Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fantasy question - new dynasty league 2 QB, PPR 1st pick?

We started a new Dynasty league and the draft (slow draft) starts tonight. I've never played in a Dynasty or a 2 QB league before (I'm in four other leagues) and I have the first pick in a 12 team serpentine draft. If it weren't a 2QB league, I would absolutely take one of the 3 big RB's with the first pick, but with it being 2 QB, am I better off taking Aaron Rodgers? It is a PPR league, but I don't think that makes much difference for the first pick. Thoughts?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 08-28-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: thread moved to the correct location
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Now I am starting to rethink this. I feel like I might have to take Ray Rice or Arian Foster with the first pick. It seems like all the online rankings have QB's a good bit lower in Dynasty PPR leagues, but I can't find any rankings for a 2QB Dynasty League.

Help.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

In a 2 QB league that can totally change things...It may be smart to pick up a top qb with your first pick because you can then pick up another pretty solid QB later on. Two good QBs can rack up a lot of points. Plus how does your draft work? does it go 1-12-1 picks? If so youd have back to back picks later on to choose a nice RB and WR or however youd want to choose

Hope that helps!
King23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd take whatever QB you think is the best without hesitation. You can get 2 RBs on the swing if that is what you're interested. Hell, you can screw everything up and take another QB. Depending how the draft goes, you can really be in command of what happens in rounds 3-4 before you pick. If you go QB first, a couple others will go in the next round and a half. If you take a second one, the other drafters might start reaching for QBs in 3-4 and you can get whatever slips through the cracks with your 4th and 5th picks
Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

12 teams, two QB, AND dynasty means you must go QB. There aren't even 24 teams in the league with Quarterbacks who are all that good or rock solid starters. The top guys will be locked up long-term since it's dynasty.

Thank your lucky stars you got the number one pick and enjoy watching others scramble for the top rookies every year while you rest easy with Rodgers or Cam or someone locked up in one of your starting spots.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would say you have to get a QB. Rodgers would be safest. Luck seems like the real deal though if you want to sacrifice some this year for more years in the future. Cam seems a bit risky but is another option.
collectivetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think you have to go Rodgers. The value of 2 strong QBs in this format is humungous. I would guess 12+ qbs might be taken before your next pick. Might even consider one on your next turn. I'm sure luck/rgiii will go very high.
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

I agree with pretty much everyone else. The option of locking up someone like Rodgers and having an elite QB for the next 8 or 9 years in a 2 QB league is huge.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rodgers #1 without a doubt Dont worry everyone will follow your lead and if your lucky a decent QB will still be around on your 2nd pick (I guess Rivers) then on the 3rd pick grab your first RB (again im guessing everyone in front of you will go QB, QB or QB, RB...So my guess for your 3rd pick will be McFadden

Good luck man and look for WR's that have no other big stars around them for PPR leagues or stars that are hurt. DHB with Oakland is a great late pickup...

One person I have snagged up in the last round as my sleeper is Fleener the TE from Indy. He has been playing with Luck for awhile and I can see Luck in a lot of trouble against teams like Hou who they have to play twice so a lot of dump offs to the TE

Good luck
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awesome. Thanks guys. I was looking for some consensus to make sure I wasn't making a big mistake by passing on Arian Foster first. I wanted to take Rodgers and you all have me convinced.

However, to put a little wrinkle into it. I was just offered a trade by the person with the 9th pick. He wants to give me his 1st and 2nd round picks in exchange for my #1 overall. So, if I leave it as it is, I will pick 1st, 24th and 25th. Or, I could trade the pick and have 9th, 16th, 24th and 25th.

So, would I rather have (for example) Aaron Rodgers or Trent Richardson and Cam Newton (or whatever else falls to 9th and 16th).

Thoughts?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
Awesome. Thanks guys. I was looking for some consensus to make sure I wasn't making a big mistake by passing on Arian Foster first. I wanted to take Rodgers and you all have me convinced.

However, to put a little wrinkle into it. I was just offered a trade by the person with the 9th pick. He wants to give me his 1st and 2nd round picks in exchange for my #1 overall. So, if I leave it as it is, I will pick 1st, 24th and 25th. Or, I could trade the pick and have 9th, 16th, 24th and 25th.

