Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Perhaps so, but others are starting to sing it.
Maybe so, but I was never for the cult followings.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
How many of each 1952 Topps card survived all that destruction? How many of each of these Ringside boxing cards are there? "Just saying...".
Not enough to meet modern demand and thats the point. How many boxes of Ringside have been destroyed to drive up the demand of them? I'm guessing not many. Just saying... I guess we can revisit this post 60 years and see if you are right
Grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Not enough to meet modern demand and thats the point. How many boxes of Ringside have been destroyed to drive up the demand of them? I'm guessing not many. Just saying... I guess we can revisit this post 60 years and see if you are right
It won't take 60 years, and like usual, you're missing the point.

I used the example of the 1952 Topps cards to demonstrate how a product upon release might not be all that popular, but in time can be. Rest assured, this Ringside Boxing product will gain popularity in a lot less time than 60 years.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #79 (permalink)

Isn't this all a bunch off ASSuming no matter what? I mean really, no one is right or wrong - right? We don't know the facts, because it hasn't happened yet - we can only speculate.

Some said Ali would never sign again, and he has. I know this slightly hurt the value of his Pro-Line autographs, not sure it did anything to his UD cards though. My point is - too much stuff can happen from now till then, to confirm this nor that.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Isn't this all a bunch off ASSuming no matter what? I mean really, no one is right or wrong - right? We don't know the facts, because it hasn't happened yet - we can only speculate.

Some said Ali would never sign again, and he has. I know this slightly hurt the value of his Pro-Line autographs, not sure it did anything to his UD cards though. My point is - too much stuff can happen from now till then, to confirm this nor that.
Well, of course.

It's like me saying KU was going to easily beat VCU. I'm probably wrong more than my fair share.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm probably wrong more than my fair share.

Finally said something that we can agree with.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Finally said something that we can agree with.
I've said this a few times before. If you're reading it just now for the first time, you haven't been paying attention.

Having said that...I won't be wrong concerning this Ringside Boxing product. It's more of a sure thing than winning a college basketball game, of which is completely different.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #83 (permalink)

Highly considering just holding, and writing off these cases. I'm thinking these are gonna be HOT in the future. The cut auto's I've seen look AWESOME! The Fight Worn Auto's look completely insane IMO. I don't care if it's legible or not, it's ALI'S Auto, and that's freakin AWESOME. This is a 150% + thought for LEAF IMO. I could easily see these as $3-4k cases in the near future if the inevitable happens......

I'm shocked at how FEW 1/1 Auto Fight worns, and Cut autos have surfaced thus far........makes me wonder
Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Highly considering just holding, and writing off these cases. I'm thinking these are gonna be HOT in the future. The cut auto's I've seen look AWESOME! The Fight Worn Auto's look completely insane IMO. I don't care if it's legible or not, it's ALI'S Auto, and that's freakin AWESOME. This is a 150% + thought for LEAF IMO. I could easily see these as $3-4k cases in the near future if the inevitable happens......

I'm shocked at how FEW 1/1 Auto Fight worns, and Cut autos have surfaced thus far........makes me wonder
Im thinking you are being sarcastic, and I hope you are..
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #85 (permalink)

I just sold every thing from my first box for 43 dollars...

I think 9-10 of 12 box case will be like that..

With 150 autos not sure if it will go up that high... Even when he passes

Its been out for 3 days and not a lot of being broke so far

I have 15 boxes in the morning....

But they are random not all from one case...

So i probably will get 15 event worns ... LOL

Will post around noon...

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Im thinking you are being sarcastic, and I hope you are..
Feeling duped because of the Leaf "oops, we only put 100 cuts in the product instead of 150"......what kind of BS is that? Now I have little faith there are even 50 Auto Patches inserted......with the Leaf controversy I've already read about, this doesn't sit well with me

It's not like Leaf puts out 50 releases a year. Brian Gray IMO knew the whole time......How many employees does Razor/Leaf have? It's not like a juggernaut of a company....

I'll be opening a case or two tonight, so I'll post the results
Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #87 (permalink)

oval office
lol
preakness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Feeling duped because of the Leaf "oops, we only put 100 cuts in the product instead of 150"......what kind of BS is that? Now I have little faith there are even 50 Auto Patches inserted......with the Leaf controversy I've already read about, this doesn't sit well with me

It's not like Leaf puts out 50 releases a year. Brian Gray IMO knew the whole time......How many employees does Razor/Leaf have? It's not like a juggernaut of a company....

I'll be opening a case or two tonight, so I'll post the results
LAST I knew it was Brian Gray, a nice customer service/manager lady and a schmuck of a sales rep. Maybe thats the problem. If Brian Gray would hire a 3rd party to actually insert the goods the products may do better. Its obvious this guy cant be trusted considering he lied about the amount of Ali's going into the product. He can call it a mistake, Id call it a lie.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Perhaps so, but others are starting to sing it.
Not to pick on you, but what happened to all of the Sport Kings breaks on here? Could it be that Blowout is no longer offering this in the MLB and NCAA promo and now nobody is buying the stuff again? Just sayin, all the Sport Kings and Famous Fabrics and Ringside are well below cost. Goes to show demand as a whole is not with these products. I know you are going to spin it somehow and I understand this since its your investment. I did a google search for SportKings B to see how it looked a month or so ago, and found a thread 3-4 years old where you were touting keeping sealed cases and how great the product was going to be. 3-4 years later its being offering in promos and cant be sold. Just sayin...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Not to pick on you, but what happened to all of the Sport Kings breaks on here? Could it be that Blowout is no longer offering this in the MLB and NCAA promo and now nobody is buying the stuff again? Just sayin, all the Sport Kings and Famous Fabrics and Ringside are well below cost. Goes to show demand as a whole is not with these products. I know you are going to spin it somehow and I understand this since its your investment. I did a google search for SportKings B to see how it looked a month or so ago, and found a thread 3-4 years old where you were touting keeping sealed cases and how great the product was going to be. 3-4 years later its being offering in promos and cant be sold. Just sayin...
In one post, you call someone a liar, and in the very next post, you "claim" you're not picking on me. Well...what the heck do you call it?

I'm going to pick on you here and ask if you'd get mad if I called you a liar?

I don't mind being picked on. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

People's interests change. What percentage of those people that broke SK D in this forum last month came out ahead do you suppose? It's not my fault if they don't want to take a chance on coming out ahead again. I have money to spend on what they pull, but if they're not willing to take the chance, (and a good chance going by all those winning breaks recently), there's nothing I care to do about it.

There are some monster cards waiting to be pulled in the Series B release. I understand that in today's market, if you don't hit some of the better ones, you are going to lose. But that will change. It hasn't been 4 years yet. Heck...it hasn't even been 3 yet.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
In one post, you call someone a liar, and in the very next post, you "claim" you're not picking on me. Well...what the heck do you call it?

I'm going to pick on you here and ask if you'd get mad if I called you a liar?

I don't mind being picked on. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

People's interests change. What percentage of those people that broke SK D in this forum last month came out ahead do you suppose? It's not my fault if they don't want to take a chance on coming out ahead again. I have money to spend on what they pull, but if they're not willing to take the chance, (and a good chance going by all those winning breaks recently), there's nothing I care to do about it.

There are some monster cards waiting to be pulled in the Series B release. I understand that in today's market, if you don't hit some of the better ones, you are going to lose. But that will change. It hasn't been 4 years yet. Heck...it hasn't even been 3 yet.
You think I called you a liar? I feel like I was CLEARLY referring to Brian Gray!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
You think I called you a liar? I feel like I was CLEARLY referring to Brian Gray!
I think no such thing. Nor did I say so.

I feel like I was CLEARLY referring to someone else when I said "someone" and not "me".
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #93 (permalink)

Since you didn't get what I was trying to say, I'll spell it out for you:

In one post, you called someone a liar. (Not me mind you). Then, in the very next post, you start off by saying, "not to pick on you, but...". Since we all know you are picking on me in that very next post, I wanted to know if you'd get mad if I called you a liar? How about a hypocrite?

