Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default I never do this.....need some FFL advice.

Keeper League. PPR, 6 points for QB TDs.

I'm keeping Marshall at a 6th round value.

Players gone: CJ, AP, Turner, Charles, Ray Rice, Sidney Rice, Mendenhall, DeAngelo Williams, Brady, Beanie Wells, Benson.

Here's the kicker, I have the No 1 overall pick after trading for it. I'm normally 10th overall so I will have the 15th overall as well. PLUS I have 2 3rd round picks (29th and 34th overall) and 2 4th round picks (39th and 44th).

Since I'm going to be ahead of everyone else, I'm taking a TE in the 5th and I lose my 6th/7th/8th round picks because of wheeling and dealing. I really like Jermichael Finley but are Dallas Clark and/or Vernon Davis players you can pass on?

Scenarios could play out like this....

MJD has a knee problem apparently. If I pass on him, I will be limited to the second-tier RBs (Mathews, Grant, Green, and there is a chance that Gore and/or SJax could fall to me).

Taking Andre Johnson gives me a great 1-2 WR combo but limits my prospects on RBs again.

Taking Rodgers gives me the best QB but I think that I may be able to get comparative value in Romo or Schaub with one of my extra 3rd round picks. Strength of schedule for GB is the 6th best during playoff weeks.

Thoughts?

Last edited by The Madbacker; 08-27-2010 at 11:24 PM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

6 points for passing TD is the key. Go quarterback and watch Rodgers throw for 40 TDS and win you the title.
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
6 points for passing TD is the key. Go quarterback and watch Rodgers throw for 40 TDS and win you the title.
That's what I'm thinking.......

I've finished 2nd/2nd/3rd the last 3 years. I need to win this damn thing.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I agree. You have to go Aaron Rodgers with those settings.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
Yeah, I agree. You have to go Aaron Rodgers with those settings.
Forgot to mention that there is a 5 point bonus for 300 yards passing/100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Peyton Manning over Rodgers. Manning is in a contract year, they threw the ball like crazy last year, all of his WRs should be healthy. Manning will have the most fantasy points this year.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would go way more in-depth if I wasn't on my iPad.

I love the picks you've stocked up. I say You target Rodgers, Mathews, Best, Finley, and Malcom Floyd if you can. In a keeper league I would be fine settling for Mathews! Hope it helps backer.

And third, second, third? Jesus. Hopefully its not the same guy that has your number!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSmith12 View Post
I would go way more in-depth if I wasn't on my iPad.

I love the picks you've stocked up. I say You target Rodgers, Mathews, Best, Finley, and Malcom Floyd if you can. In a keeper league I would be fine settling for Mathews! Hope it helps backer.

And third, second, third? Jesus. Hopefully its not the same guy that has your number!
No, it's 2nd/2nd/3rd. Last year I was 12-1, got a bye in week 13. Played against my brother who got a girlfriend around week 8 and hadn't paid attention since. I had to set his roster for him (against) me and did it honestly. Flacco throws 4 TDs for him and Brady gets me 7 points against Buffalo, beats me by 5 points. He goes on to win the Championship while I would've won the Championship week by 60+ points.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Manning is also a SB loser which they never tend to do good. Last time he had a year like he had last year, he followed with a 3700 yard 27 TD season and after watching Rodgers last night, can you pass on that. Id take a RB and than get a Schaub, Romo or other mid end QB like that with ur 15th pick. I like Gore or S-Jax with a PPR league and Im high on Ryan Matthews too. He looks good this year. Rodgers wouldnt be bad though and I dont think Manning will outscore Rodgers though and if you can get Finley to go with him you can get that combo for their TDs but Finley is gonna put up WR numbers I think, hes getting 5+ catches in games and hes only playing the first half. Whatever you choose, good luck man. I have my big money league draft coming up on the 5th. I waited to long on a QB in my first money league draft but Im relying on Kolb which I dont mind cuz the Eagles pass 75% of the time which Ill take.

Last edited by BroncosFAN#1; 08-27-2010 at 11:48 PM.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

I would take rodgers for sure. I wouldnt pass him up with those settings. Andre johnson is my 2nd choice.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

i took Brees last year as my quarterback and he didn't dissapoint at all. he passes for 300+ on a regular basis plus his TD's are always up there as well. Aaron Rodgers is also a great pick he looks like he's playing with a chip on his shoulder so far in preseason. as for TE Vernon Davis is a beast (and i'm not being biased either) he will probably be #1 in td's by a TE again this year and he will probably be the #1 or #2 leading receiver for the Niners.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Justin

Take Rodgers over Manning for sure. Come playoff time Manning will be on the bench resting. He is a killer at the end of the year.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Take Rodgers, he'll have to be playing the last few weeks to keep pace with the Vikings
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

Yea Rodgers is a good choice. It would be great to get Jermichael Finley as well. He is quickly becoming Rodgers' favorite target.
tman0895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

at 6 points for QB's and a keeper you HAVE to go with Rodgers!
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

I got Rodgers in the 2nd round of my draft and I'm drooling over what I've seen from him this preseason and hope he plays this well or better when it counts.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Weren't the Lions 4-0 last preseason?

Preseason means nothing.

Take Rodgers anyways. If QBs are going to be that sought after, plus seeing who is already off the boards, you might not have Schaub or Romo available at 15.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Keep an eye on Schaub. With the running game we have, he has had to throw a lot over the last 2 seasons. With AJ to throw to, he might have really good FF numbers...
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
Keep an eye on Schaub. With the running game we have, he has had to throw a lot over the last 2 seasons. With AJ to throw to, he might have really good FF numbers...
The problem is that I have to take a RB with my second round pick which means that I won't get a crack at a QB until pick #25 or so.

I think all the good ones will be gone.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
I'm still trying to get my head around this comment. It almost sounds as if you missed last year when Schaub led the league in passing yards and completions. He had really good FF numbers last year. It's kind of expected he'd have good numbers this year too by almost anyone playing FF.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
I'm still trying to get my head around this comment. It almost sounds as if you missed last year when Schaub led the league in passing yards and completions. He had really good FF numbers last year. It's kind of expected he'd have good numbers this year too by almost anyone playing FF.
I am well aware that he was the league leader and pro bowl MVP. I was trying to point out that he might not need to get Rodgers to get a good FF quarterback (Schaub seemed to be farther down on his QB list) Point is moot anyway because he is taking a RB with his second round pick and I doubt Schaub will still be around at 25...
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote