Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Its just a plain ticket. Wheeler had posted in a thread on here some of his tickets. While they are kinda neat for Super Bowls, the boxing ones just dont sell. Redeem and you will get the plain ticket. I was personally happy to get $60 for mine. It wasnt a great fight and I saw a completed ticket of the same for about $12
Not entirely true. At least not in the case of my SK tickets. When you send in your redemption card, they send you back the ticket in a top loader customized with another card in it that represents what you redeemed.

Notice how your redemption card makes no mention of the fighters. Then notice what this card says. Also notice how tall and narrow it is:

Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #27 (permalink)

Nice break Kyle. I'm leaning more and more towards opening a case of this.

US Navy - Submarine Service - January 23rd 1985 - January 31st 2009
wcbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #28 (permalink)

Heck maybe I am wrong then. I still doubt a ticket collector would care about Sport Kings, atleast in this case. As I said mine went for $60, and the stub usually being about $10. Maybe there is a premium, but they still dont bring anything to justify a $599 asking price.

I didnt realize the gold parallels were doing so well. At 1k this product certainly looks better than it did at 2k. Why is Dr Price releasing product at a wholesale cost that requires a 30-50% drop for people to buy it is a question I would be asking if I were a major distributor.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Heck maybe I am wrong then. I still doubt a ticket collector would care about Sport Kings, atleast in this case. As I said mine went for $60, and the stub usually being about $10. Maybe there is a premium, but they still dont bring anything to justify a $599 asking price.

I didnt realize the gold parallels were doing so well. At 1k this product certainly looks better than it did at 2k. Why is Dr Price releasing product at a wholesale cost that requires a 30-50% drop for people to buy it is a question I would be asking if I were a major distributor.
I would imagine Dr. Price sells his products at a price point where he can recoup the cash outlay it requires in order to have products like he produces. I doubt he could sell them at half what he already charges without going bankrupt, but I could be wrong. What I do know though is that nobody else has done what he does and charges less. Donruss Prime Cuts was supposedly going to compete with SK, and look at all those sticker autos. I shouldn't even mention upper deck's world of sports product, but that too is a complete failure if they were trying to produce something similar to SK.

Ringside Boxing won't be equaled by anyone at a cheaper price point. I simply don't think it can be done. Maybe one day I will be proven wrong.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:

I have sold 7-8 golds and two black base...

for about 600 dollars

If i sold everything it would be around 2500 dollars...\

Cases cost 2100-2200

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #31 (permalink)

Those black parallels do sell well I agree. I hadnt researched the golds but they most do very well. I like the product at its current price, but I also got in at 1900 on a case when it first released and got SMOKED. Explains a little of my hatred for this stuff lol
Old 03-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Those black parallels do sell well I agree. I hadnt researched the golds but they most do very well. I like the product at its current price, but I also got in at 1900 on a case when it first released and got SMOKED. Explains a little of my hatred for this stuff lol
i could not imagine it at 1900....

This leaf Ali thing is going to kill Ali stuff next week...

399 cases or around 4000 boxes..

Every box will have Ali trunks...

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote