Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

I think SK are a nice change of pace. If you look at all product put out I would say 25% drop in price is really not that bad.
msu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu29 View Post
I think SK are a nice change of pace. If you look at all product put out I would say 25% drop in price is really not that bad.
a 25% price drop would'nt be bad if it were a $400 product. but a product that started at an already affordable price of 85-90 to drop to a clearence sale price of 65 - the people have spoken with their wallets
coclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
one more thing i need some clarification. on march 5th you said:

but then on march 8th you said:

which is it?
Well common sense should tell you that I am assuming what I heard is true, but again, I have not seen anything official.

Does that clear it up for you?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
a 25% price drop would'nt be bad if it were a $400 product. but a product that started at an already affordable price of 85-90 to drop to a clearence sale price of 65 - the people have spoken with their wallets
What? A 25% drop in price is a 25% drop in price no matter how cheap or expensive an item is. That's the very reason for using percentages instead of dollars.

If you buy ten $100 boxes at release and now they are only worth $75 each, that's the same as buying a $1000 box at release, and now it's only worth $750.

But then again, you have a history of not making sense in this forum. You even make stuff up on occasion that's completely not true.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

It was obvious from the list of products that Blowout was attempting to move products in the promo that dont normally sell well. How many times have we seen that terrible 06-08 football product in a promo. The old golf retail, hockey retail, basketball retail etc. There were 4 different Sport Kings products in there as well, and keep in mind those 4 Sport Kings products were some of the last 7 products available out of 32 total in the promo. I think that says something about the popularity of the product, or lack thereof. I bought some of it to get in the promo, certainly not because it was my first option. 7 things were left and 4 were sport kings, and 08 topps baseball wasnt looking so hot.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
It was obvious from the list of products that Blowout was attempting to move products in the promo that dont normally sell well. How many times have we seen that terrible 06-08 football product in a promo. The old golf retail, hockey retail, basketball retail etc. There were 4 different Sport Kings products in there as well, and keep in mind those 4 Sport Kings products were some of the last 7 products available out of 32 total in the promo. I think that says something about the popularity of the product, or lack thereof. I bought some of it to get in the promo, certainly not because it was my first option. 7 things were left and 4 were sport kings, and 08 topps baseball wasnt looking so hot.
I'd say by the looks of "ALL" the breaks posted, you have a better chance of hitting money making cards than any other product offered and not offered. Honestly, what other product has breaks posted with this high of a winning percentage? Are there any?

Like it or not, SK is delivering exceptional value right now. I'd like to see someone deny that.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

Im not denying the breaks we have seen posted have been great for the buyers. Im sure there are some we arent seeing as well, but who knows. Whats been shown is solid value at the price point of $65.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Imagine that, Sportkings sealed boxes selling like hot cakes, and it's been 8 months since it released!

I wonder...is there a rookie in them that's creating this buying frenzy? LOL

People are actually worried BO is running out. Who would have thought?
Its you and 3 or 4 other people who are buying this stuff. I would not exactly call that a feeding frenzy,considering there are 10,000+ members on here.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Its you and 3 or 4 other people who are buying this stuff. I would not exactly call that a feeding frenzy,considering there are 10,000+ members on here.
I bought some as well, and the breaks look a lot better than some of the other crap I've been opening as of late.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
I bought some as well, and the breaks look a lot better than some of the other crap I've been opening as of late.
I am so numb to Panini and topps baseball and football and lets not even talk about how awful basketball is this year.. it is just gross...

I have had amazing luck with ringside SK and ITG hockey products...

Even as much as people hate Famous Fabrics. i'm no a huge fan of them either..

But 50 dollars for famous fabrics 2?

You have a much better chance buying 2-3 of those than a box of main stream sports as far as value... IMO

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
I am so numb to Panini and topps baseball and football and lets not even talk about how awful basketball is this year.. it is just gross...

I have had amazing luck with ringside SK and ITG hockey products...

Even as much as people hate Famous Fabrics. i'm no a huge fan of them either..

But 50 dollars for famous fabrics 2?

You have a much better chance buying 2-3 of those than a box of main stream sports as far as value... IMO
Maybe its just me Panini has been fantastic for me.

Two awesome certified boxes-The hot hand continues
Old 03-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #37 (permalink)

Oh yea,Topps has treated me pretty well also

Look what I just pulled, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Plus they have that little thing that I really like from card companies,what was it called? Oh yea a license.
If it makes you feel any better I dont buy Upper Deck unlicensed stuff either.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Wrong. I haven't purchased any sealed boxes since last year, and it's more than 3 or 4 people.

Quote:
It's not just you, but the percentage of winning breaks from Panini posted in this forum do not outweigh winning SK breaks posted in this forum...not by a long shot.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:

Look what I just pulled, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Plus they have that little thing that I really like from card companies,what was it called? Oh yea a license.
If it makes you feel any better I dont buy Upper Deck unlicensed stuff either.
License or no license...

I know what i have spent and i what my return is for resale with main stream and i know what my return is on SK Ringside and ITG hockey famous fabrics etc...

Its not even close...

Most recent breaks

main stream-- case of each
National treasures football
tribute football
contenders football
sp authentic--

lost about 60%

Ringside ko case
superlative hockey case

Will make somewhere in the range of 500-800 dollars
depending on sales of ali auto and ovechkin 1/1 patches..

I'm not saying one is better than the other because i like both..

But those are the numbers...

