Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,084
Default

Finally pitching, and now my team isn't hitting haha. Typical.

Willing to trade btw, Gattis, Molina, and a few pitchers are available, looking for a top-tier Starting pitcher.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,039 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 30,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Finally pitching, and now my team isn't hitting haha. Typical.

Willing to trade btw, Gattis, Molina, and a few pitchers are available, looking for a top-tier Starting pitcher.
I'd be interested in Gattis or a closer...but the only starting pitchers I'd be willing to trade are Gerrit Cole, Michael Wacha or Chris Archer.
__________________
30,000 post club
It's official...I have no life!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I'd be interested in Gattis or a closer...but the only starting pitchers I'd be willing to trade are Gerrit Cole, Michael Wacha or Chris Archer.
I actually just traded Gattis for Anibal Sanchez with Preakness. Wacha interests me though if you like any of my closers. I may make Janssen available at some point.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,039 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AFL / Spring Training land
Posts: 6,554
Default

Preakness has a trade addiction
__________________
Bet the grey horse on the turf
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 30,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
Preakness has a trade addiction
Damn you! I wanted Gattis....
__________________
30,000 post club
It's official...I have no life!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 30,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
On the league page where you can see the current standings look for a box at the top right that says 'current standings' , hover over that and it will reveal a drop down that says 'full standings', click that. You will be able to see all of the scoring categories and your numbers in relations to the other owners.
Thanks

So apparently I'm 2nd in Home Runs! I had no idea that I would be that high. Also 2nd in runs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I actually just traded Gattis for Anibal Sanchez with Preakness. Wacha interests me though if you like any of my closers. I may make Janssen available at some point.
I could use Jansen but I don't think a straight up trade of Wacha for Jansen would be fair. You might need to add a sweetener in the deal.
__________________
30,000 post club
It's official...I have no life!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Thanks

So apparently I'm 2nd in Home Runs! I had no idea that I would be that high. Also 2nd in runs...



I could use Jansen but I don't think a straight up trade of Wacha for Jansen would be fair. You might need to add a sweetener in the deal.
I think you are still thinking like a newbie to be honest. Closers are like gold in fantasy. You can pick up a starter on waivers to replace a Wacha. Try finding a closer on waivers. Go ahead, I'll wait.

If anything I would rather have Janssen but that's just me. No way would I offer Janssen plus another piece but each owner has their own priorities. Plus I'm close to last place so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AFL / Spring Training land
Posts: 6,554
Default

^^^
agree

there will be some closers available from time to time (sucky Belisario and guys that are temp closers like A's earlier in year, mets earlier) but finding solid established closers = tough

nice too to have established and successful set up guys like melancon and betances (years ago guys like Vetters, Gregorson) who can get occasional save and vulture wins with solid whip/era
__________________
Bet the grey horse on the turf
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,084
Default

Yea I wouldn't have added anything else in. I just picked up another reliever as well to add to my staff. Love stashing pitchers.

Gonna stick with my current staff I think, have done well last couple days pitching, finally getting into a respectable range with Alvarez pitching a nice game so far today.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,039 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 30,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I think you are still thinking like a newbie to be honest. Closers are like gold in fantasy. You can pick up a starter on waivers to replace a Wacha. Try finding a closer on waivers. Go ahead, I'll wait.

If anything I would rather have Janssen but that's just me. No way would I offer Janssen plus another piece but each owner has their own priorities. Plus I'm close to last place so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
LOL, well I AM a newbie! What do you expect?
__________________
30,000 post club
It's official...I have no life!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,319
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

i had some friends from the forum over for the world cup and one of them tried to steal all of my penny sleeves
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
i had some friends from the forum over for the world cup and one of them tried to steal all of my penny sleeves
I see what you did there. You are a cold hearted assassin JohnRyno. Ice in your veins and sympathy for no man. How is Jackie doing tonight?
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,319
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I see what you did there. You are a cold hearted assassin JohnRyno. Ice in your veins and sympathy for no man. How is Jackie doing tonight?
I. Love. Selling. Bloooooooooooowwwwwwww.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX by way of CA
Posts: 9,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
I. Love. Selling. Bloooooooooooowwwwwwww.
Brick to yo face.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AFL / Spring Training land
Posts: 6,554
Default

how do we check standings?
__________________
Bet the grey horse on the turf
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,691
Default

I lose points almost everyday. I have no idea what I'm doing.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,916
Default

Hey guys ... remember that time that I wasn't in last place ... that was awesome.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
TarjetasBéisbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,058
Default

I have zero closer but I wouldn't take Nathan if you offered him for free!!
__________________
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Andy Dufresne
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Hey guys ... remember that time that I wasn't in last place ... that was awesome.
I just made some changes to my line-up. Dropped 3 or 4 people.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,319
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Hey guys ... remember that time that I wasn't in last place ... that was awesome.
GIFSoup
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,319
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
^^^
agree

there will be some closers available from time to time (sucky Belisario and guys that are temp closers like A's earlier in year, mets earlier) but finding solid established closers = tough

nice too to have established and successful set up guys like melancon and betances (years ago guys like Vetters, Gregorson) who can get occasional save and vulture wins with solid whip/era
I should have listened to you. And Melancon might be taking Grili's job as closer, according the to the rumor mill.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,084
Default

I'm in a very respectful 2nd. 91 points would usually win a 12 team league haha.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,039 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,319
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I'm in a very respectful 2nd. 91 points would usually win a 12 team league haha.
Martinez and Rizzo have been hitting the sh*t out of the ball for you.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,319
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

Tajikey is starting Jim Johnson. Jim. Johnson.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 13,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
Martinez and Rizzo have been hitting the sh*t out of the ball for you.
Yea I definitely picked good hitters. had Hammel last night too, really helped the WHIP.

Looking for some stolen bases though, preferably an OF. Put out a trade for Billy Hamilton (mind is blank to who that team is).
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,039 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.