Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default Another Fantasy FB Question

2 Part question:

1] I have Schaub as my QB. Alex Smith [who I picked up] is my backup. Should I start Schaub vs Indy, OR, give Smith a try against the awful Titans? Alot of the 'projections' have Smith scoring 20+, while Schaub scoring more like 14-15 vs the Colts.

2] I can start 2 RB, 2WR, and 1 RB/WR flex. I have MJDrew, and Chris Johnson who are givens to start at RB and Chad Ochocinco who I will definitely start at WR. My other WR options are Steve Smith [CAR], Breaston, Lee Evans or Hakeem Nicks.

My other options this week for the flex are Mendenhall, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, and of course, whomever I dont start at the #2 WR.

Which way do you think I should play this? So far, I am 7-1 through 8 weeks [7 wins in a row] and I would like to win this league since payout for 1st is around 1,100 bucks, but I am at a loss as to what to do this week.
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'd take my chances with Alex Smith. Schaub will be without Owen Daniels for the year...don't take that for granted. This means teams can gang up on Andre Johnson. Just my opinion...
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah I was thinking about that ... until I saw that games where O. Daniels has basically been a non-factor in, are games where A. Johnson has accumulated some massive totals in yards and TDs ... of course, that was not with Daniels OUT, just with him not really catching anything, which are 2 different things.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Yeah I was thinking about that ... until I saw that games where O. Daniels has basically been a non-factor in, are games where A. Johnson has accumulated some massive totals in yards and TDs ... of course, that was not with Daniels OUT, just with him not really catching anything, which are 2 different things.
Even if he had Daniels I still think Smith's upside is better against a poorer defense.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Number 1 Rule of Fantasy Football - NEVER bench your studs.

The Titans secondary is back at full strength (still not great, but better); the loss of Owen Daniels hurts, but Matt Schaub is in the top 5 in fantasy scoring, the Colts/Texans game is probably not going to be a defensive struggle, lol.

I like Breaston especially if Boldin doesn't play, but I'd go with Steve Smith. Jabari Greer is an emerging shut down corner, but can be beat deep.

I don't like Mendenhall to rack up a ton of yardage on Denver's front 7, the 3-4 defense is not easy to run on, but Pittsburgh should be able to move the ball through the air, and Mendenhall will get the goal line carries. I wouldn't be surprised if he punched one in from less than 5 yards out.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah, I always get nervous benching a star for no reason [ie, injury, bye]

So you think I should go with SSmith as WR2 and Mendenhall in the FLEX over a guy like RWilliams/Bush/Nicks/etc?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

ESPN likes Alex Smith:

What a tasty matchup. Smith has impressed in back-to-back weeks, particularly a 10-point fantasy day that actually exceeded expectations considering it came versus the stingy Colts pass D, and now Smith draws the miserable Titans, who have the league's worst pass defense, as his opponent. Don't get too creative here, but if you're in a pinch ...

Whereas for Schaub:

Houston is a team with a lot of questions right now, including the fate of their lead back, Steve Slaton. NFL teams need to be able to "do it all" to keep opposing teams honest, and we're not sure that they'll be able to do so against the Colts. That could mean Schaub's fantasy output is limited to fourth quarter catch-up garbage points.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Yeah, I always get nervous benching a star for no reason [ie, injury, bye]

So you think I should go with SSmith as WR2 and Mendenhall in the FLEX over a guy like RWilliams/Bush/Nicks/etc?
That's who I would go with, as there is little to no chance that either will lay an egg for you as they will both have numerous opportunities. Ricky Williams is typically a nice option, but he will only get his usual 10-12 carries, and New England has only allowed one rushing TD all season. Reggie Bush will only get a few if any carries with both Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas healthy, so you would have to hope that he breaks one of his 3-4 receptions for a long gainer or TD, that isn't too likely. Nicks is a decent option since it seems he's taken the #2 receiver job from Manningham, and the only guy I would really consider over Smith at WR2.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

That's what the guy I played in 2007 thought when he started Brady and Moss in that snowstorm against the Jets. And I kicked his undefeated ass and won the fantasy bowl.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post

That's what the guy I played in 2007 thought when he started Brady and Moss in that snowstorm against the Jets. And I kicked his undefeated ass and won the fantasy bowl.
Yes, and in 2008 I benched Deangelo Williams against the "tough" Giants defense in New York, where of course he scored 4 TD's and I got knocked out of the playoffs. 9 times out of 10, you dance with the one that brought you. Play your studs.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Any last second recommendations on who to start in the flex spot today:

Reggie Bush vs CAR
Rashard Mendenhall vs DEN
Hakeek Nicks vs SD
Steve Breaston vs CHI
Ricky Williams vs NE
Old 11-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mendenhall would be the best guy to go with. Parker is useless at this point.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote