Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fantasy Question

Should I drop Kevin Smith and pick up Brian Westerbrook off Waivers? I have the following RB's; K. Smith, S. Slaton, Ronnie Brown, Rashard Mendenhall. I can only see dropping Smith out of these guys. What ya think?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Should I drop Kevin Smith and pick up Brian Westerbrook off Waivers? I have the following RB's; K. Smith, S. Slaton, Ronnie Brown, Rashard Mendenhall. I can only see dropping Smith out of these guys. What ya think?
I agree that Smith is probably the guy in that group to drop...Westbrook is supposedly cleared to play this weekend, can't hurt with his potential for big numbers to pick him up. The only problem is he cannot do good if he's not healthy.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

How many RBs can you start?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

might want to look at Mendy to drop, now that he is in the dog house again...
coltman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Johan Santana

Id drop Mendy but there probably is some other bench guy on your team you don't need that you can drop

Westbrook is worth the risk, but don't expect much since he could easily be injured tomorro

Collecting Stars and Hall of Famer Autograph Baseballs!
Johan Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

News is that Smith might be splitting carries with Morris, so I say pick up Westbrook. But then again, all your running backs, and almost every back out there, is splitting carries to some degree.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

if you need someone for one game i'd drop smith for jamaal charles...given LJ's suspension.
doubledribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Absolutely not. Brian Westbrook is an injury waiting to happen, and in an effort to keep him healthy, he's very likely going to be put in a time share with LeSean McCoy who the Eagles now know is effective.

The Kevin Smith losing time to Maurice Morris rumor was ridiculous when I read it the first time, and was affirmed as false by the Lions coaching staff this week. I know they are the Lions, but they aren't completely out of touch with reality. It's still Maurice Morris, he didn't all the sudden become an impact player, he performed okay against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Kevin Smith has been battling a multitude of minor injuries, but he has all the talent in the Lions backfield, and is one of the few remaining workhorse backs in the NFL.

Regarding your other options, Ronnie Brown isn't an option, simply too much upside with the Wildcat. Mendenhall was benched late in the Vikings game due to ball security issues, but Pittsburgh knows who their most talented running back is, and they will ride him the rest of the season as long as he starts taking better care of the ball. The Steelers have an offense that usually doesn't have trouble moving the ball, and Mendenhall does not come off the field when close to the goal line. Steve Slaton also has issues hanging onto the ball, and was benched in favor of Ryan Moats last week who ran for over 100 yards and 3 TD's. Slaton is still a big time playmaker, and a beast in points-per-reception leagues, however, he doesn't get the goal line carries, so unless he breaks a long one, he won't score very often. If anyone, drop Slaton for Westbrook, but personally, I wouldn't drop any of them for Westbrook.