Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks LA really appreciate it!!
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

Just want to give all fantasy participants an update:

Several individuals have PMed me asking if a certain card they have is an acceptable card for the prize pool.

Since values can fluctuate so often based on a variety of factors, I will only ask for you to show me your $25-value card sometime in mid-August. I will PM everybody about two weeks in advance and remind them to obtain a $25 card and ship it.

My reasoning is that I want all the cards submitted to have the most accurate current market value according to the time when we start our league. So, I'd hate to have someone submit a card that sells for $25 today to later discover that it sells for $100 in August.

Also, it won't force anybody to hold onto any cards until the beginning of August, which I think is pretty fair.

Sorry if that was confusing to anybody, but if you have any questions whatsoever, don't refrain from contacting me!
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
Just want to give all fantasy participants an update:

Several individuals have PMed me asking if a certain card they have is an acceptable card for the prize pool.

Since values can fluctuate so often based on a variety of factors, I will only ask for you to show me your $25-value card sometime in mid-August. I will PM everybody about two weeks in advance and remind them to obtain a $25 card and ship it.

My reasoning is that I want all the cards submitted to have the most accurate current market value according to the time when we start our league. So, I'd hate to have someone submit a card that sells for $25 today to later discover that it sells for $100 in August.

Also, it won't force anybody to hold onto any cards until the beginning of August, which I think is pretty fair.

Sorry if that was confusing to anybody, but if you have any questions whatsoever, don't refrain from contacting me!
What if a players market tanks towards the end of season and cards aren't as valuable as they were when we started? I get the logic behind your decision but i just don't think it matters if we submit them in july or august. Also i doubt anyones card will jump from $25 to $100 lol especially BEFORE the season starts. I just think waiting that long may get some members into trouble meeting deadline if they don't already have a $25 value card and procrastinate till last minute to try and get one. Im in regardless just bored and threw my 2 cents in
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
What if a players market tanks towards the end of season and cards aren't as valuable as they were when we started? I get the logic behind your decision but i just don't think it matters if we submit them in july or august. Also i doubt anyones card will jump from $25 to $100 lol especially BEFORE the season starts. I just think waiting that long may get some members into trouble meeting deadline if they don't already have a $25 value card and procrastinate till last minute to try and get one. Im in regardless just bored and threw my 2 cents in
Thanks for the post. Totally understandable, but here's another scenario:

I've started a PC of EJ Manuel. That being said, I have a lot of his Leaf Draft autos. Right now, many of his Leaf Draft autos are selling consistently for around $25 on eBay.

However, of course, once the season rolls around and new products are released, the Leaf cards will decrease in value as they always do. So I don't think it would be fair for me to submit a Leaf Draft EJ Manuel auto that will sell for $25 right now, but may sell $15 in August.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

This is through yahoo? Espn? I'd prefer yahoo I missed where it said in the thread..

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
This is through yahoo? Espn? I'd prefer yahoo I missed where it said in the thread..
Yes! We're doing it through Yahoo since I like their system best (used it for three years in a row), even though their "expert" projections are horrible
Old 04-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the post. Totally understandable, but here's another scenario:

I've started a PC of EJ Manuel. That being said, I have a lot of his Leaf Draft autos. Right now, many of his Leaf Draft autos are selling consistently for around $25 on eBay.

However, of course, once the season rolls around and new products are released, the Leaf cards will decrease in value as they always do. So I don't think it would be fair for me to submit a Leaf Draft EJ Manuel auto that will sell for $25 right now, but may sell $15 in August.
So how bout we keep it to NFL product only? No leaf, press pass, or whatever other college product is out there.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
So how bout we keep it to NFL product only? No leaf, press pass, or whatever other college product is out there.
That should probably be fine. But I guess you can see my point now haha. If I had that I would be giving up my EJ Manuel auto /10 auto one week ago, it would have been a $25-$30 valued card.

Looking at what it sells for now, I wouldn't have been as happy
Old 06-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #34 (permalink)

This still going down bump????
Old 06-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
This still going down bump????
Yes of course bump! I'd be more than willing to do the draft when we have a group agreement as to the time and date.

