Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #151 (permalink)

so if your saying its an advantage for the teams that made the playoffs last year in a snake draft, and a disadvantage for the teams that did not do well...then reverse the draft order,,, the team that won the championship can have the first pick and the 32 and so on, and the team that came in last can have the 16th and 17th pick....

personally, I still think its an advantage for the last team to get 1st and 32nd...

Even looking at the teams that were given up, they have 6 good keepers
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #152 (permalink)

I've been in keeper leagues for over 10 years and never been in one that was not a snake draft, this includes two leagues where we kept 10 players.

Can't be compared to the real draft because we don't have salary concerns or the ability to lure players during the offseason with massive deals.

The teams at the front of the draft that don't get to pick until later in the second round also end up with earlier picks in the 3rd round. First pick gets 1 32,33 where as last pick gets 16, 17, and not again until 48.

You also have to consider we are keeping 6 players, so this is round 7 of the drafts, already considered the middle rounds where the talent levels are rather similar and sleepers/average players will be taken for the most part. We also have 16 teams so there will be 96 players off the board (without factoring minors) when a normal 12 team league would only have 72 gone.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
so if your saying its an advantage for the teams that made the playoffs last year in a snake draft, and a disadvantage for the teams that did not do well...then reverse the draft order,,, the team that won the championship can have the first pick and the 32 and so on, and the team that came in last can have the 16th and 17th pick....

personally, I still think its an advantage for the last team to get 1st and 32nd...

I'd rather have some of the bad teams keepers than mine
Old 02-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab282 View Post
I'd rather have some of the bad teams keepers than mine
Same here. I honestly don't know how I managed 2nd place last year. My keepers aren't going to guarantee me anything if I get the 15th and 18th pick. I vote for Snake draft. If it comes down to a league busting issue then I will back down, BUT none of you better come asking me to design your team uniforms!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd say stick with a snake draft...

Points wise, I think holds should be worth less than saves...yes, they are important in real baseball, but I think having them the same as saves diminishes the value of a closer...
3 pts saves
2 pts holds

I like triples being worth the same as a homer since triples are harder to get than homers, plus homers get the extra run and rbi tally as well, but not that big an issue to me

Bench spots keep as 4, dl spots as 2....figure that gives 6 spots if you are hit that hard with injuries...

any other point stuff, I don;t really care about....just planning on kicking chitty butt this year....
I agree with all of this too. Saves should count more than holds, I would even go as far as to say 4-to-2 keeping in mind that a point is tallied just for an inning pitched with middle and set up relievers pitching more often. Right on point with the triples scoring , IMO, and I also like having the bench and dl spots the way they were.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
Your not penalized. You get to keep your great pickups. Medlen is one of the best. A starting pitcher who you can keep in a rp spot
I got that...was referring to the rest of the draft after our keepers...Definitely lucked out picking him up though
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:

Really Like that idea...and agree about teams that had ugly records having some really solid players..I really think some of the owners gave up when they hit a bad streak...anyways, on to other things...I am ready to get this season started already...Can't we have a short spring training season?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittychitty844 View Post
Really Like that idea...and agree about teams that had ugly records having some really solid players..I really think some of the owners gave up when they hit a bad streak...anyways, on to other things...I am ready to get this season started already...Can't we have a short spring training season?
I'm looking to join another league just so I can draft early. True it's pointless since the season is so far away and injuries can happen but I just want to get this season started.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #159 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

I'm glad I was able to start a conversation, obviously I am still in with whatever the majority decides. I just want the last teams to turn in their keepers so I can mark them off my list

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I'm glad I was able to start a conversation, obviously I am still in with whatever the majority decides. I just want the last teams to turn in their keepers so I can mark them off my list
damn...you're already working on a list....
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #161 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
damn...you're already working on a list....
Hell yeah, I can't blow the fifth pick

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:

Will you please quote the post I stated that in the current format the teams with good records have an advantage in a snake draft.. I simply stated the other league follows the MLB format to keep the teams more balanced. We have never had anyone leave the league and it is much more active than any other league ive refer been in. Lol keepers aren't too bad. I have a solid 3 but I can guarantee Michael young Andre either and nelson Cruz won't be keepers next year (all the suspension talk).
Jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Will you please quote the post I stated that in the current format the teams with good records have an advantage in a snake draft.. I simply stated the other league follows the MLB format to keep the teams more balanced. We have never had anyone leave the league and it is much more active than any other league ive refer been in. Lol keepers aren't too bad. I have a solid 3 but I can guarantee Michael young Andre either and nelson Cruz won't be keepers next year (all the suspension talk).
never said it was you did I???

Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #164 (permalink)

You stated that right after me, who else could you have been talking to?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #165 (permalink)

Lol but this is for fun so Idk why theres a mini argument. i was just stating how it had been in my other league. Honestly tho unless it was stated before the league started the draft shouldn't change anyways. It would have to be unanimous for something major like that. Lol i might have just been sour I kinda got stuck with bad keepers lol. But the 123 123 is more realistic but like i said it wasnt stated before hand so it shouldn't be changed.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
You stated that right after me, who else could you have been talking to?
post 144 sethmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I don't know if I am a fan of the snake draft only because with 16 teams it still leans towards favoring the teams that were in the playoffs last year. After keepers the first pick hen doesn't pick again until 32, where as the league champ gets 16&17. Just my opinions
and in my post, I reference 1st pick and 32nd pick vs 16 and 17

Last edited by Dacubs; 02-13-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
I am kind of in the same boat, but the two guys I wanted have these nagging injuries and may not even play for the first couple of months in the season...but for me, it just makes it interesting and I may have to go a different direction because of the lingering injuries...

I was curious about all the suspension talk and what would happen...that would suck to have most of our keepers suspended....damn PEDs....
Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #168 (permalink)

I know this is not related to the league at all guys but everyone check this out and see if you can help this guy out..

QS for Rams #1 Fan's son
Every penny from every card sold is going to help cover his sons medical bills..
Thanks guys.

Lol chitty i know many and it's just a waste of a bench spot. I'm strongly considering Beuhrle over Cruz as crazy as that sounds. He is an innings eater which helps in points leagues
Old 02-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #169 (permalink)

whens the deadline for final keeper submission...I'm now wavering on one of my keepers
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
whens the deadline for final keeper submission...I'm now wavering on one of my keepers
Decide to drop Cabrera huh?

Tell ya what....I will help you out and trade for him
Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittychitty844 View Post
Decide to drop Cabrera huh?

Tell ya what....I will help you out and trade for him
yeah...miggy's such a slob...

actually deciding between SS Ian Desmond, 3B Brett lawrie, 1B Anthony Rizzo
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #172 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

9pm eastern friday is final keeper day.

With that said, ALL keepers are finally updated to this point. Please check your keeper selections on the ESPN page to make sure thats who you want. Draft will begin sometime this weekend. We will be doing an offline draft here on the boards, I'll create a new thread for it

Last edited by trouts2; 02-14-2013 at 09:17 AM.
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #173 (permalink)

Here are all keeper selections

TROUTS2 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Matt Kemp, LAD CF
Cliff Lee, Phi SP
Madison Bumgarner, SF SP
Paul Goldschmidt, Ari 1B
Manny Machado, Bal 3B
Justin Upton, Atl RF

SLUGGER82685 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Elvis Andrus, Tex SS
Michael Bourn, FA CF
Craig Kimbrel, Atl RP
Adam Jones, Bal CF
Evan Longoria, TB 3B
Chris Sale, CWS SP

LINDROS810 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Prince Fielder, Det 1B
Giancarlo Stanton, Mia RF
Ryan Braun, Mil LF
Matt Holliday, StL LF
Pablo Sandoval, SF 3B
Shane Victorino, Bos CF

WCTYSON . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Jose Reyes, Tor SS
Bryce Harper, Wsh CF
Robinson Cano, NYY 2B
Victor Martinez, Det C
Andrew McCutchen, Pit CF
Stephen Strasburg, Wsh SP

