Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 2,226
Question How Did We Do?? Fantasy Draft

How did we do?? Me and my brother split a team in a $250 --12 team league. It was a snake draft and we had 8th pick. We were real happy to get Calvin at 8. Its a PPR League. Our Rbs are terrible but I think our WRs make up for them. This was my first 12 team league draft and it was much harder than I expected!


QB-Matt Schaub
RB-Ryan Mathews
RB-Ronnie Hillman
WR-Calvin Johnson
WR-DeSean Jackson
FLEX-Demaryius Thomas
FLEX-Randall Cobb
TE-Jermichael Finley
K-Matt Bryant
DEF/ST-Dallas Cowboys

RESERVES
Andy Dalton
Felix Jones
Mikel Leshoure
Vick Ballard
Bryce Brown
Jason Avant
Donnie Avery
Brian Hartline
Kendall Wright
Jacob Tamme
__________________
Yes girls do collect cards!!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Bruvydsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,615
Default

I think you guys are in trouble
__________________
http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/bruvydsb/
Bruvydsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,298
Default

Sorry man but I don't like your QB's, your RB's, your TE, your K, or your Defense. Otherwise it's great (for trash day as you can put it out there then)
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
mmkyszka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,623
Default

__________________
I collect Bears and BRANDON MARSHALL
Bucket: http://s1215.photobucket.com/home/mmkyszka/index
mmkyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,610
Default

Looks a little rough imo, but you asked. Who was your second rounder? There should've been a better RB available or a top 5 QB.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,821
Default

You need to trade Calvin IMMEDIATELY for some RB help, that is beyond bad and thus gives you quite literally, zero percent chance at winning that league
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,308
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pull scrubs View Post
Looks a little rough imo, but you asked. Who was your second rounder? There should've been a better RB available or a top 5 QB.
Wondered the same thing.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: wyoming
Posts: 933
Default

Id put ballard in hillmans spot than I would go grab dwyer on the free agency , he should be there
__________________
<a href="http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/johnny00779/?action=view&amp;current=scan0004.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/johnny00779/scan0004.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
The boogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 2,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
You need to trade Calvin IMMEDIATELY for some RB help, that is beyond bad and thus gives you quite literally, zero percent chance at winning that league
Ya we weren't big on QBs, just didn't see the value there real early. We got Thomas with are second pick. Had the choice between demarco Murray and Randall Cobb in the 3rd and went with Cobb.
__________________
Yes girls do collect cards!!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 2,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boogeyman View Post
Id put ballard in hillmans spot than I would go grab dwyer on the free agency , he should be there

Ya we have a few crappy options at running back lol. We like Bryce brown more than Hillman and Ballard probably. We will see
__________________
Yes girls do collect cards!!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
jbmets95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 7,122
Default

Thats wat happens when u start ur team wr wr wr
__________________
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/jbmets95/
Iman Shumpert PC --> METS Prospects --> ZWheeler, KPlawecki, DHerrera,
Football --> Ladarius Green, Christine Michael, Lamar Miller, Montee Ball, Levine Toililo, Isaiah Crowell
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
YanksBillsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,755
Default

Yikes Thomas in 2nd rd.
__________________
Collecting:
Brett Gardner, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, Kiko Alonso
YanksBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Bruvydsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
Ya we weren't big on QBs, just didn't see the value there real early. We got Thomas with are second pick. Had the choice between demarco Murray and Randall Cobb in the 3rd and went with Cobb.
I don't draft QB's early either, but in a 12 team league that starts 1 QB you should not have the 15th ranked QB.
__________________
http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/bruvydsb/
Bruvydsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 2,226
Default