And yes...I'm picking on you.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
I think no such thing. Nor did I say so.

I feel like I was CLEARLY referring to someone else when I said "someone" and not "me".
I cracks me up you of all people defend Brian Gray yet want to bash Topps and UD. You have posted in other threads what a great guy he is. It seems there are legitimate issues and concerns with nearly every product he releases. Look at all of the disappointed Leaf Ali customers now after he said there were more Ali autographs in the product then there actually are. You dont see this as a lie? "a gross falsification or misrepresentation of the facts". I think it qualifies under the definition dont you?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Since you didn't get what I was trying to say, I'll spell it out for you:

In one post, you called someone a liar. (Not me mind you). Then, in the very next post, you start off by saying, "not to pick on you, but...". Since we all know you are picking on me in that very next post, I wanted to know if you'd get mad if I called you a liar? How about a hypocrite?

And yes...I'm picking on you.
Its not picking on you, its making a point. We have to hear from you constantly how the Sport Kings are all of a sudden selling like hotcakes because of the value etc etc. Many try to tell you its because of the promo yet you dont want to believe this. Now Im not seeing any breaks of this stuff since the promo is gone and I dont think its a coincidence. Now you feel like Ringside is a great product because its 40% under cost instead of 60% below?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
I cracks me up you of all people defend Brian Gray yet want to bash Topps and UD. You have posted in other threads what a great guy he is. It seems there are legitimate issues and concerns with nearly every product he releases. Look at all of the disappointed Leaf Ali customers now after he said there were more Ali autographs in the product then there actually are. You dont see this as a lie? "a gross falsification or misrepresentation of the facts". I think it qualifies under the definition dont you?
I crack you up? You crack me up. Here's why:

Just a few posts ago, you said this to me...

Quote:
I know you are going to spin it somehow. Just sayin...
...and since then, you not only wrongfully claimed that I thought you was calling me the liar, but you wrongfully claim that I am defending Gray all of the sudden. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in your back-to-back posts of calling someone a liar, and then flat out lying yourself. I wasn't defending anyone. Although I can see you're trying to "spin it that way". Just saying...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Many try to tell you its because of the promo yet you dont want to believe this.
This is flat out wrong. I never said or thought that the recent sales of SK D was not related to the promo.

Spin baby, spin.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
I crack you up? You crack me up. Here's why:

Just a few posts ago, you said this to me...

...and since then, you not only wrongfully claimed that I thought you was calling me the liar, but you wrongfully claim that I am defending Gray all of the sudden. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in your back-to-back posts of calling someone a liar, and then flat out lying yourself. I wasn't defending anyone. Although I can see you're trying to "spin it that way". Just saying...
Atleast your not arguing that:
A. Nobody is opening Sport Kings unless a promo slot is given away with it.
B. Ringside was not a good product for dealer cost.
C. Sport Kings (A,B,C,D) unopened products do not rise above ORIGINAL dealer cost in value.

We are getting somewhere here!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Atleast your not arguing that:
A. Nobody is opening Sport Kings unless a promo slot is given away with it.
B. Ringside was not a good product for dealer cost.
C. Sport Kings (A,B,C,D) unopened products do not rise above ORIGINAL dealer cost in value.

We are getting somewhere here!
Still spinning I see.

Just because I didn't comment on everything you said does not mean that any of what you said in this last post is true.

A. is 100% false for obvious reasons. You're very, very gullible if you believe that no one is buying SK unless it involves a BO promo.

B. is false because there are collectors that liked the product at dealer cost. Of course they like it better when cheaper, but that's not the point.

C. is 100% false. While all these are down right now, that wasn't always the case, and the future hasn't happened yet.

So where is this "somewhere" that we are getting to?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #100 (permalink)

Had to dig up this link since you LOVE to talk about future value of Sport Kings. This is a good one. Its about series A cases going up when B comes out.

2007 Sport Kings Box Break

Great stuff, found this a month ago when I was debating buying these and wanted to check box breaks to see if they were a good value for the promo.