Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #576 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafshelland View Post
Guess I'm still slightly confused, so those of us who will fill their roster before the last round of the draft, we lose our slots in the latter rounds. Do the other treams just slide forward by a slot?

Right now, The Apocalypse is done by Round 13...Team Donovan is done by Round 14...and USAF Shelland is done by Round 15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Miracle View Post
Yeah, that sounds about right. But those teams that have traded away picks and have less than the original seventeen picks at the time of the draft should have to fill the rest of the roster on the waiver wire after the draft. Otherwise, where is the penalty for trading draft picks?
This sounds right. If a team trades away that pick then they cant have it in the draft. These teams should have to fill up from waivers to make up for the incomplete rooster after the draft is over like Michael said.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #577 (permalink)

Quote:
Why not just let them draft up??? I.e. move up slots until they have their 17 players? I guess the other option, the 3 teams that will be done before the end of the draft can keep picking slots and hosing other teams by taking away draft options... does that make sense what I'm saying?
That would work too, but we would have to put in a deadline to drop the extra bench players of those teams to the seventeen max like everyone else. Like rosters must be set at seventeen players max within 48 hours after the draft. That way, everybody will have enough time to play around with a full waiver wire before the season starts...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #578 (permalink)

Quote:
Why not just let them draft up??? I.e. move up slots until they have their 17 players? I guess the other option, the 3 teams that will be done before the end of the draft can keep picking slots and hosing other teams by taking away draft options... does that make sense what I'm saying?
Not sure I understand what you are saying here. The teams that are done before the end of the draft cant pick any other players after their roosters are full so how would the be hosing the other teams? (I have never done keeper before so maybe there is something I am missing?)
Old 10-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #579 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
Not sure I understand what you are saying here. The teams that are done before the end of the draft cant pick any other players after their roosters are full so how would the be hosing the other teams? (I have never done keeper before so maybe there is something I am missing?)
This is a system question...but from what I understand, the ESPN draft computer system does not allow those folks that traded picks to draft. The people involved in the trade will have to pick for them (i.e. I'll have to draft for Team Donovan in the 1st rd and then trade his selection to him after the draft). Therefore, all 12 teams will have to draft through 17 rounds. Even if I were to leave in round 15 (when I'm anticipated to have all my players), the system will still auto select for me in rounds 16-17 thus taking away two players from the FA list. So technically, I could still draft 19 players thus taking two away from the FA list for those that are still forming teams in the 16th & 17th rounds. Make sense?

By the way, from what I can see so far...the following teams will still need players beyond Round 17:
Show Me Your TD's (1 pick)
Sixburgh Steelers (1 pick)
Forming a Dynasty (7 picks)

I think an even better example is The Apocalypse. He finishes drafting in round 13 (should have all of his 17 players selected), but will still be able to hose other teams in rounds 14-17 because he has picks in those rounds (maybe "hose" isn't the right word). But he takes away players from being able to be selected in the draft only to end up putting them on the waiver wire because he has to drop players to take on his inbound players from trade selections by other teams for him.

Respect goes both ways...

Last edited by usafshelland; 10-23-2013 at 01:34 PM.
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #580 (permalink)

Quote:
This is a system question...but from what I understand, the ESPN draft computer system does not allow those folks that traded picks to draft. The people involved in the trade will have to pick for them (i.e. I'll have to draft for Team Donovan in the 1st rd and then trade his selection to him after the draft). Therefore, all 12 teams will have to draft through 17 rounds. Even if I were to leave in round 15 (when I'm anticipated to have all my players), the system will still auto select for me in rounds 16-17 thus taking away two players from the FA list. So technically, I could still draft 19 players thus taking two away from the FA list for those that are still forming teams in the 16th & 17th rounds. Make sense?