3.12 bluedogs Jackson, V. WR (TAM)
3.11 Spiller Dirty Secr McFadden, D. RB (OAK)
3.10 Festivus Miracles Wayne, R. WR (IND)
3.9 Yeezus Saves Murray, D. RB (DAL)
3.8 Jnb0123 Cobb, R. WR (GNB)
3.7 Cat Sharks Gore, F. RB (SFO)
3.6 Dr. Glorious Jones-Drew, M. RB (JAC)
3.5 Swamp Dogs White, R. WR (ATL)
3.4 Dixie Chickens Rodgers, A. QB (GNB)
3.3 kill them all (4) Johnson, A. WR (HOU)
3.2 Meat Helicopter Sproles, D. RB (NOR)
3.1 easy money Ridley, S. RB (NWE)
Round 2
2.12 easy money Fitzgerald, L. WR (ARI)
2.11 Meat Helicopter Johnson, C. RB (TEN)
2.10 kill them all (4) Jones, J. WR (ATL)
2.9 Dixie Chickens Bush, R. RB (DET)
2.8 Swamp Dogs Wilson, D. RB (NYG)
2.7 Dr. Glorious Gronkowski, R. TE (NWE)
2.6 Cat Sharks Jackson, S. RB (ATL)
2.5 Jnb0123 Thomas, D. WR (DEN)
2.4 Yeezus Saves Marshall, B. WR (CHI)
2.3 Festivus Miracles Morris, A. RB (WAS)
2.2 Spiller Dirty Secr Bryant, D. WR (DAL)
2.1 bluedogs Green, A. WR (CIN)
Round 1
1.12 bluedogs Lynch, M. RB (SEA)
1.11 Spiller Dirty Secr Forte, M. RB (CHI)
1.10 Festivus Miracles Rice, R. RB (BAL)
1.9 Yeezus Saves Richardson, T. RB (CLE)
1.8 Jnb0123 Johnson, C. WR (DET)
1.7 Cat Sharks Graham, J. TE (NOR)
1.6 Dr. Glorious Charles, J. RB (KAN)
1.5 Swamp Dogs Foster, A. RB (HOU)
1.4 Dixie Chickens Spiller, C. RB (BUF)
1.3 kill them all (4) McCoy, L. RB (PHI)
1.2 Meat Helicopter Martin, D. RB (TAM)
1.1 easy money Peterson, A. RB (MIN)


This is how the first 3 rounds went. We flipped a coin between Thomas and Julio Jones. May come back to bite us on that one. We didn't see any stud RBs there that we wanted. We were hoping in a PPR league that either Sproles or Bush would fall to us in the 3rd and it just didn't happen.
__________________
Yes girls do collect cards!!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 2,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
I don't draft QB's early either, but in a 12 team league that starts 1 QB you should not have the 15th ranked QB.
Honestly we had our eye on Romo and Stafford in the 9th Round, and two guys took them as backups right before us. That was a mistake for us, we didn't think they would go that early to guys who already had sure fire starters at QB.
__________________
Yes girls do collect cards!!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
jumbogorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,656
Default

yikes. so many eagles.
__________________
If you were unwilling to offer me a discount on your card, please don't PM me with your lowball offers on mine. Go Bills.
Football PC: Kelvin Benjamin, Luke Kuechly
Baseball PC: Ross Stripling/Nolan Arenado/Ryu Hyun Jin
jumbogorilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 12,992
Default

Someone took Gronk in the second round?
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,536
Default

