Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Other Fantasy League (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-fantasy-league/)
-   -   need to pick a new WR for breaston....help needed (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-fantasy-league/39546-need-pick-new-wr-breaston-help-needed.html)

deboesports 09-15-2009 08:38 PM

need to pick a new WR for breaston....help needed

if you dont think i should drop steve breaston, please say so....but here is the list of the top free agents that are available......who should i chose??

Percy Harvin
Mario Manningham
Lance Moore
Chris Henry
Justin Gage
Josh Morgan
Muhsin Muhammad
Robert Meachem
Andre Caldwell
Isaac Bruce
Devery Henderson
Joshua Cribbs
Michael Jenkins

37Jetson 09-15-2009 09:01 PM

Marion Manningham is showing some upside potential with a great QB. He would be my pickup up choice unless Boldin and/or Fitzgerald get hurt.

flobert1205 09-15-2009 09:01 PM

I personally wouldn't drop breaston, but if you have to, I would probably pick up Meachem or Henderson for the sole fact that the Brees is throwing them the ball.

deboesports 09-15-2009 09:08 PM

i dont wanna drop breaston either, but i need a solid number 3 WR. and a solid back up

ohiomike 09-15-2009 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=deboesports;327049]if you dont think i should drop steve breaston, please say so....but here is the list of the top free agents that are available......who should i chose??

Percy Harvin
Mario Manningham
Lance Moore
Chris Henry
Justin Gage
Josh Morgan
Muhsin Muhammad
Robert Meachem
Andre Caldwell
Isaac Bruce
Devery Henderson
Joshua Cribbs
Michael Jenkins[/QUOTE]

If you get points for return yards (some leagues give like 1 point per 25-30 yards kick/punt returns), I'd definitely consider picking up Cribbs or Harvin. Cribbs is hands down the best return man in the NFL now and Harvin looked pretty explosive too and will likely figure into the Vikings regular offense more and more as the season progresses.

deboesports 09-15-2009 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=ohiomike;327096]If you get points for return yards (some leagues give like 1 point per 25-30 yards kick/punt returns), I'd definitely consider picking up Cribbs or Harvin. Cribbs is hands down the best return man in the NFL now and Harvin looked pretty explosive too and will likely figure into the Vikings regular offense more and more as the season progresses.[/QUOTE]

we had a vote for return yards and stuff like that and it got voted down :mad:

not by me i might add! lol

deboesports 09-15-2009 09:43 PM

i got 1 more hour before i cant pick this week....any more help

ohiomike 09-15-2009 09:51 PM

If this is a starting player for you, I'd say it depends on what you'd rather have... a player that you can count on to give you consistent points week to week even if those points are usually never going to be stellar, or would you rather have the big play receiver who may put up monster numbers in one week but go 2-3 weeks in between putting up not much.

Consistent:
Justin Gage
Josh Morgan
Percy Harvin

Monster Game Threats:
Steve Breaston
Joshua Cribbs (assuming you get return TD points at least)
Any of the Saints receivers (Moore, Meachem, Henderson)

Too early to really say:
Mario Manningham
Chris Henry

Personally, I'd keep the spot flexible on your roster and just play the favorable matchups. If I HAD to select one guy longterm, it would probably be Harvin. I think he'll be consistent at worst and as the season goes on he'll probably be a monster game threat too.

deboesports 09-15-2009 11:19 PM

im gonna give steve 1-2 more weeks cause he was hurt...and its hard to drop a 1,000+ WR

GoClips! 09-15-2009 11:41 PM

He never comes close to touching 1,000 without a Boldin broken jaw... I like Harvin and Manningham the most out of that list.