Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #76 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
How many times have you won a championship in your league? Be honest.
Once. Last year
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
HighEndHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
How many times have you won a championship in your league? Be honest.
You know what's great about yahoo, they have history.

Game Year Rank Team
Football 2012 N/A * Mark It Zero!
Football 2011 2 of 12 Mark It Zero!
Football 2010 1 of 12 Mark It Zero!
Football 2009 1 of 12 Mark It Zero!
__________________
Football - Collecting Colin Kaepernick!!!
Baseball - Collecting Lucas Giolito and Michael Taylor!!!
HighEndHits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,169
Default

No need for the sass...like I really want to look up your history. Not looking too good those last two years eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEndHits View Post
You know what's great about yahoo, they have history.

Game Year Rank Team
Football 2012 N/A * Mark It Zero!
Football 2011 2 of 12 Mark It Zero!
Football 2010 1 of 12 Mark It Zero!
Football 2009 1 of 12 Mark It Zero!
__________________
addicted36 is my hero!

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
HighEndHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
No need for the sarcasm...like I really want to look up your history. Not looking too good those last two years eh?
Umm, this year is N/A because it hasn't started

Have a good night to everyone as I have to work in the AM.
__________________
Football - Collecting Colin Kaepernick!!!
Baseball - Collecting Lucas Giolito and Michael Taylor!!!
HighEndHits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,169
Default

Oh, you're right. My apology sir. Good luck with your season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEndHits View Post
Umm, this year is N/A because it hasn't started

Have a good night to everyone as I have to work in the AM.
__________________
addicted36 is my hero!

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
saintsfan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,374
Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEndHits View Post
Umm, this year is N/A because it hasn't started

Have a good night to everyone as I have to work in the AM.
just keep pounding the fact you got stafford late and he had a breakout year. I guess there are 10 breakout QBs every year we can get int he 5th round. get over yourself
__________________
Bucket: http://s749.photobucket.com/home/saintsfan20/allalbums
I only ship to US (Canada for some members)
When I post a price, I will not respond to "PM me your best price" or if I "can do any better." If you want a better price, please counter-offer.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #82 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

For whoever said DeMarco should be a first round pick, you're right! But only if it's a 20 team league!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,141
Default

Why take two defenses 9 and 11?
__________________
http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/bubble201/
Looking for higher end contenders autos from all years
bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 AM   #84 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble View Post
Why take two defenses 9 and 11?
I'm set for the bye week and didn't know Seattle was still that good. I like my starters but bench could use work...might drop Skelton and pick up jake locker
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Wow if you base your picks off preseason over years off experience I would love to be in any league your in...

I'm guessing you didn't put into consideration about all the BS the saints have gone through and will for the whole year
Dude, wanna hear the funniest, well maybe saddest story in all of Fantasy Football history?

I've been down visiting with my wife and her family and I was chatting with her brother who is in 4 leagues this year. He said during his first draft, which was done online, this girl who picked like 3rd or 4th, picked Tim Tebow as her starting QB.

Yeah let that one sink in.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 AM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

Also I read the entire thread and High End had well thought out responses regardless if you thought they were right and wrong and there were basically 2 or 3 people calling him dumb for voicing those all the while him keeping his cool dropping stats like BOMBS on y'all.

I love these forums.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #87 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Also I read the entire thread and High End had well thought out responses regardless if you thought they were right and wrong and there were basically 2 or 3 people calling him dumb for voicing those all the while him keeping his cool dropping stats like BOMBS on y'all.

I love these forums.
Tim Tebow someone in my league didn't know an she drafted branch and my buddy said you know they cut him right and she said to him no no I did not why do they still have him on here
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #88 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

In my draft, I had the 5th pick and ended up with LeSean. After Rodgers, Brady, Rice and Foster went.

I was shocked, absolutely shocked.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,410
Default

I'm not playing this year but where is Jug Head falling in the draft? May be a steal.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
kl4life2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ from Ohio
Posts: 1,051
Default

Aaron Rodgers had 650 points in my league last year - the next closest was Brees - the closest RB was nearly 200 points less. You need to understand your league point settings before drafting.
kl4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
HighEndHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl4life2 View Post
Aaron Rodgers had 650 points in my league last year - the next closest was Brees - the closest RB was nearly 200 points less. You need to understand your league point settings before drafting.
Relative value within positions has nothing to do with overall point leaders. You were obviously in a QB heavy scoring league so the QBs score more points overall than other positions. And last year was the first year ever that there was such a huge separation between the top few QBs and the rest of the QBs. Think of relative value as replacement value. The gap between the top few RBs and the next tier of RBs typically has the largest drop off among the different positions. So if you don't get a top 3 RB you are usually starting off with a huge disadvantage. The drop off after the Top 3 QBs historically has never been as larger as last year and typically is very minimal to the point you can get a very good QB in the later rounds that will post similar statistics to the top 3 QBs taken. Also as QB is usually one of the more stable positions in terms of performance and injury the risk of taking a QB in round 4 or 5 and having them be a flop for your fantasy team is most likely the lowest risk out of any of the skill positions. On the other hand while you have a very small chance that a RB taken after round 2 might have a breakout year and jump into the upper tier of RBs that vast majority of them will not add any significant to your FFB team.
__________________
Football - Collecting Colin Kaepernick!!!
Baseball - Collecting Lucas Giolito and Michael Taylor!!!
HighEndHits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
kl4life2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ from Ohio
Posts: 1,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEndHits View Post
Relative value within positions has nothing to do with overall point leaders. You were obviously in a QB heavy scoring league so the QBs score more points overall than other positions. And last year was the first year ever that there was such a huge separation between the top few QBs and the rest of the QBs. Think of relative value as replacement value. The gap between the top few RBs and the next tier of RBs typically has the largest drop off among the different positions. So if you don't get a top 3 RB you are usually starting off with a huge disadvantage. The drop off after the Top 3 QBs historically has never been as larger as last year and typically is very minimal to the point you can get a very good QB in the later rounds that will post similar statistics to the top 3 QBs taken. Also as QB is usually one of the more stable positions in terms of performance and injury the risk of taking a QB in round 4 or 5 and having them be a flop for your fantasy team is most likely the lowest risk out of any of the skill positions. On the other hand while you have a very small chance that a RB taken after round 2 might have a breakout year and jump into the upper tier of RBs that vast majority of them will not add any significant to your FFB team.

I understand what you're saying, but the last three years Rodgers has been my keeper and the last three years I've picked up a RB on the waiver wire that has exploded/provided #1 type of points:

2009 Jamal Charles
2010 Peyton Hillis
2011 Demarco Murray

I will take my chances of keeping the #1 QB in points (I let Lesean McCoy go back into the draft this year) and pick up a RB that breaks out - there is always one.
kl4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.