terrible IMO. never go WR,WR,WR.
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 2,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
terrible IMO. never go WR,WR,WR.
Came down to value, and we felt that starting Cobb in our flex would give us better value that Murray or Mcfadden at RB. We shall see
__________________
Yes girls do collect cards!!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
hohlernr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 1,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
3.12 bluedogs Jackson, V. WR (TAM)
3.11 Spiller Dirty Secr McFadden, D. RB (OAK)
3.10 Festivus Miracles Wayne, R. WR (IND)
3.9 Yeezus Saves Murray, D. RB (DAL)
3.8 Jnb0123 Cobb, R. WR (GNB)
3.7 Cat Sharks Gore, F. RB (SFO)
3.6 Dr. Glorious Jones-Drew, M. RB (JAC)
3.5 Swamp Dogs White, R. WR (ATL)
3.4 Dixie Chickens Rodgers, A. QB (GNB)
3.3 kill them all (4) Johnson, A. WR (HOU)
3.2 Meat Helicopter Sproles, D. RB (NOR)
3.1 easy money Ridley, S. RB (NWE)
Round 2
2.12 easy money Fitzgerald, L. WR (ARI)
2.11 Meat Helicopter Johnson, C. RB (TEN)
2.10 kill them all (4) Jones, J. WR (ATL)
2.9 Dixie Chickens Bush, R. RB (DET)
2.8 Swamp Dogs Wilson, D. RB (NYG)
2.7 Dr. Glorious Gronkowski, R. TE (NWE)
2.6 Cat Sharks Jackson, S. RB (ATL)
2.5 Jnb0123 Thomas, D. WR (DEN)
2.4 Yeezus Saves Marshall, B. WR (CHI)
2.3 Festivus Miracles Morris, A. RB (WAS)
2.2 Spiller Dirty Secr Bryant, D. WR (DAL)
2.1 bluedogs Green, A. WR (CIN)
Round 1
1.12 bluedogs Lynch, M. RB (SEA)
1.11 Spiller Dirty Secr Forte, M. RB (CHI)
1.10 Festivus Miracles Rice, R. RB (BAL)
1.9 Yeezus Saves Richardson, T. RB (CLE)
1.8 Jnb0123 Johnson, C. WR (DET)
1.7 Cat Sharks Graham, J. TE (NOR)
1.6 Dr. Glorious Charles, J. RB (KAN)
1.5 Swamp Dogs Foster, A. RB (HOU)
1.4 Dixie Chickens Spiller, C. RB (BUF)
1.3 kill them all (4) McCoy, L. RB (PHI)
1.2 Meat Helicopter Martin, D. RB (TAM)
1.1 easy money Peterson, A. RB (MIN)


This is how the first 3 rounds went. We flipped a coin between Thomas and Julio Jones. May come back to bite us on that one. We didn't see any stud RBs there that we wanted. We were hoping in a PPR league that either Sproles or Bush would fall to us in the 3rd and it just didn't happen.
Your team is going to be in HUGE trouble. IMO you should've drafted:
1. Richardson or Rice
2. Bush
3. Cobb

That would've resulted in a much better team. The mistake you make is what a lot of novice fantasy owners make when choosing between a RB2 vs WR1. It's tempting to pick the bigger name at WR, but you have to understand how deep the posititon is with talent and how once you get past RB2/3 the talent takes a huge drop.

You live and you learn. Good luck with your team, maybe you'll be lucky with injuries and have a good year!
hohlernr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Kobe24>MJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
Haha I would have looked at this thread sooner if somebody told me Grande was in it
__________________
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 3,308
Default

If you get another RB then I like your team. Hillman I'm unsure if hell play. For a ppr league Calvin is a top 5 player. I also LOVE Cobb in ppr he should have 100+ catches this year
__________________
Junior at DePaul University!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
DetectiveChrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,573
Default

You are in trouble. Trustworthy RB's are slim this year and you will be scouring or trading for them early in the season.

I definitely would have taken Lynch at 8th. Then CJ or Ridley in the 2nd round.

Lynch is 12+ TD's per year.

Cobb in the 3rd round is a nice pick.
__________________
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g398/smarra/

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
hohlernr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 1,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
You are in trouble. Trustworthy RB's are slim this year and you will be scouring or trading for them early in the season.

I definitely would have taken Lynch at 8th. Then CJ or Ridley in the 2nd round.

Lynch is 12+ TD's per year.

Cobb in the 3rd round is a nice pick.
It's a PPR league which drops Lynch's value dramatically.
hohlernr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
bbplaya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: boston, MA
Posts: 3,007
Default

How did lynch go 12, alfred not a first round pick, and manning still thetr in round 4
__________________
http://bbplaya.webs.com
Carolina Panthers
Boston Celtics
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.