Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
We are down to our last to owners from last year. I have spoken to YanksBillsFan - Masterson of my Domain. He wishes to come back to the league for 2013 but is stationed over seas, so he only has access on the weekends. I don't want to penalize him for his services, so I was wondering if you guys would be ok with accommodating him by having the draft on the weekends when he has access. He will send me over a list on Friday and we can go ahead and draft for him when he's not around (due to the time difference). If we start early enough, this will give us plenty of time to have the draft done by Opening Day.

As for, Lbsbigbro22 - Team, I have not been in contact with him. He actually hasn't signed in since mid December. Does anyone have any contact information for him? Maybe a personal email? If not, how long should we give him before we move on to another owner?

Please let me know your thoughts on the above.

I do not have a problem doing that for YanksBillsFan and I personally prefer to do the draft on the weekends anyway.

With Lbsbigbro22, maybe give him a couple of weeks to see if he returns but proceed with the new members after that.

When did everyone want to start the keepers and drafting process?
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
I do not have a problem doing that for YanksBillsFan and I personally prefer to do the draft on the weekends anyway.

With Lbsbigbro22, maybe give him a couple of weeks to see if he returns but proceed with the new members after that.

Well said...+1 for me
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

agree as above
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post

I think we can get keepers started now, you can submit lists, but we won't lock them in as your keepers (because of injuries and what not) until we start the draft. The draft, we have to wait till we figure out the ownership situation. How about we give lbsbigbro22 until February 15th? Or until Pitchers and catchers report. Maybe that will trigger him to look up the thread.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Are we doing the draft on here like last year again?

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Phil Simms Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Are we doing the draft on here like last year again?
I assumed we would, but I don't think it's set in stone.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

I think the offline format will benefit our serviceman greatly, as well as me with my work schedule. I vote for the same as last year

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Phil Simms Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
I think we can get keepers started now, you can submit lists, but we won't lock them in as your keepers (because of injuries and what not) until we start the draft. The draft, we have to wait till we figure out the ownership situation. How about we give lbsbigbro22 until February 15th? Or until Pitchers and catchers report. Maybe that will trigger him to look up the thread.
If I missed this, my apologies...are there king to be any scoring changes? I ask, because if there will be changes I am thinking it would make a little difference in who we keep etc....?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittychitty844 View Post
If I missed this, my apologies...are there king to be any scoring changes? I ask, because if there will be changes I am thinking it would make a little difference in who we keep etc....?
Well at this point everything is up for debate I think. I know last year pitchers had a huge advantage so you could just stock up on them. I think we should wait till we have all managers so that we can all chime in, but yes we need to cut back on add/drops per week and change the scoring.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Well at this point everything is up for debate I think. I know last year pitchers had a huge advantage so you could just stock up on them. I think we should wait till we have all managers so that we can all chime in, but yes we need to cut back on add/drops per week and change the scoring.
Also less DL spots, I was guilty of this but I stashed like seven guys on the DL last year, I say 3 maximum, maybe 2 DL slots only

Old 01-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

limit the transaction to 3 for the week...stop people like me from dropping and adding...even though the waiver wire was very week, you could stockpile some categories...strikeouts, wins, saves
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

Hey guys. Been talking to Nodie off-line and appreciate the support by you all. Haven't been active on the boards since I arrived here in September. This league should be that reason to jump on here more. I'm accessing this from work so thankfully I should be able to continue with the draft during the stateside primetime hours. I'll do all I can to ensure that I won't up the draft.

Looking forward to another season with a soild group of guys. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

alright, ESPN baseball leagues are officially open today! Before I activate the league, I need confirmation from the guys who are new this year so I can add you to the league and take out others. I'll need your emails so please PM me them.

Also if there are going to be any changes to scoring, I'd like to have that discussed right now as well. Last year pitchers were a little over valued, so we need to decrease some of the scoring for them.
trouts2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
alright, ESPN baseball leagues are officially open today! Before I activate the league, I need confirmation from the guys who are new this year so I can add you to the league and take out others. I'll need your emails so please PM me them.

Also if there are going to be any changes to scoring, I'd like to have that discussed right now as well. Last year pitchers were a little over valued, so we need to decrease some of the scoring for them.
Can you email lbsbigbro from the ESPN league? I have been unable to contact him through here. I was hoping he had a different email set up for the league.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Quote:
Can you email lbsbigbro from the ESPN league? I have been unable to contact him through here. I was hoping he had a different email set up for the league.
he's no longer even listed in the espn system so I dont have that info. Honestly, this league was created for active members of Blowout. If he's not on, then he can't contribute to the league so we should prob find some other members who can.
trouts2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #41 (permalink)

Lets get this started folks, lets set a date for keepers to be turned in by so we can all remove those guys from our draft boards

Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Lets get this started folks, lets set a date for keepers to be turned in by so we can all remove those guys from our draft boards
You read my mind.

So quick update: I'm having the new owners confirm right now. Then they will be able to draft their keepers from the available teams rosters.

All returning members, please pm me your keeprs. I'm helping trouts2 with the pre season stuff.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #43 (permalink)

I am interested......
Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I am interested......
And risk you winning this league too? No dice Chico!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
You read my mind.

So quick update: I'm having the new owners confirm right now. Then they will be able to draft their keepers from the available teams rosters.

All returning members, please pm me your keeprs. I'm helping trouts2 with the pre season stuff.
So what all teams are avaiable to take over? Can't wait, won my big league last year! This is gonna be great!
Jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
So what all teams are avaiable to take over? Can't wait, won my big league last year! This is gonna be great!
I'll post up their rosters shortly once we have all the new owners confirm. Good luck! Did I mention if you win it all I get 20%
Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll post up their rosters shortly once we have all the new owners confirm. Good luck! Did I mention if you win it all I get 20%
Haha good deal man, ready to get this bad boy started. I think I have the rules down, theirs a certain team I'm hoping to take over lol (hint I'm a braves fan) lol
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha good deal man, ready to get this bad boy started. I think I have the rules down, theirs a certain team I'm hoping to take over lol (hint I'm a braves fan) lol
JDK16 - Team Braves
Lbsbigbro22 - Team
ichirorox - Team Chang
Ooosh - Team Ooosh

Those are the teams that are available so im guessing you want the highlighted one?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
JDK16 - Team Braves
Lbsbigbro22 - Team
ichirorox - Team Chang
Ooosh - Team Ooosh

Those are the teams that are available so im guessing you want the highlighted one?
Maybe , after checking the rosters most of them have at least adequate keepers to work with. was expecting worst in 16 team league. I have a question tho. Do i just automatically keep the 4 minor leaguers from the team I take over? when is my first opportunity to replace them with someone else?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe , after checking the rosters most of them have at least adequate keepers to work with. was expecting worst in 16 team league. I have a question tho. Do i just automatically keep the 4 minor leaguers from the team I take over? when is my first opportunity to replace them with someone else?
Great questions! I'll pm all the new owners with the answers. I dont' want to confuse the previous owners. (they get brain pains if they think too hard - just trying to see if they're paying attention)