Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Other Fantasy League (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-fantasy-league/)
-   -   Well, just had my Fantasy Draft . . . (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-fantasy-league/90553-well-just-had-my-fantasy-draft.html)

bigsmoot2 08-29-2010 11:02 PM

Well, just had my Fantasy Draft . . .

It is a 12 team league, we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. Pretty much standard scoring, 6 points for any touchdown (passing as well), 1 point per 25 yards passing, 1 point for 10 yds rushing receiving and so on and so forth. I had the 3rd pick and the guy in front of me took Aaron Rogers (he is a huge Packer fan) so I was happy to have AP fall in my lap.

QB: Flacco, K. Orton
RB: AP, Cedric Benson, LT, Justin Forsett
WR: Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Malcolm Floyd, Jacoby Jones, Mike Williams (TB)
TE: Owen Daniels, Winslow (insurance for Daniels)
K: Prater
DST: Bears

Think I did alright, opinions welcome! Good luck to all you fantasy players this year! :)!

tolrobb 08-29-2010 11:06 PM

not bad at all, a little weak at QB considering the scoring format, but i'm high on Flacco. I think you're weak at TE and D. Daniels is on a snap count to start the season, and Winslow is average at best. The Bears? lol

bigsmoot2 08-29-2010 11:08 PM

Yeah, the Bears are questionable at best (but they do start at home against Det), but I can pick up another DST on the waiver wire after the season starts. Thanks for the input, I am hoping Flacco has a monster year as well, but we shall see.

pskell02 08-29-2010 11:10 PM

Assuming CJ went #1 overall, you had to choose between AP and Rice. I would have taken Rice to be honest with you. Overall I would say you have a fairly solid team. With it being a 12 team league, you should do ok.

bigsmoot2 08-29-2010 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=pskell02;715065]Assuming CJ went #1 overall, you had to choose between AP and Rice. I would have taken Rice to be honest with you. Overall I would say you have a fairly solid team. With it being a 12 team league, you should do ok.[/QUOTE]

Yep, CJ went #1. Actually Patrick I was glad I didn't have to make the decision between MJD and Rice. I think AP will have a monster year, especially not having Taylor to vulture his carries, the backup is Gearhart and he has been suspect at best. We will see though, I have lost in the semis in back to back years, 4 teams make the playoffs, so hopefully this is the year! :)

balling916 08-29-2010 11:12 PM

I agree tolrobb: In a league where passing TDs are worth as much as rushing TDs, getting a solid QB should be a priority, and you fall pretty flat in that area. Even if your backs do great, teams with Manning, Brees, Brady, etc will beat you if they have any sort of decent RBs.

gman71 08-29-2010 11:51 PM

I'm leaning more & more towards AP as a #1 pick now,even in a PPR league

Do you know that Chris Johnson caught 7 more passes that AP last year? Yes, 7. With no Chester Taylor and a giant ?? at WR, AP could easily see 50+ catches this year

demboys28 08-30-2010 06:40 AM

U need better WR! Daniels is very solid at TE ! Good luck

WhoStoleMyBeans 08-30-2010 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=bigsmoot2;715062]Yeah, the Bears are questionable at best (but they do start at home against Det), but I can pick up another DST on the waiver wire after the season starts. Thanks for the input, I am hoping Flacco has a monster year as well, but we shall see.[/QUOTE]

I like how everyone is picking up the bears for the first game. Yes the bears have a good D, but has any one watched the lions 1st string play in the preseason? All I have to say is, good luck... You should pick up a different D.