Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #1401 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Did my idea go over like a fart in church? Where is everyone at?
I like the 2 year max keeper. imo just makes the league more competitive that way.

Hopefully we can figure out how many seasons were allowed to keep the same player before we pick our keepers because that will affect who I keep this year.
Jermizzle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #1402 (permalink)

Quote:
Did my idea go over like a fart in church? Where is everyone at?
I am good with the 2 year keeper rule and how you laid things out regarding how the trading would work.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #1403 (permalink)

is there any open spots. i love this idea

If you have under 20 feedback I will ask for you to send first if trading
eskheadfaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #1404 (permalink)

I like the 2 year rule, but you should be allowed to give up your first round pick in the rare case you want to keep them a third year
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #1405 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
I like the 2 year rule, but you should be allowed to give up your first round pick in the rare case you want to keep them a third year
I like that rule for the 3rd year

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #1406 (permalink)

Guys a bit of good news happened two days ago. I got a reply from mmkyszka who I had messaged a while ago about the league. He hadn't been on the forums in a long time and he didn't reply to my pm so we had to move on. The bad news is he is no longer a part of our league but the good news and more importantly he is alive and doing well. Thought I should share this with everyone

Rob got some questions for you bother. I just realized this morning that week one of the preseason is tomorrow, and that leaves the league three weeks till draft day so we need to get hot on these discussions

1. Who's entries have you received? I checked your photobucket and don't see any things scanned now and I sent mine a little while back.

2. Who's entries have you not received yet? Has anyone failed to tell you what hey are sending in and not gotten approval yet? My goal in the other league was to ensure that all entries were received before the draft and I barely got there with a week to spare. I think we should strive for the same here but your the commissioner so your call.

3. Should we put the vote to the league for how long a players keeper length of service is available and the rules of that now?

We could table it and leave it out there until after the draft or we could make a decision now. I think with our deadline being 19 days away for announcing our keepers that we should come to a decision on this before rather then after but your call. The Josh Gordon decision is a good question, leagues most productive receiver in the 9th round? WTF were we all thinking lol. BEST PICK OF ALL LAST YEAR

To me there are two ideas on the table if we make the call now. Either we are keeping a player for life, or we are keeping a player for 3 years max with the understanding that keeping him a third year means that your keeper costs your 1st round pick year 3. We need to vote on this I think, do you agree?

If the league thinks keeping a player for a 3 seasons is the best idea we will also need to decide on the rule that if you trade a player who was kept for two seasons to someone else his value does not go up year three but the number of years a player has been kept for now starts over? That's basically a yes or no to me but if we go with lifetime keeper options this is off the table.

So as an example of this rule would be this year (2014) I decide to keep Leveon Bell and he costs me my 7th round pick. And say I kept him the following year (2015) and he then would cost me my 6th round pick. If I decided to then trade him to yankeesfan24 prior to announcing our keepers the next year (2016) yankeefan24 could then keep Bell for a 5th round pick that year (2016) even though that is Bell's 3rd year being kept. The next year yankeesfan24 could then keep Bell for a 4th round pick (2017) and that would be Bell's second year of being a keeper for him. In 2018 yankeesfan24 would then have the option to keep Bell for his 1st round pick as it's his 3rd year keeping him or trade him to someone else. If say he then traded Bell back to Rob he could then keep him in 2018 and he would have a cost of a 3rd round pick.

Basically the long and short of it is that once a player is kept the number of years he has been kept starts over for the new owner

What do you think? Should we put the keeper length of service to a vote?

Last edited by addicted36; 08-06-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #1407 (permalink)

Quote:
Guys a bit of good news happened two days ago. I got a reply from mmkyszka who I had messaged a while ago about the league. He hadn't been on the forums in a long time and he didn't reply to my pm so we had to move on. The bad news is he is no longer a part of our league but the good news and more importantly he is alive and doing well. Thought I should share this with everyone

Rob got some questions for you bother. I just realized this morning that week one of the preseason is tomorrow, and that leaves the league three weeks till draft day so we need to get hot on these discussions

1. Who's entries have you received? I checked your photobucket and don't see any things scanned now and I sent mine a little while back.

2. Who's entries have you not received yet? Has anyone failed to tell you what hey are sending in and not gotten approval yet? My goal in the other league was to ensure that all entries were received before the draft and I barely got there with a week to spare. I think we should strive for the same here but your the commissioner so your call.

3. Should we put the vote to the league for how long a players keeper length of service is available and the rules of that now?

We could table it and leave it out there until after the draft or we could make a decision now. I think with our deadline being 19 days away for announcing our keepers that we should come to a decision on this before rather then after but your call. The Josh Gordon decision is a good question, leagues most productive receiver in the 9th round? WTF were we all thinking lol. BEST PICK OF ALL LAST YEAR

To me there are two ideas on the table if we make the call now. Either we are keeping a player for life, or we are keeping a player for 3 years max with the understanding that keeping him a third year means that your keeper costs your 1st round pick year 3. We need to vote on this I think, do you agree?

If the league thinks keeping a player for a 3 seasons is the best idea we will also need to decide on the rule that if you trade a player who was kept for two seasons to someone else his value does not go up year three but the number of years a player has been kept for now starts over? That's basically a yes or no to me but if we go with lifetime keeper options this is off the table.

