Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Last pick strategy/route

Im more of a bball guy but do follow football when its in season and always play fantasy every year but dont go crazy with research and keeping up with transactions, signings, trades in the off season so my question is this...If I go last pick in a 12 man league, obviously the cream of the crop RBs are gone and I dont want my first two picks to be RBs with issues so instead I thought about going with Brees and Rodgers (considering both are still avail) and using one of them as trade bait for a stud RB asap. Theres always teams who end with "diamond in the rough" or late round "gems"...Is this a crazy strategy? Would it work?
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

May be tough to trade one for a stud RB without having to give up more....Why dont you go for Matt forte Chris Johnson or Reggie bush paired with Julio/dez or marshall? And you never know, a-rodg may be gone in the first round. You should be able to land a RB1 at 12.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
May be tough to trade one for a stud RB without having to give up more....Why dont you go for Matt forte Chris Johnson or Reggie bush paired with Julio/dez or marshall? And you never know, a-rodg may be gone in the first round. You should be able to land a RB1 at 12.
Yea but CJ kinda inconsistent now Shonn Greene is there and from What I heard he'll be handling short yards (of course goal line) so even less TD opportunities for CJ now. Bush in a new team and I never gamble on those since you dont know how they will fare in a new system...whatever they accomplished prev season from a prev team goes out the window IMO. Plus, Detroit is a pass first team. Forte is also inconsistent I believe and past his prime??? MJD too has issues...injuries, disgruntled, not the same etc..

Maybe I should go stud QB then stud WR
Old 08-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldstar6 View Post
Yea but CJ kinda inconsistent now Shonn Greene is there and from What I heard he'll be handling short yards (of course goal line) so even less TD opportunities for CJ now. Bush in a new team and I never gamble on those since you dont know how they will fare in a new system...whatever they accomplished prev season from a prev team goes out the window IMO. Plus, Detroit is a pass first team. Forte is also inconsistent I believe and past his prime??? MJD too has issues...injuries, disgruntled, not the same etc..

Maybe I should go stud QB then stud WR
Have you been watching the preseason? Did you see how reggie fits into the new system? Or how Forte looks?

CJ's 0-line has been drastically improved....even with a horrendous o-line and jamie harper vulturing TDs from him he still put up a solid season of well over 1000 yards. You are taking a huge risk by not going RB with either of your first two picks.

Last edited by stripedbass91; 08-27-2013 at 04:54 PM.
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
Have you been watching the preseason? Did you see how reggie fits into the new system? Or how Forte looks?

CJ's 0-line is been drastically improved....even with a horrendous o-line and jamie harper vulturing TDs from he still put up a solid season of well over 1000 yards. You are taking a huge risk by not going RB with either of your first two picks.
Hmmm points considered...thanks!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

with the last pick i would go RB RB RB WR WR WR RB WR TE QB
you may not get that so called stud RB but you can fill your squad with 2 solid Backs to start with