By the way, from what I can see so far...the following teams will still need players beyond Round 17:
Show Me Your TD's (1 pick)
Sixburgh Steelers (1 pick)
Forming a Dynasty (7 picks)

I think an even better example is The Apocalypse. He finishes drafting in round 13 (should have all of his 17 players selected), but will still be able to hose other teams in rounds 14-17 because he has picks in those rounds (maybe "hose" isn't the right word). But he takes away players from being able to be selected in the draft only to end up putting them on the waiver wire because he has to drop players to take on his inbound players from trade selections by other teams for him.
Okay I see what you are saying...Is there a way that the commish can customize the draft order each round? Yes, both my team (the apocalypse) and team donovan finish in rounds 13. Who knows if this will remain until the draft since more trading can be done but I do see what you are saying. What a headache this will be if it cant be customized
Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #581 (permalink)

Quote:
Okay I see what you are saying...Is there a way that the commish can customize the draft order each round? Yes, both my team (the apocalypse) and team donovan finish in rounds 13. Who knows if this will remain until the draft since more trading can be done but I do see what you are saying. What a headache this will be if it cant be customized
The draft pick tracker isn't updated, so you're the only one who finishes in Round 13. Team Donovan finishes in Round 14. I finish in Round 15. I don't think the system allows for customization of draft order in each round unfortnately, so yes. This is going to suck... as far as I know though, the comissioner can set rosters himself. So if something goes awry he'll be able to manually fix it.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #582 (permalink)

Looks like you can set Draft Order manually, but I don't think you can do it for each round...

"SET DRAFT ORDER
LM Tools >> Set Draft Order.
If your league uses the live online or autopick draft method and has the draft order setting as "Manually Set by League Manager," you can access the Set Draft Order page anytime until your league's draft is scheduled to begin. On the page you can manually assign a draft position for each team in the league. If no draft order is set, the draft order is randomly determined when your league's draft begins. For offline drafts, the system does not observe a draft order."

Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #583 (permalink)

We could always do a offline draft too, kind of like a group break on blowout...
Old 10-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #584 (permalink)

Quote:
We could always do a offline draft too, kind of like a group break on blowout...
I like this possibility but how would it work?
Old 10-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #585 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
I like this possibility but how would it work?
True, but tons of work for the commissioner....thinking about it, but having to update draft board, player availabilty lists, and then publish to the masses... ick. Sounds like the draft would be slower than slow.

Question:
What picks do you lose to keep two 5th round selections??? 5th for the 1st one, 6 & 7th rds for the 2nd one? (Assume no second 5th rd pick)

Last edited by usafshelland; 10-23-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #586 (permalink)

Trade Proposal:

2014 4th Rd Pick
2014 5th Rd Pick

Looking for a 2014 3rd Rd Pick

Any takers?

Old 10-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #587 (permalink)

Quote:
True, but tons of work for the commissioner....thinking about it, but having to update draft board, player availabilty lists, and then publish to the masses... ick. Sounds like the draft would be slower than slow.

Question:
What picks do you lose to keep two 5th round selections??? 5th for the 1st one, 6 & 7th rds for the 2nd one? (Assume no second 5th rd pick)
Both options will be a headache, I think it may be a little longer offline but much more organized. If one person screws up and picks without realizing its not their pick then it messes the whole thing up. Offline may keep it organized better to prevent this? And I believe you are correct in your question. 2 next available picks to make up for the double.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #588 (permalink)

Quote:
Both options will be a headache, I think it may be a little longer offline but much more organized. If one person screws up and picks without realizing its not their pick then it messes the whole thing up. Offline may keep it organized better to prevent this? And I believe you are correct in your question. 2 next available picks to make up for the double.
Agreed on both. An offline draft could take a couple of days, but it will make sure that everybody gets their picks at the right time. Yes, it would be a lot of work for the commish, but this is probably our best option.

And two fifth round keepers should be a fifth, sixth, and seventh round pick sacrificed by said owner...
Old 10-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #589 (permalink)

Looks like NFL.com has the ability for a custom draft board. To include keeper transitions, trading draft picks, etc. Looks like we might need to change platforms.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #590 (permalink)

ESPN will allow me to trade picks and have everyone set up before the draft in there current spots that not the problem...

