permalink)

Bonehead move of the week goes to this guy! Dropping Marvin Jones this morning to pick up Lance Moore, because I thought he would be a better play this week. I was feeling good about my decision after the early games, but damn was I wrong. Congrats to Foles Era as I don't see there being any way I hold this lead!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #1194 (permalink)

Quote:
Bonehead move of the week goes to this guy! Dropping Marvin Jones this morning to pick up Lance Moore, because I thought he would be a better play this week. I was feeling good about my decision after the early games, but damn was I wrong. Congrats to Foles Era as I don't see there being any way I hold this lead!
haha I appreciate that!

When you finished, I still had 4 players to go too

Aaron Rodgers
Kyle Rudolph
Golden Tate
Seattle
Old 10-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #1195 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

I need a tight end.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #1196 (permalink)

Somebody's on a win streak
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #1197 (permalink)

Sneaked past you Rob Finally broke that stupid losing streak!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #1198 (permalink)

I could use a RB for this week. Check my roster if you wanna make a swap. Doesn't need to be a big name, just someone who is gonna play a decent amount
Old 11-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #1199 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Sneaked past you Rob Finally broke that stupid losing streak!
meh, you lucked out against my B-Team.

That Blackmon suspension is going to sting. I had him in all 3 of the fantasy leagues I'm in.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #1200 (permalink)

Quote:
meh, you lucked out against my B-Team.

That Blackmon suspension is going to sting. I had him in all 3 of the fantasy leagues I'm in.
Hey I will take it

Trade deadline for us is 14 days out. Rob does that affect waiver wire too?