Don't want to make it too early because of potential injuries, but it definitely will be before Week 1. I might run another league as well if there is any more interest from the masses! Thanks!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

Looks like DanShakespeare's account is now inactive...anybody know why?

EDIT: AND it looks like "Flash" has been banned too

Both of those individuals were in this fantasy league. Dan is a legitimate guy, so I'll keep him in until I hear further details...but we need reserves!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Looks like DanShakespeare's account is now inactive...anybody know why?

EDIT: AND it looks like "Flash" has been banned too

Both of those individuals were in this fantasy league. Dan is a legitimate guy, so I'll keep him in until I hear further details...but we need reserves!
Well, Flash was just a reserve, so I think we just wait to hear from Dan.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
Well, Flash was just a reserve, so I think we just wait to hear from Dan.
True, but do you know what happened?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

I would like to join!
ConRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #40 (permalink)

Put me in the reserves
Old 06-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
True, but do you know what happened?
To Flash or Dan? Both are I have no idea.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
To Flash or Dan? Both are I have no idea.
Flash was a scammer, trying to find out about Dan ATM
Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

Thanks for all the help! iBleedBattleRed informed me that apparently DanShakespeare terminated his account for personal reasons. Wishing him the best as always Just to make everybody's life easier, I've decided to only involve Blowout members in this league. Besides, if I wanted to send out a mass PM or contact the entire fantasy league, I think it would be a lot more difficult to do if I couldn't PM Dan directly through Blowout. That being said (hopefully this is OK with everyone), bschiff has taken Dan's spot in the fantasy league. Like I said earlier, I think it would just be earlier for everyone if all members involved were also members of Blowout. I'd be willing to do the draft at ANY time you all want. If you'd all like to do trades (of draft picks), we can do that as well if you all have interest in that kind of thing.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #44 (permalink)

I'm down for a date closer to season start for the draft. Still got training camp and preseason would hate for someone from anybody's team to go down prior to the regular season starting. My only request would be that it's done on a Sunday because i work M-Sat the majority of the time (2nd shift 3pm-1:30am)
Old 06-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm down for a date closer to season start for the draft. Still got training camp and preseason would hate for someone from anybody's team to go down prior to the regular season starting. My only request would be that it's done on a Sunday because i work M-Sat the majority of the time (2nd shift 3pm-1:30am)
NO. I hate Sundays... Hahaha yes of course that would be fine. Already looking forward to this!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for all the help! iBleedBattleRed informed me that apparently DanShakespeare terminated his account for personal reasons. Wishing him the best as always Just to make everybody's life easier, I've decided to only involve Blowout members in this league. Besides, if I wanted to send out a mass PM or contact the entire fantasy league, I think it would be a lot more difficult to do if I couldn't PM Dan directly through Blowout. That being said (hopefully this is OK with everyone), bschiff has taken Dan's spot in the fantasy league. Like I said earlier, I think it would just be earlier for everyone if all members involved were also members of Blowout. I'd be willing to do the draft at ANY time you all want. If you'd all like to do trades (of draft picks), we can do that as well if you all have interest in that kind of thing.

Thanks!
Not sure why bschiff didn't fill in flash's spot's? But heres me on the 12th a day before you posted this saying I was good for my card. Haha terminate and deactivating my account is a tad bit different. 45 day was actually a 30 day. I guess it don't matter now.
Attached Thumbnails
*** EARLY Fantasy Football League! ***-image.jpg  

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #47 (permalink)

PMs have been sent out to ALL participants as to the status of the league. Let me know when you get them! Thanks! Can't wait!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #48 (permalink)

Ill take a back up
Old 06-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #49 (permalink)

Yeah, I'd like to be on the reserve list as well. I love fantasy football.
tfunkontheradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #50 (permalink)

I'll put both of you guys down. Thanks!

For those in the league, I've only had two people join the Yahoo league yet. If you haven't joined yet, please check your inbox and do the necessary steps! Thanks!