Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2014 Blowout ESPN Dynasty Fantasy Baseball League

current members that are in (10) : walker, chittychitty, fungi500, trouts, sethmurphy, lindros810, slugger8285, wctyson, yanksbillsfan, jedi500

New members - bars and bar, jbmets95

Anybody else that reads this, we will probably end up with a few openings. If you would be interested, send me a PM. This thread is not a call for new players. Thanks

2014 Discussion - here are some things that we need to discuss/change

1. How many teams do we want this year?? currently 9. get to 12, try to get to 14 or 16?

2. Any new teams that join, do they take over a team? do we re-draft? do we hold 6 and then new teams do a draft with all the players thrown back in until the get to 6.

3. Increase keeper total going forward(my other dynasty league holds 30 of a 39 roster size) Not saying it should be that crazy, but a true dynasty is that way. I think depends on how #1 & #2 are answered

4. No more minors BS, call ups, ect. Increase roster size to 30?? That gives you 16 starters and 14 bench spots. Draft whoever you want. You want 14 single A guys, you got it. While i'm sure there are some, I am not aware of dynasty league that have actually Minor League spots. They give you a roster and you can do what you want with it.

5. I would not change scoring system, I think that is fine. If enough people wanted to change it, i think we would need to re-draft. since this is a points league, a couple little changes can dramatically increase/decrease a players value.

6. Divisions/Payouts will depend on number of teams so that can be decided

Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 5 Home Runs (HR) 3
Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 2
Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1
Game Winning RBI (GWRBI) 3 Hitting for the Cycle (CYC) 5
Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3 Earned Runs (ER) -1
Wins (W) 3 Losses (L) -3
Saves (SV) 5 Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1 Walks Issued (BB) -1
Holds (HD) 3 Complete Games (CG) 3
No Hitters (NH) 5 Perfect Games (PG) 5

Last edited by lindros810; 02-27-2014 at 09:28 AM.
lindros810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

I think 10 or 12 teams is the best, let's not get crazy

I don't want to give up my keepers I have been working on that team for two years, my vote is to have them either take over a roster or have them draft from the abandoned teams in a six round draft, then the rest of the players enter the draft pool

I agree, more keepers, I think last year we were 25 player rosters, to answer the next questions. 30 players is a great number, keep 15 sounds good, I don't want to keep too many, I like the element of having to pick and choose

YES NO MINORS, pick who you want, if you want just enough major leaguers to fill an active roster, go for it, and have a full bench of Buxton, Correa, Baez and so on

Scoring is just fine

Payouts are ok, I think we should remove the weekly payouts though, have a regular season champ payout or division champs payout, and winner/runner up

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the invite back gents.

I firmly think we need to stay at 12 teams. Anything less is boring with stacked teams. Expanding runs into problems with figuring out ways for new teams to obtain players. Have new guys take over existing teams.

I'm fine with expanding keepers to reflect more of a dynasty league.

Agree about the minors stuff. Just expand rosters and minors count towards roster count.

Scoring is fine, but I've recently gotten into non H2H scoring which was a lot more enjoyable. Most points for the year wins. No more having to worry about running into a bad week in playoffs.

More restriction on pitcher streaming. I've seen far too much of it.

That's all I can think of for now.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros810 View Post
current members that are in (9) : walker, chittychitty, fungi500, trouts, sethmurphy, lindros810, slugger8285, wctyson, yanksbillsfan

no response yet : yanksbillsfan

Anybody else that reads this, we will probably end up with a few openings. If you would be interested, send me a PM. This thread is not a call for new players. Thanks

2014 Discussion - here are some things that we need to discuss/change

1. How many teams do we want this year?? currently 9. get to 12, try to get to 14 or 16?

2. Any new teams that join, do they take over a team? do we re-draft? do we hold 6 and then new teams do a draft with all the players thrown back in until the get to 6.

3. Increase keeper total going forward(my other dynasty league holds 30 of a 39 roster size) Not saying it should be that crazy, but a true dynasty is that way. I think depends on how #1 & #2 are answered

4. No more minors BS, call ups, ect. Increase roster size to 30?? That gives you 16 starters and 14 bench spots. Draft whoever you want. You want 14 single A guys, you got it. While i'm sure there are some, I am not aware of dynasty league that have actually Minor League spots. They give you a roster and you can do what you want with it.

5. I would not change scoring system, I think that is fine. If enough people wanted to change it, i think we would need to re-draft. since this is a points league, a couple little changes can dramatically increase/decrease a players value.

6. Divisions/Payouts will depend on number of teams so that can be decided later.

had some other stuff, but forgetting at the moment. ill be back on tonight for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksBillsFan View Post
Thanks for the invite back gents.

I firmly think we need to stay at 12 teams. Anything less is boring with stacked teams. Expanding runs into problems with figuring out ways for new teams to obtain players. Have new guys take over existing teams.