I don't get $hit like this from panini or topps that is for sure

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH

Last edited by kyle1707; 03-13-2011 at 12:26 AM.
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

If you had to choose one of these two cards, (remember I said "had" to choose), which would it be?

This licensed card with no picture of the player or NFL or team logo on the front:

Or this unlicensed card:

Be honest now. Might I point out that the licensed card can't even seem to fit the autograph in the window without chopping it off.

Last edited by mwheeler27; 03-13-2011 at 12:29 AM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:

Two awesome certified boxes-The hot hand continues
You beat the odds, and yet with 2 so-called "awesome" (definitely by Panini standards) boxes you will net right around your money back (which again is great by Panini standards)

$160 for two boxes (assuming you bought from blowout and not your LCS)

edit: Just read you got them for $68 each, $25 profit woo! 2 boxes is a great sample size keep busting Panini stuff please, try your luck at basketball though, tons of resale value there (warning: this sentence was loaded with sarcasm, do not try any of this at home unless you have no concern for your hard earned money)

return before fees:

Marino- $80
Dez Redemption- $35
Ernie- $20
Boomer- $30
Schaub- $10
Rice- $5
Berry- $2
Romo- $1

Total = $183
After 9% ebay fees and 2.9% paypal fees = $161

$1 profit. Wooo! Remember that Panini has to pay quite a bit of money for the license that you love so much, which means they can't afford to put as much value into their product as these non-licensed companies.

Keep on busting Panini stuff and I assure you your regression to the mean will feel like a swift kick to the nuts or at very best a hard slap to the face.

Last edited by fitch123; 03-13-2011 at 12:39 AM.
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
You beat the odds, and yet with 2 so-called "awesome" (definitely by Panini standards) boxes you will net right around your money back (which again is great by Panini standards)

$160 for two boxes (assuming you bought from blowout and not your LCS)

return before fees:

Marino- $80
Dez Redemption- $35
Ernie- $20
Boomer- $30
Schaub- $10
Rice- $5
Berry- $2
Romo- $1

Total = $183
After 9% ebay fees and 2.9% paypal fees = $161

$1 profit. Wooo! Remember that Panini has to pay quite a bit of money for the license that you love so much, which means they can't afford to put as much value into their product as these non-licensed companies.

Keep on busting Panini stuff and I assure you your regression to the mean will feel like a swift kick to the nuts or at very best a hard slap to the face.
I paid 68 each for my certified,136 total. I sold the Marino for 135 by itself. To a member on here who will gladly tell you all about it. So I got the rest of the cards for free. Not bad.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
If you had to choose one of these two cards, (remember I said "had" to choose), which would it be?

This licensed card with no picture of the player or NFL or team logo on the front:

Or this unlicensed card:

Be honest now. Might I point out that the licensed card can't even seem to fit the autograph in the window without chopping it off.
Yes I agree Matt yours is better. Does it look like someone spilled coffee on the other one?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
I paid 68 each for my certified,136 total. I sold the Marino for 135 by itself. To a member on here who will gladly tell you all about it. So I got the rest of the cards for free. Not bad.

not sure why he would overpay when:

patch version sold for $127

2010 Certified Dan Marino Prime Auto / Patch #'d /10 !! - eBay (item 130493186490 end time Mar-09-11 17:40:26 PST)

but grats keep busting their crap and see how happy you are after 2-3 cases in.

Last edited by fitch123; 03-13-2011 at 12:46 AM.
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes I agree Matt yours is better. Does it look like someone spilled coffee on the other one?
It sort of looks like glue. I hope it's not glue from Panini's doing.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #46 (permalink)

Panini is last on my list after seeing the cards they held back for replacements. That was a slap in the face to their customers in my opinion
Old 03-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Panini is last on my list after seeing the cards they held back for replacements. That was a slap in the face to their customers in my opinion
I couldn't agree more.

That was a disgrace, and I'm so glad it was brought to our attention. If stuff like that is happening in this hobby, the hobby needs to know about it.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
good point, Panini held back the best possible hit in Certified (Bradford Mirror black NFL logo RPA 1/1) and gave it out as a replacement for unfulfilled redemptions from a completely different product.

Great company

Why buy products that have more value per box when I can buy from a "licensed" company that I can trust like Panini
Old 03-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
not sure why he would overpay when:

patch version sold for $127

2010 Certified Dan Marino Prime Auto / Patch #'d /10 !! - eBay (item 130493186490 end time Mar-09-11 17:40:26 PST)

but grats keep busting their crap and see how happy you are after 2-3 cases in.
He was building the set and wanted to make sure he got it before anyone else did,he contacted me.
Quote:
I agree with this
Quote:
good point, Panini held back the best possible hit in Certified (Bradford Mirror black NFL logo RPA 1/1) and gave it out as a replacement for unfulfilled redemptions from a completely different product.

Great company

Why buy products that have more value per box when I can buy from a "licensed" company that I can trust like Panini
I understand what you are saying. I have busted other stuff since then and have been skunked. That was a bit of a luck streak. I actually like some of Dr. Prices stuff,he has some great patch cards. I just question value 10 yrs down the road on an unlicensed product. In the other thread I never once said anyones stuff is fake. I simply did not like Dr. Prices bullying approach. This is nothing personal,you have your opinion and I have mine. No big thing. I would have no problem doing business with you, Kyle or Matt. In fact Matt has quite the collection on COMC. And I will be the first one to admit that I do have some ITG stuff in my hockey collection.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
You know what this tells me? It tells me that even people who collect mainly because of licensing will actually choose an unlicensed card if the quality is better.

Quality > Licensing. As it should be.