FUNGI2510 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Carlos Gonzalez, Col LF
Joey Votto, Cin 1B
Cole Hamels, Phi SP
David Wright, NYM 3B
Alex Gordon, KC LF
Jose Bautista, Tor RF

DAB282 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Carlos Santana, Cle C
Roy Halladay, Phi SP
Justin Verlander, Det SP
Aramis Ramirez, Mil 3B
Yoenis Cespedes, Oak LF
Billy Butler, KC 1B

YANKSBILLSFAN . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Adrian Gonzalez, LAD 1B
Hanley Ramirez, LAD 3B
Matt Cain, SF SP
Jay Bruce, Cin RF
James Shields, KC SP
Jordan Zimmermann, Wsh SP

JWALKIN ON YAH! (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Troy Tulowitzki, Col SS
Jered Weaver, LAA SP
Michael Young, Phi 1B
Nelson Cruz, Tex RF
Buster Posey, SF C
Andre Ethier, LAD RF

THEHEEL . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Curtis Granderson, NYY CF
Yadier Molina, StL C
Chase Headley, SD 3B
Brandon Morrow, Tor SP
Aroldis Chapman, Cin RP
Jose Altuve, Hou 2B

7290MORINT . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Matt Moore, TB SP
Starlin Castro, ChC SS
Yovani Gallardo, Mil SP
Mike Trout, LAA CF
Joe Mauer, Min C
David Price, TB SP

SETHMURPHY . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Felix Hernandez, Sea SP
Jason Kipnis, Cle 2B
Dan Haren, Wsh SP
Matt Wieters, Bal C
Ben Zobrist, TB RF
Tim Lincecum, SF SP

JEDI500 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Ryan Zimmerman, Wsh 3B
Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos CF
Jeremy Hellickson, TB SP
Jason Heyward, Atl RF
Josh Hamilton, LAA CF
Adam Wainwright, StL SP

CHITTYCHITTY844 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Zack Greinke, LAD SP
Marco Scutaro, SF 2B
Aaron Hill, Ari 2B
Angel Pagan, SF CF
Jake Peavy, CWS SP
Kris Medlen, Atl RP

DACUBS . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Miguel Cabrera, Det 3B
Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B
Yu Darvish, Tex SP
Gio Gonzalez, Wsh SP
Johnny Cueto, Cin SP
Ian Desmond, Wsh SS

BOSTON77YANKEES . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Albert Pujols, LAA 1B
CC Sabathia, NYY SP
Adrian Beltre, Tex 3B
Chase Utley, Phi 2B
Carlos Beltran, StL RF
Austin Jackson, Det CF

NODIE27 . (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Clayton Kershaw, LAD SP
Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B
Jimmy Rollins, Phi SS
Jonathan Papelbon, Phi RP
Edwin Encarnacion, Tor 1B
R.A. Dickey, Tor SP
Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #174 (permalink)

Once again, here are the point settings as of now. Please review and let me know if we need to change anything.

Batting
Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 5 Home Runs (HR) 3
Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 2
Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1
Game Winning RBI (GWRBI) 3 Hitting for the Cycle (CYC) 5

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3 Earned Runs (ER) -1
Wins (W) 3 Losses (L) -3
Saves (SV) 5 Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1 Walks Issued (BB) -1
Holds (HD) 3 Complete Games (CG) 3
No Hitters (NH) 5 Perfect Games (PG) 5
Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
Once again, here are the point settings as of now. Please review and let me know if we need to change anything.

Batting
Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 5 Home Runs (HR) 3
Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 2
Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1
Game Winning RBI (GWRBI) 3 Hitting for the Cycle (CYC) 5

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3 Earned Runs (ER) -1
Wins (W) 3 Losses (L) -3
Saves (SV) 5 Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1 Walks Issued (BB) -1
Holds (HD) 3 Complete Games (CG) 3
No Hitters (NH) 5 Perfect Games (PG) 5
^Looks good to me^
How does the pitching per matchup work?
Is the min limit for ip in a week 10? (it shouldn't matter thats two starts lol)
Is there a games started limit per matchup? (for starting pitchers)