I'm fine with expanding keepers to reflect more of a dynasty league.

Agree about the minors stuff. Just expand rosters and minors count towards roster count.

Scoring is fine, but I've recently gotten into non H2H scoring which was a lot more enjoyable. Most points for the year wins. No more having to worry about running into a bad week in playoffs.

More restriction on pitcher streaming. I've seen far too much of it.

That's all I can think of for now.
1. At least 12, but would still play if not up to the 16 of previous seasons

2. Returning players pick their keepers, then new players draft 6 rounds for their's

3. We could certainly increase keepers but start with just 6 until the new players draft and then increase it going into the following season, otherwise we could not get new managers to play.

4. No problem increasing the roster size and not having dedicated spots for minors.

5. Post the scoring system. It may need to be revised a little. I do not see that being much of an issue as that is a deciding factor with just 6 keepers and then draft after that. I do agree though, no scoring changes during or after the draft.

6. Not sure I care much about the weekly winning payouts but teams that win a division and/or make the playoffs should be rewarded. I also would consider a non-H2H format with the top teams getting final payouts, which with just 12 teams is a solid chance.
WCTYSON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would have no problem moving it to just a straight points league w/ no h2h. personally I'm not a big fan of h2h, but thats not a big deal to me. we have 10 guys coming back. we should try and get everything finalized this week/weekend. wtyson, I believe, told me he has somebody. So we would be looking for 1 more if we want to cap it at 12 members.

the 10 members we have coming back are listed at the top of the original thread. anything you want to see changed, please post so we can vote on it this weekend.

question would be if we keep 6, do we keep all of our minor players, or should be just say keep any 6 you want, and everybody else gets throw back.

my proposals would be:

-Expand rosters to 30 players, 3 DL spots

-Keep 6 this year, then expand keepers to 15-18 going forward
Old 02-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would like to join.

I don't care about what format the league takes.

- Bars 2x
I collect Andre Johnson.
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bars and Bar View Post
I would like to join.

I don't care about what format the league takes.

- Bars 2x
Welcome aboard. We will just get the go ahead with the new league commissioner and then you will be good to go. As soon as you and another member are approved we will get everyone's keepers out of the way, discuss format, discuss payouts, discuss points set up and set up drafting. Not in that order but just some of what we all are talking through.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Im in 100%....

Very excited!
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
Im in 100%....

Very excited!
Looks like we have our 12 locked in. Welcome aboard and it should be a fun season. Stay turned for more details. Things should move quickly now that we know who is playing and how many teams we are playing with.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Looks like you got your 12....I'll be 13 and cross my fingers that you can get a 14th so that I can join.

let me know....Thanks!
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

12 teams will be perfect

Any new managers should take over a team and then we draft from the players remaining.

I think what the others were saying with having a roster size of 30 with up to 15 keepers sounds good to me.

Agreed, the whole minors system was fun, but quite confusing. I am in favor of having a team of 30 players and you can take whoever you want, major leaguers or minors.

the scoring should stay the same, should we decrease the # weekly transactions to decrease pitcher streamlining?

6. Divisions/Payouts will depend on number of teams so that can be decided later.

the weekly payouts were a nice way to keep people interested, but it seemed like the same people who it every time. Maybe we should change it to most points scored week 1, most doubles week 2, most HR week 3, most pitching Ks week 4, etc. Something like that
trouts2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post

Any new managers should take over a team and then we draft from the players remaining.

the scoring should stay the same, should we decrease the # weekly transactions to decrease pitcher streamlining?

the weekly payouts were a nice way to keep people interested, but it seemed like the same people who it every time. Maybe we should change it to most points scored week 1, most doubles week 2, most HR week 3, most pitching Ks week 4, etc. Something like that
I do not like that idea for new managers because that gives them less control of building their own teams. Existing managers should pick their six keepers, then the rest are fair game for the new managers for their first six picks. If we keep our six and then enter the draft before the new managers get their six, that places them at a large disadvantage.

I think the scoring for the position players is fine but not sure I like the pitchers scoring format. Points for an inning pitched and a few of the others I would like to talk about. Lindros, can you post the current scoring format in the OP when you get a chance?

I too like the weekly payout but only if we get the steaming under control and the point system with pitching. Without H2H, would there not be any divisions? Would it just be the top three scores from the season total that gets a final payout? If so, I like that. Considering with 12 teams that is 25% on the league getting a final prize.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

Welcome bars and jbmets!!

That gets us 12. We will plan on keeping it there, unless something changes

Previous years scoring has been posted in the original post. I'll try to get back on tonight for a bit

Anybody remember what the entry fee was????

Last edited by lindros810; 02-27-2014 at 09:27 AM.
lindros810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

if we want to go to 14, I have a friend of mine signing up on the forum so he can join, if not it's all good, just let me know

entry was $50 I think

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
Old 02-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

I think 14 is a good idea
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

What do the abandoned teams rosters look like? Maybe we could let the new in-bounds decide if they would like to take on those rosters. If not, then they can do what Tyson suggested with the 6 round draft for them.

I like the idea of the gradual increase in keepers. It'll give us a season to plan for the 15 keeper expansion.

For the non-H2H point format, payout to top 3 would be great. I still have to look at scoring set-up, but feel for what I remember last season, the pitchers need a slight tweak.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros810 View Post

Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 5 Home Runs (HR) 3
Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 2
Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1
Game Winning RBI (GWRBI) 3 Hitting for the Cycle (CYC) 5

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3 Earned Runs (ER) -1
Wins (W) 3 Losses (L) -3
Saves (SV) 5 Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1 Walks Issued (BB) -1
Holds (HD) 3 Complete Games (CG) 3
No Hitters (NH) 5 Perfect Games (PG) 5
I do not like 3 for an IP and only 3 for a Win, that makes zero sense. Maybe only 1 for an inning and 7 for a win. And a PG should count more than a NH, unless it already does by getting points for the NH and the points for the PG on top of that.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

i'd like to join if possible. I can take over a team or redraft.
The_Vinman_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Roster #1 abandoned teams

Salvador Perez, KC C Free Agency
1B
2B Jason Kipnis, Cle 2B Trade
3B Chris Johnson, Atl 3B, 1B Free Agency
SS
OF Yoenis Cespedes, Oak OF, DH Draft
OF Alex Rios, Tex OF Draft
OF Coco Crisp, Oak OF, DH Free Agency
UTIL Carlos Gomez, Mil OF Draft
P Rafael Soriano, Wsh RP Draft
P Koji Uehara, Bos RP Draft
P Brian Flynn, Mia SP Free Agency
SP Juan Nicasio, Col SP Free Agency
SP Cole De Vries, Min SP Free Agency
RP Brad Ziegler, Ari RP Free Agency
RP Fernando Rodney, FA RP Free Agency
Bench Roy Halladay, FA SP Draft
Bench Justin Verlander, Det SP Draft
Bench Chris Perez, LAD RP Draft
Bench Travis Wood, ChC SP Draft
Bench Paul Maholm, FA SP Draft
Bench Lance Lynn, StL SP Draft
Bench Noah Syndergaard, NYM SP Draft
Bench Addison Russell, Oak SS Free Agency
Bench Matt Barnes, Bos SP Free Agency
Bench Jered Weaver, LAA SP Trade
DLJoe Mauer, Min C, 1B, DH Trade

Roster #2
C Yadier Molina, StL C Draft
1B Brandon Belt, SF 1B Draft
2B Jose Altuve, Hou 2B Draft
3B Chase Headley, SD 3B Draft
SS Jed Lowrie, Oak SS, 2B, DH Draft
OF Alejandro De Aza, CWS OF Draft
OF Alfonso Soriano, NYY OF, DH Draft
OF Domonic Brown, Phi OF Draft
UTIL Yonder Alonso, SD 1B Draft
P Kyle Kendrick, Phi SP, RP Draft
P Ervin Santana, FA SP Draft
P Kevin Correia, Min SP Draft
SP Justin Masterson, Cle SP Draft
SP Mike Minor, Atl SP Draft
RP Aroldis Chapman, Cin SP, RP Draft
RP Tommy Hunter, Bal SP, RP Draft
Bench James Loney, TB 1B Draft
Bench Derek Holland, Tex SP Draft
Bench Mike Leake, Cin SP Draft
Bench Joe Saunders, FA SP Draft
Bench Phil Hughes, Min SP Draft
Bench Francisco Lindor, Cle SS Draft
Bench Anthony Gose, Tor OF Draft
Bench Josh Vitters, ChC 3B Free Agency
Bench
DL Curtis Granderson, NYM OF, DH Draft
DL Brandon Morrow, Tor SP Draft
Old 02-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

roster #3

7290MORINT . (2-20)
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS ACQ
C Buster Posey, SF C, 1B Free Agency
1B Eric Hosmer, KC 1B Draft
2B Jurickson Profar, Tex 2B, 3B, SS, DH Draft
3B Pablo Sandoval, SF 3B Free Agency
SS Starlin Castro, ChC SS Draft
OF Denard Span, Wsh OF Draft
OF Jayson Werth, Wsh OF Draft
OF Bryce Harper, Wsh OF Free Agency
UTIL Wil Myers, TB OF, DH Draft
P John Danks, CWS SP Draft
P Jeremy Guthrie, KC SP Draft
P Zack Greinke, LAD SP Free Agency
SP Brandon McCarthy, Ari SP Draft
SP
RP Wade Davis, KC RP, SP Draft
RP Francisco Rodriguez, FA RP Draft
Bench Desmond Jennings, TB OF Draft
Bench Paul Konerko, CWS 1B, DH Draft
Bench Aaron Hicks, Min OF Draft
Bench Javier Baez, ChC SS Draft
Bench Dylan Bundy, Bal RP Draft
Bench Ryan Braun, Mil OF Free Agency
Bench
Bench
Bench
DL Matt Moore, TB SP Draft
DL Clay Buchholz, Bos SP Draft

