Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Panini is last on my list after seeing the cards they held back for replacements. That was a slap in the face to their customers in my opinion
Well, the owner of SK publicly threatened to sue a collector who dared to post something he didn't like on a message board. That's a pretty big slap in the face to customers and potential customers as well.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Well, the owner of SK publicly threatened to sue a collector who dared to post something he didn't like on a message board. That's a pretty big slap in the face to customers and potential customers as well.
It actually made me go buy his products....

I bought a case of ringside Superlative and SK

Gald i did..

Best hits i have got all year

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Looks like not everyone agrees with you. Imagine that.

I guess it's actually honorable to stand up for what you believe in. It works too! That poster never said another word in that thread since he knew it probably wasn't in his best interest.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #54 (permalink)

when all else fails........ threaten to sue.......... works everytime. weh, weh, weh.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
when all else fails........ threaten to sue.......... works everytime. weh, weh, weh.
People need to know that at any time, they can be held accountable for what they claim to be true, especially if it's intent was to damage someone's or something's credibility. You might not agree with what Dr. Price did or said, but I see nothing wrong with any of these statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post
I will not debate you on this or any other forum, I will do it the legal way and hope you have the proof to back up your claims because I certainly do.

People are entitled to their opinions but you have gone much too far and it is time that you are held accountable for your statements.

I have been in the trading card manufacturing business for twenty years and I will not stand for your actions. Get ready to defend your claims.
There would be a lot less "senseless" mudslinging statements of fact if people knew they could be held accountable for their words. I can absolutely guarantee you that those words quoted above have made at least a few people think twice before posting certain things. It's about time someone stood up to people like this. And as you can see, it made more people buy his product which means more good was done than harm.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #56 (permalink)

So it only took 6 months and the price to drop 25% for any one to show interest for a few weeks. Call me when the ITG Heroes trash hits 40 a box, then we can hear how its red hot and a great investment. Which by the way if you are going to talk about how people said stuff, you swore up and down the value would be great with this SK product and how it would rise (which you say every time they release anything) and once again you are WRONG. But luckily most here on BO now realize you really have no clue what you are talking about wheeler. And when you do know what you are talking about you are just pimping some trash.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
So it only took 6 months and the price to drop 25% for any one to show interest for a few weeks. Call me when the ITG Heroes trash hits 40 a box, then we can hear how its red hot and a great investment.

Which by the way if you are going to talk about how people said stuff, you swore up and down the value would be great with this SK product and how it would rise (which you say every time they release anything) and once again you are WRONG.

But luckily most here on BO now realize you really have no clue what you are talking about wheeler. And when you do know what you are talking about you are just pimping some trash.
I'll address the 3 parts above:

- ITG Heroes is not Sportkings. 8 months after SK was released, there is renewed interest because of a BO promotion AND exceptional break value that's been documented in this forum. There is no rookie in this product creating interest. People were buying boxes and cases outside of the promotion, so it wasn't only the promotion. Hmmm...sounds like success is coming faster than even I thought. I believe what has happened here during the past couple weeks regarding SK is something you thought/said would never happen.

- How am I wrong when saying the value of SK would be great? Haven't people been making money on the majority of their "posted" breaks lately. Do you honestly still think the value of these boxes will go down in the future? You saying I am wrong just goes to show that you still don't know what you're talking about when posting on this subject in this forum.

- Obviously your opinion about "most people in this forum now realize I have no clue", is pretty far fetched given the SK breakers' recent successes. Are you blind as well as incompetent when it comes to discussing SK?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #58 (permalink)

Matt, has this caused you to think about all of the statements that you have made about Upper Deck and Topps? Some are publicly documented, but I imagine some could be hearsay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
People need to know that at any time, they can be held accountable for what they claim to be true, especially if it's intent was to damage someone's or something's credibility. You might not agree with what Dr. Price did or said, but I see nothing wrong with any of these statements:

There would be a lot less "senseless" mudslinging statements of fact if people knew they could be held accountable for their words. I can absolutely guarantee you that those words quoted above have made at least a few people think twice before posting certain things. It's about time someone stood up to people like this. And as you can see, it made more people buy his product which means more good was done than harm.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Matt, has this caused you to think about all of the statements that you have made about Upper Deck and Topps? Some are publicly documented, but I imagine some could be hearsay.
No, why? I made no false claims of fact regarding either company.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #60 (permalink)

You really do not have proof of all of the statements that you have made in the past. I am just trying to make the point that everyone gets out of line from time to time.

Quote:
No, why? I made no false claims of fact regarding either company.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
You really do not have proof of all of the statements that you have made in the past. I am just trying to make the point that everyone gets out of line from time to time.
If it was a statement of fact that I made, then it's probably a fact. If it was an opinion and not a statement of fact, I "might" not have proof.

I am careful with what I say and how I say it. That doesn't mean I don't get out of line from time to time, but I don't make stuff up with the intent to do harm. That has never been done by me.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like not everyone agrees with you. Imagine that.

I guess it's actually honorable to stand up for what you believe in. It works too! That poster never said another word in that thread since he knew it probably wasn't in his best interest.
I was all up in that thread,I did not see Dr. Price anywhere after his initial so called flex on the op
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #63 (permalink)

The Bobby Knight Silver Autograph is SOLD!!! to me.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I was all up in that thread,I did not see Dr. Price anywhere after his initial so called flex on the op
I'm waiting to see how the court case turns out or if Dr Price is all talk.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote