Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #176 (permalink)

points look fine

did we agree on a max number of transactions per week?? i'd say 3-4
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
points look fine

did we agree on a max number of transactions per week?? i'd say 3-4
I second this. Although in a 16 team league the stash the next days probable starters method isn't as effective due to lack of talent on waiver wire
Jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #178 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

transactions per week changed to 4. This will help minimize streamlining pitchers like it happened last year
trouts2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
transactions per week changed to 4. This will help minimize streamlining pitchers like it happened last year
works for me....AND i was one of the ones adding and dumping pitchers (and will probably still do so to a lesser extent)...but in my defense, last year I asked about lowering it since it is a common tactic...so I adjusted my strategy based on the rules in place...just like I will adjust this year to the rules and different point system...

can't wait for this to happen....I know we didn't really have adraft clock last year and for the most part we were okay since we started drafing so early on...if it does start dragging though, we may need to look at some sort of time limit in 2-3 weeks or so
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #180 (permalink)

last minute change to my keepers...dang I hope I am making the right decision....either way I am going to second guess myself...

take P Johnny Cueto off of my keepers list and please put 3B Brett Lawrie on as my keeper..

Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
last minute change to my keepers...dang I hope I am making the right decision....either way I am going to second guess myself...

take P Johnny Cueto off of my keepers list and please put 3B Brett Lawrie on as my keeper..

Thanks
Done. But for future keeper changes just go on to your team page and you can do it yourself
Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Done. But for future keeper changes just go on to your team page and you can do it yourself
okay...sorry, didn't know we could do that...
Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Thatll cause some confusion. I know I've already started marking off keepers no ill have to go back through and check that thir the same from the forum
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #184 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Did we agree on DL slots? 2 or 3 maximum IMO

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #185 (permalink)

How can we see everyone's keepers on espn site?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #186 (permalink)

sorry, i dont know what happened. I'm going to manualy drop players to set keepers now
Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #187 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

Quote:
sorry, i dont know what happened. I'm going to manualy drop players to set keepers now
I thought u said it was set to be done automatically at 9pm Pacific?
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #188 (permalink)

Just dropped all non keepers for you like the email said.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
The first year draft (new league or non keeper league) is always snake that way it doesnt penalize the team with the last pick.

Ha me and you are on opposite SIDES of the draft so we of course have our preferences

The reason my other keeper league does the 123 123 format is that the team in last place is usually very undermatched with talent and it allows the league to be more balanced and we've had success with it (have never lost a league member)
Especially with replacement owners who have taken over shittay teams lol
(not too bad just added that for dramatic purposes)
just wondering how many keepers are in that league??
Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
just wondering how many keepers are in that league??
We've kind of gradually increased as we went. Started out with four. We're now either going with 6 or 8. But keep in mind it's an eight team league
Old 04-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #191 (permalink)

Weaver being out a while hurt me! I bet whoever has Greinke is pretty pissed over last night. Saw it live and couldn't believe Quentin charged in a close game on a full count
Old 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #192 (permalink)

i propose that if a player is called up from the minors, the team that has the player as a minors keeper should have 24 hours to either add them to their team or let them become a free agent....we shouldnt have all these minors who are actually on the major league teams listed as free agents where we have to go and verify if they are REALLY free agents or not, its a waste of time and it gives teams whos minors that are actually in the majors extra reserves for players. Its like having extra bench players that other teams cant have.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #193 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
i propose that if a player is called up from the minors, the team that has the player as a minors keeper should have 24 hours to either add them to their team or let them become a free agent....we shouldnt have all these minors who are actually on the major league teams listed as free agents where we have to go and verify if they are REALLY free agents or not, its a waste of time and it gives teams whos minors that are actually in the majors extra reserves for players. Its like having extra bench players that other teams cant have.
I can see your point but I think the time frame needs to be longer than 24 hours. Post a poll on the ESPN league page and let's see what the other members think.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
I can see your point but I think the time frame needs to be longer than 24 hours. Post a poll on the ESPN league page and let's see what the other members think.
i would agree...longer than 24 hours....took me til now to find out fujikowa got placed on the dl yesterday...point being, sometimes it takes a while to even know whats going on...esp if its a call up who then sits on the bench...if hes not in the box score, you might not even know he was up
Old 04-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #195 (permalink)

ok i see it will need to be longer than 24 hours....is there any way for someone to keep track of who gets called up? how bout once a call up has 12 ABs for batters and pitches either 4 innings or makes their first start for pitchers you then have 24 hours to decide whether you want to keep the player or let them go into free agency?....does that make sense?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #196 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
ok i see it will need to be longer than 24 hours....is there any way for someone to keep track of who gets called up? how bout once a call up has 12 ABs for batters and pitches either 4 innings or makes their first start for pitchers you then have 24 hours to decide whether you want to keep the player or let them go into free agency?....does that make sense?
That makes sense to me. Post this on the ESPN league page so that we can open a discussion on if everyone agrees on how to proceed.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #197 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Until the poll is conducted and we have a decision from the LM, you need to drop Gyorko. I told you that yesterday and you still played him. He should not be on your roster. Not sure that his point totals from when you picked him will determine a different outcome in this weeks match but he is not your player and should not be on your roster at all.

I also noticed YANKS picked Tony Cingrani without asking to add him to your minors list. I think you can either wait until he is on the Reds active roster and then pick him or drop someone on your current minors list then pick him to add to that list.

The point is, managers need to have better communication and ask the LM if there are any questions before going ahead and doing whatever you like.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Until the poll is conducted and we have a decision from the LM, you need to drop Gyorko. I told you that yesterday and you still played him. He should not be on your roster. Not sure that his point totals from when you picked him will determine a different outcome in this weeks match but he is not your player and should not be on your roster at all.

I also noticed YANKS picked Tony Cingrani without asking to add him to your minors list. I think you can either wait until he is on the Reds active roster and then pick him or drop someone on your current minors list then pick him to add to that list.

The point is, managers need to have better communication and ask the LM if there are any questions before going ahead and doing whatever you like.

I would be on board as well although maybe give a bit longer than 24 hours. Because sometimes prospects go under the radar you get to watch games of their team. For instance I'm a big braves fan and their games are the only that broadcast locally, I didn't find out that Jose Fernandez had joined the marlins until a couple days later when I saw it on Baseball Tonight. And he's one of the bigger prospects.

Great idea tho slugger!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #199 (permalink)

FYI, whoever had minors claim on Gyorko has yet to even say anything, guy has started all 12 major league games this year and I grabbed him in FA after 10 games.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #200 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
FYI, whoever had minors claim on Gyorko has yet to even say anything, guy has started all 12 major league games this year and I grabbed him in FA after 10 games.
That is not within your right to do so and I told you that. CHIT has him on his minors list and is within the current rules to leave him there until he places him on the active roster. Just because you think that might be unfair, you can not just grab another manager's player. Remove Gyorko from your roster until all of us can vote on a rule change.