Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thoughts on my Fantasy Football team??

It's a non-PPR, 10-team league.

QB's: Michael Vick, Peyton Manning

RB's: Adrian Peterson, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Reggie Bush, Isaac Redman, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen

WR's: Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Greg Jennings, Malcom Floyd, Darius Heyward-Bey

TE: Fred Davis

Defense: Jets

Kicker: Bironas
Old 09-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

For a 10 team league I think your weak at all the core positions except WR personally

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
For a 10 team league I think your weak at all the core positions except WR personally
Thanks, I want honest feedback. I am looking into some trades. I knew I was weak at RB. I should have mentioned in the OP that it is a 3 keeper league and I kept Vick, Peterson, and Johnson.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ap and BGE are ok but I think you need another rb I dont trust the Patriot's runners
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would drop vareen maybe for another te, you don't need 6 rbs esspically both of the pats who hardley run anyways
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

My first move would be upgrading TE and Defense.
Current Wantlist: Tiger Woods autographed framed memorabilia, Autograph baseballs of H. Killebrew, R. Carew, K. Puckett, B. Blyleven, M. Kemp, C. Kershaw, S. Castro, E. Longoria, and R. Cano. Must be from reputable authenticators (JSA, UDA, Steiner, etc.)
jand8791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplaya11 View Post
I would drop vareen maybe for another te, you don't need 6 rbs esspically both of the pats who hardley run anyways
I am completely on the other side. I am not a fan of keeping a TE on your bench. There probably aren't any good ones on the waiver wire to begin with. I figure that in a 10 teamer around 15 TEs get drafted. That leaves you probably with guys like Bennett, Rudolph, Gresham, Olsen, Keller and worse left over. The chances that any of these guys get picked up as anything other than a bye week fill in is probably slim. If you avoid and injury, outside of Gates, TEs really don't get hurt a ton, the only time you will play anyone other than Fred Davis is on his bye week.

I'm not a huge fan of your RBs so the more you have on your roster the better chance there is that one of them breaks out. They seem to get injured more than other positions and the chance of an unheralded RB becoming a starter seems to happen at least a couple of times every year. Sure, maybe week 4 roles around and Vareen or Ridley are doing nothing and aren't getting touches. Then Id say drop one. I wouldn't do it before the season though.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jand8791 View Post
My first move would be upgrading TE and Defense.
Assuming he can stop using, I really like Fred Davis. In 8 of the 12 games he played in last year he had at least 4 receptions for 50 yards and he topped 80 yards in 6 of those games. He was on pace for almost 80 receptions and over 1,000 yards. He's not Graham or Gronk but he can put up pretty much the same numbers a any other TE out there.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
I am completely on the other side. I am not a fan of keeping a TE on your bench. There probably aren't any good ones on the waiver wire to begin with. I figure that in a 10 teamer around 15 TEs get drafted. That leaves you probably with guys like Bennett, Rudolph, Gresham, Olsen, Keller and worse left over. The chances that any of these guys get picked up as anything other than a bye week fill in is probably slim. If you avoid and injury, outside of Gates, TEs really don't get hurt a ton, the only time you will play anyone other than Fred Davis is on his bye week.

I'm not a huge fan of your RBs so the more you have on your roster the better chance there is that one of them breaks out. They seem to get injured more than other positions and the chance of an unheralded RB becoming a starter seems to happen at least a couple of times every year. Sure, maybe week 4 roles around and Vareen or Ridley are doing nothing and aren't getting touches. Then Id say drop one. I wouldn't do it before the season though.
You sir are a smart man. You wrote just about exactly what I was going to say. Listen to this guy. Pile up RBs.
peytonmanning18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice everybody. I guess I will just wait and see how things go!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Id agree with this also. While I think BJGE is going to be a really good player this year for fantasy, AP has a huge question mark over him for a while. Personally I would try to work some kind of trade for another RB.

Def/ST look good though.

Also If you could pick up Russell Wilson, I would do it. I think he will become a big fantasy play maker this year. I think he will have more value than any of the rookie QBs. Just my gut opinion.