Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Other Fantasy League (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-fantasy-league/)
-   -   Hurry, I need help with fantasy roster (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-fantasy-league/36664-hurry-i-need-help-fantasy-roster.html)

steelheader 08-17-2009 10:21 PM

Hurry, I need help with fantasy roster

I am in a Yahoo PPR keeper league and I am up to draft right now (24 hrs)
I still need to fill my kicker position and 3 defensive spots so to draft I am going to have to drop someone. I am looking at Moreno, Greg Olsen, Cedric Benson, McCoy and Percy Harvin. So, do I draft one of these guys? Who would you drop? Or do I just stand pat with my team. BTW, I inherited this team 2 years ago and went from last to first, through the draft and free agency. I will go with the board consensus.
Dave

QB Drew Brees
WR Greg Jennings
WR Randy Moss
RB Frank Gore
RB Michael Turner
TE Tony Gonzalez
W/T Roy Williams
W/R Reggie Bush
BN Anthony Gonzalez
BN Ted Ginn Jr.
BN Santonio Holmes
BN Deion Branch
BN Ray Rice
BN Aaron Rodgers
BN Derrick Ward
BN
K --empty--
DEF Baltimore
BN Green Bay
D --empty--
DB --empty--
DL --empty--

iluvfish2 08-17-2009 10:32 PM

I think I'd have Gonzo over Bush in that starting slot, but still unsure on how productive any rookie will be and typically avoid the defensive player setups. For DL..might be worth checking into Osi or maybe another Giants Lineman as I think they'll have another solid season chasing quarterbacks.

As far as kickers go, I see Hanson having another solid season. Should be really good for the first 5 or 6 games as they've got very tough matchups, but see them moving the ball, but as normal stalling out. Plus any home games or domes, Hanson and 50 yrds is very possible...and almost automatic.

steelheader 08-17-2009 10:36 PM

I just put the guys in the spots randomly for this post. I will pick up my remaining spots once free agency opens up. Would you drop anyone for the guys I am looking at?

ohiomike 08-17-2009 10:45 PM

You use team defense AND IDP in the same league? Interesting. How does that work? I love playing IDP leagues instead of team defense. I think if more people did, it would really increase the card market for stud defensive players. Demeco Ryans and Patrick Willis are basically treated as commons in the hobby, yet they each have performed more consistently than Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis the past couple seasons.

steelheader 08-17-2009 10:53 PM

Here's the defensive scoring. I usually pick up and drop players according to match ups. If you pick right you can really get a lot of extra points.

Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Return Yards 20 yards per point 0
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6 0
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4
[B]Defensive Players League Value Yahoo![/B]
Tackle Solo 1
Sack 2
Interception 2 3
Fumble Force 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Pass Defended 1
Block Kick 2

ohiomike 08-17-2009 11:03 PM

Do your IDP's also get points for return yards / return td's? If so, Josh Wilson from Seattle is a beast! I had a couple games from him last year that were higher than any of my offensive guys.