So as an example of this rule would be this year (2014) I decide to keep Leveon Bell and he costs me my 7th round pick. And say I kept him the following year (2015) and he then would cost me my 6th round pick. If I decided to then trade him to yankeesfan24 prior to announcing our keepers the next year (2016) yankeefan24 could then keep Bell for a 5th round pick that year (2016) even though that is Bell's 3rd year being kept. The next year yankeesfan24 could then keep Bell for a 4th round pick (2017) and that would be Bell's second year of being a keeper for him. In 2018 yankeesfan24 would then have the option to keep Bell for his 1st round pick as it's his 3rd year keeping him or trade him to someone else. If say he then traded Bell back to Rob he could then keep him in 2018 and he would have a cost of a 3rd round pick.

Basically the long and short of it is that once a player is kept the number of years he has been kept starts over for the new owner

What do you think? Should we put the keeper length of service to a vote?
good news on mmkyszka, its concerning when someone disappears like that.

1. I was at the National in Cleveland from last Wednesday to Monday, but we have received entries from armyatc22 and yourself. Myself and Jermizzle are going to work on our entries, and I told a couple of the other guys to hold off on sending their entires until I got back in town. I am scanning the received entries as we speak.

2. I have sent my address to carl2001 and yankeesfan24. I'm going to go back through the thread and PM my address to everyone who has an approved entry so far.

3. IMO, I think the keeper rule is getting a bit too convoluted. I prefer the simplified rule of if you want to keep the same player you kept the season before, it will cost you a draft pick that doesn't change. Either that or you can't keep a player beyond 2 seasons.

I do like your keeper status reset rule if a player is traded though. That will lead to some fun trade deadlines.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #1408 (permalink)

received entries scanned, all will be stored here. Alex, please throw this in the OP for reference. thanks

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing
Old 08-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #1409 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
received entries scanned, all will be stored here. Alex, please throw this in the OP for reference. thanks

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing
Added to the main post

So we have three ideas on the table for dealing with keepers lifespan it seems.Way I see it is you are the commissioner for a very good reason. We could vote on the ideas or you can tell us how it will be. Personally think a vote is best but I trust you so whatever you think is best for all as we will all live with what ever is decided is fine with me and has my vote.

I do think that this decision could affect peoples selection for the keepers so knowing the rules now is benifical to everyone.I like majority rules personally, less accountability to me that way and keeps people active and empowers them as they have a voice

Old 08-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #1410 (permalink)

So no David Wilson's this year for entries I guess #toosoon?

Sorry to see a young guy go so early in his career but he made the best choice by listening to the Docs

Surprised we haven't seen more entries by how
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #1411 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post

Surprised we haven't seen more entries by how
I still need to pick something up. I had a couple Topps Chrome redemptions that I got replaced hoping that whatever I got I could use. I got the replacements today and they were a Justin Blackmon Topps Chrome RC Auto /75 and a LeVeon Bell Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto, neither of which hit our $25 mark. I will find something on eBay in the next couple days and get it out to Rob as soon as I can.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #1412 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Can someone pm me the address to send my entry!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #1413 (permalink)

i sent my card last week. did you get it?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #1414 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl2001 View Post
i sent my card last week. did you get it?
Nope, Not yet.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #1415 (permalink)

mailing my entry tomorrow
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #1416 (permalink)

I went back through my cards and found one more that may work. If not then I will get something off eBay.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #1417 (permalink)

I can't believe how much those sell for.....but with that being said, it looks like most are under the $25 limit.....in my opinion
Devi8or is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #1418 (permalink)

How do you all feel about this one?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #1419 (permalink)

I think the Evans is good Rob!!

Did we come up with a draft date/time yet?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:44 AM   #1420 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
I think the Evans is good Rob!!

Did we come up with a draft date/time yet?
We do not, it pretty much has to be one of these days and during the evening (around 7:00 PM EST?). Labor day weekend really threw a wrench in our options.

august 26th tuesday
august 27th wednesday
august 28th thursday
august 29th friday
september 2nd tuesday
september 3rd wednesday
Old 08-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #1421 (permalink)

Quote:
We do not, it pretty much has to be one of these days and during the evening (around 7:00 PM EST?). Labor day weekend really threw a wrench in our options.

august 26th tuesday
august 27th wednesday
august 28th thursday
august 29th friday
september 2nd tuesday
september 3rd wednesday
We have a baby expected to be born on sept. 4th
so my vote is any day from the 26th to the 29th.
Jermizzle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #1422 (permalink)

Quote:

august 26th tuesday
august 27th wednesday
august 28th thursday
august 29th friday
september 2nd tuesday
september 3rd wednesday
I would prefer Sep 2nd but open to any other days except the 29th
Old 08-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #1423 (permalink)

With the baby on the way the earlier the better for me

Old 08-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #1424 (permalink)

I'm good with any of the days listed personally.

I have tentatively scheduled the draft for August 28th @ 7:00 PM EST. Anyone opposed to this, please let it be known in the thread. We have never had less than 10 people live at the draft (last year I think we had all 12?), and it makes for a much more entertaining draft.

Are we all good with the Evans card I posted, I'd like to lock it in as my entry or find something else if need be.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #1425 (permalink)

Rob your card doesn't meet the requirements unless I am missing something. I search and see two in completed. one was a best offer accepted for 25, another was an auction that ended at 20.50. Since we average these I don't think you should submit that one.

Here is all I found

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...hsGX8nc%3D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-HOT-ROO...item51c078e41f