roster #4
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS ACQ
C Ryan Doumit, Atl C, OF, DH Draft
1B Kendrys Morales, FA 1B, DH Draft
2B Ian Kinsler, Det 2B, DH Draft
3B Miguel Cabrera, Det 3B Draft
SS Ian Desmond, Wsh SS Draft
OF Nate McLouth, Wsh OF Draft
OF Raul Ibanez, FA OF, DH Draft
OF Charlie Blackmon, Col OF Free Agency
UTIL Matt Adams, StL 1B Free Agency
P Yu Darvish, Tex SP Draft
P Jose Quintana, CWS SP Draft
P Jake Westbrook, FA SP Free Agency
SP John Lackey, Bos SP Draft
SP Scott Diamond, Min SP Free Agency
RP Greg Reynolds, Cin RP, SP Free Agency
RP Jeff Francis, FA SP, RP Free Agency
Bench Gio Gonzalez, Wsh SP Draft
Bench Hisashi Iwakuma, Sea SP, RP Draft
Bench Wei-Yin Chen, Bal SP Draft
Bench Hunter Morris, Mil 1B Free Agency
Bench J.A. Happ, Tor SP Free Agency
Bench Nick Tepesch, Tex SP Free Agency
Bench
Bench
Bench
DL Carlos Quentin, SD OF Draft
DL Corey Hart, Sea 1B, OF Draft
Old 02-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

roster #5

C Mike Napoli, Bos C, 1B Draft
1B Albert Pujols, LAA 1B, DH Draft
2B Chase Utley, Phi 2B Draft
3B Adrian Beltre, Tex 3B, DH Draft
SS Eduardo Nunez, NYY SS, 3B Draft
OF Carlos Beltran, NYY OF Draft
OF Austin Jackson, Det OF Draft
OF Carl Crawford, LAD OF Draft
UTIL Justin Maxwell, KC OF Draft
P Francisco Liriano, Pit SP Draft
P Ricky Nolasco, Min SP Draft
P Ubaldo Jimenez, FA SP Draft
SP CC Sabathia, NYY SP Draft
SP Ivan Nova, NYY SP Draft
RP Brandon League, LAD RP Draft
RP Jason Grilli, Pit RP Draft
Bench Michael Brantley, Cle OF Draft
Bench Chris Capuano, FA SP Draft
Bench Henderson Alvarez, Mia SP Draft
Bench Bronson Arroyo, FA SP Draft
Bench Lucas Harrell, Hou SP, RP Draft
Bench Billy Hamilton, Cin SS, OF Draft
Bench Carlos Sosa, SD 1B Draft
Bench Manny Pina, Sea C Draft
Bench Rocky Gale, SD C Draft
DL
DL

roster #6
LOT PLAYER, TEAM POS ACQ
C A.J. Ellis, LAD C Draft
1B Edwin Encarnacion, Tor 1B, 3B, DH Draft
2B Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B Draft
3B Kyle Seager, Sea 3B Draft
SS Jimmy Rollins, Phi SS Draft
OF Nick Swisher, Cle OF, 1B, DH Draft
OF Norichika Aoki, KC OF Draft
OF Martin Prado, Ari OF, 2B, 3B Draft
UTIL Torii Hunter, Det OF Draft
P R.A. Dickey, Tor SP Draft
P Casey Janssen, Tor RP Draft
P Sonny Gray, Oak SP Free Agency
SP Hyun-Jin Ryu, LAD SP Draft
SP C.J. Wilson, LAA SP Draft
RP Jonathan Papelbon, Phi RP Draft
RP Scott Feldman, Hou SP, RP Draft
Bench Clayton Kershaw, LAD SP Draft
Bench Yasiel Puig, LAD OF Draft
Bench Alex Cobb, TB SP Draft
Bench Jason Vargas, KC SP Draft
Bench Guillermo Pimentel, Sea OF Draft
Bench
Old 02-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

can i just have Jason Kipnis back off the abandoned roster, lol

Old 02-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

so the above 6 teams are what me and the other guy will choose from for the 2 new teams??
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
so the above 6 teams are what me and the other guy will choose from for the 2 new teams??
yes but we might be going to 14 teams, so it would 4 of you drafting
Old 02-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'm confused here. I see 6 rosters posted but thought we only had 2 people drop out.