As for things discussed before... if you are done drafting by round 13 then your done and u have ur 17 players...

If u have traded away players, u will pick at the end of the draft... if u guys want we can just make it waviers but thats basically the same thing as picking at the end of the draft

First to clear something up

I will try to make this as clear as possible

Champion picks 12th
Runner up picks 11th
Winner of the 3rd place game picks 9th (Reward for winning)
4th place picks 10th
Winner of 5th place game picks 7th
6th place picks 8

As for the losers bracket.. (Which will prob b me )

The winner of the loser's bracket picks 1st

and then so on...

So if in the loser's bracket u win the 3rd place game u pick 3rd overall

This method will prevent tanking!!

Also... ive been thinking a lot about draft order...

Originally i thought snake was the best option... now that i think about it and have done a ton of research a regular draft might be best...

for example if the winner of the loser's bracket wants to keep say adrian peterson for example...

then their first pick isnt until 24...

picking 1 and 24 isnt much better than 12 and 13

especially if u are keeping a 1st round pick...

Its definitley something we should think about

As for the arguement for snake, we are only keeping 3 players and therefore it isnt that big of a deal...

We should decide on snake vs regular very soon before the playoffs get closer...

For example, on this other website i use where there are keeper leagues... they keep 3 players regardless of where picked or anything..

and then there is a regular draft.. not snake...

i kind of think thats better

here are there rules

FantasyBowl - Rules & Scoring

LMK
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #591 (permalink)

Yes NFL is actually so easy... my league with my friends i use for nfl and it is extremely easy... the whole draft board can b changed... thats y i recommended it in the beginning

i dont think thats the issue now we can easily figure that out latta
Quote:
Looks like NFL.com has the ability for a custom draft board. To include keeper transitions, trading draft picks, etc. Looks like we might need to change platforms.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #592 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
Yes NFL is actually so easy... my league with my friends i use for nfl and it is extremely easy... the whole draft board can b changed... thats y i recommended it in the beginning

i dont think thats the issue now we can easily figure that out latta
I just think its a little to late to try to change this. There's going to be obvious bias between those trying for this year and those trading away. Myself included
Jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #593 (permalink)

Also I have asked jb but wanted to make sure it is majority opinion.

To keep two undrafted players do you
Lose 9 and 10
Lose 10 11 12
Or can it be either or?

Thanks guys
Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #594 (permalink)

Justin B-

Can you clarify what you are asking us to consider? Not to sure I see a difference in what you are talking about.

Justin W-

If it had do be between those two choices I would vote 9&10
Old 10-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #595 (permalink)

Snake draft vs regular draft
Old 10-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #596 (permalink)

Quote:
Justin B-

Can you clarify what you are asking us to consider? Not to sure I see a difference in what you are talking about.

Justin W-

If it had do be between those two choices I would vote 9&10

Got ya i have 9 and 10 so I was making sure it was plausible with everyone. Anyone objected to it? Involves a potential trade
Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #597 (permalink)

I still agree with snake even though it's impossible at this point not to be biased. My reasoning is that as I stated earlier the retention is only 21% and the teams are going to look nothing like they did the previous year. If it was a dynasty league or at least half retention I would be all for a regular draft the whole way through
Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #598 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
I still agree with snake even though it's impossible at this point not to be biased. My reasoning is that as I stated earlier the retention is only 21% and the teams are going to look nothing like they did the previous year. If it was a dynasty league or at least half retention I would be all for a regular draft the whole way through
Plus it's kind of late to just change it but nonetheless lol
Old 10-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #599 (permalink)

Once again, I say snake drafting. It's the most evenly fair way. A regular draft would give both the bad teams and those who have given up on this season looking towards next year. We shouldn't reward those teams at the expense of those who make the "real" playoffs...
Old 10-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #600 (permalink)

how r we going to do keepers going forward????

i feel like we should just make it after this year keep it 3 guys regardless... because a guy like maybe a mid receiver like pierre garcon might go top 3 rounds..