So, would I rather have (for example) Aaron Rodgers or Trent Richardson and Cam Newton (or whatever else falls to 9th and 16th).

Thoughts?
He's thinking the same thing we all are about how important it is to have an elite QB. Stand firm where you are unless someone blows you away with an offer. You want that number one pick and Rodgers.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

I would guess Cam is gone before pick 9. Off the top of my head the top 7 should be something like.

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Rice, McCoy, Cam...At this point Im not thrilled about my QB choice for a first round pick. Of course your 2nd QB would be better and you could start on your RBs at the turn but I think you lose to much value giving up Rodgers. Its a interesting offer though.

To me I keep the first pick get Rodgers, Hopefully a Rivers/Manning/Cutler/Flacco type with the 2nd pick and be thrilled to start with McFadden or Forte as your #1 RB in a PPR....WR will be available later. Others that jump early on TE or Top WR early will be catching up all draft.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I got in a league like this.

I had 3rd pick and was DELIGHTED when Arian Foster was still there.

12 team league. 17 of the 1st 24 picks were QB's

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I got in a league like this.

I had 3rd pick and was DELIGHTED when Arian Foster was still there.

12 team league. 17 of the 1st 24 picks were QB's
Wow. PM Coming for a link to your draft if possible. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Qb first or you will be making a huge mistake. Go Rodgers 1 all day. Easy choice.
tdparmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

I am in a ppr reception league and I can tell you ray rice was our highest scoring player (assuming all other stats scoring are standard). For what it is worth.
dustin9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Then again foster over a full season probably passes ray rice. Tough call and picking first you can't tell how the rest of the league will be drafting. I say gamble with the RB and take 2 qbs if you have to on the swing pick.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

With the scoring in this league, Rodgers projects to about 500 points on the season and Ray Rice is about 335 according to CBS. QB's score a good bit more than RB's with this setup.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
With the scoring in this league, Rodgers projects to about 500 points on the season and Ray Rice is about 335 according to CBS. QB's score a good bit more than RB's with this setup.
Based on that then they are giving points for something else to qbs. Completions maybe? Check it out but its more than just ppr and has to be less than 25 passing yards for 1 point. Come back with this info please!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

How many points on average did brees/rodgers/Brady get last year? How many points did the number one running back get?

That should answer your question right there. Good luck with the draft!
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

QB's get 6 points for a TD.
They also get 1 point for every 20 passing yards. Also, 1 point for every 10 rushing yards.

Last year, Brees and Rodgers both over 500 points. Ray Rice 361.

I guess my question was more based on the drop off from the top QB's to the 6th-8th QB's compared to the same with RB's.

Its a mute point now since the draft has started (slow draft) and I have already taken Rodgers.

A Rogers
D Brees
M Stafford
T Brady
R Rice
A Foster
Cal Johnson
L MCcoy
C Newton
D McFadden
M Ryan
T Richardson

A Luck
R Griffin III

Last edited by ddearing; 08-29-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
QB's get 6 points for a TD.
They also get 1 point for every 20 passing yards. Also, 1 point for every 10 rushing yards.

Last year, Brees and Rodgers both over 500 points. Ray Rice 361.

I guess my question was more based on the drop off from the top QB's to the 6th-8th QB's compared to the same with RB's.

Its a mute point now since the draft has started (slow draft) and I have already taken Rodgers. Next picks were Brees, Stafford, Brady and then Ray Rice.

Thanks for the help guys.
My guess was pretty good so far. If you don't mind keep us posted I would like to join a 2 qb league I think.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

Hey if you wanna join my yahoo league? I need 4 more players. You intersted? I can give you the league name and password or give me your email and I can send you an invite. Autopick draft pm me.
justinhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #24 (permalink)

I've updated the post above with the rest of the first 14 picks. Will continue to do so for a little bit. Some guys are taking the Dynasty part of this a bit serious. That's fine, I'll just go ahead and win this year.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

For a quick update on the status of this very slow draft - I got A Rodgers in the 1st. Picked up Tony Romo and Ryan Mathews in the 2nd and 3rd with the 24th and 25th picks. 12 of the first 24 picks were QB's.