Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Had to dig up this link since you LOVE to talk about future value of Sport Kings. This is a good one. Its about series A cases going up when B comes out.

2007 Sport Kings Box Break

Great stuff, found this a month ago when I was debating buying these and wanted to check box breaks to see if they were a good value for the promo.
When did the stock market crash recently? Didn't we just go through some tough economic times? Aren't we still feeling the effects of a bad economy?

Series A was released in 2007. When those comments were made, the economy was doing well, and that is a fact. I did not see an economic melt down in the very near future when making similar comments that others were making. (Make sure to take note of what others said in that thread).

Would you mind answering just one question for me? One that I have already asked?

What percentage of recent SK D breaks in this forum would you say the breakers came out monetarily ahead on?

I hope this question sticks out enough that you don't miss it this time.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
When did the stock market crash recently? Didn't we just go through some tough economic times? Aren't we still feeling the effects of a bad economy?

Series A was released in 2007. When those comments were made, the economy was doing well, and that is a fact. I did not see an economic melt down in the very near future when making similar comments that others were making. (Make sure to take note of what others said in that thread).

Would you mind answering just one question for me? One that I have already asked?

What percentage of recent SK D breaks in this forum would you say the breakers came out monetarily ahead on?

I hope this question sticks out enough that you don't miss it this time.
Ill answer your question no problem. I think Kakman (not sure if thats the exact user id but close) could better answer this question. I can tell you from my case after selling you the cut and say figure $10 a box top, Ill lose about $80 when all is said and done. There are a TON of $5 hits in this stuff, sometimes half the case or better. Some of the cuts only bring $100 on eBay, so to assume hitting a cut makes it a winner just isnt true. I notice you like to leave out the series B 18 box break that had MSwift getting slaughtered. Lastly, how many would have made out ahead at Dr Prices original dealer cost? How about at MSRP? Blame the economy all you want, but many products are able to survive around/above cost or 10% under. If this stuff was so great, it too would move up instead of consistently moving down after release.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
chipmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,729
Default

Wheeler - Do you still have your 2007 Series A cases still sealed or did you wind up cracking them? I wouldn't have had the discipline to hold them for 3+ years personally.
__________________
"I don't always move residences. But when I do, I am obligated, by law, to introduce myself to everyone in the neighborhood. I am the most interesting petifile in the world."
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Ill answer your question no problem.
So...may I ask when?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Wheeler - Do you still have your 2007 Series A cases still sealed or did you wind up cracking them? I wouldn't have had the discipline to hold them for 3+ years personally.
Yes, I still have a Series A Master case sealed.

I know this will sound weird, but I feel a master case is part of the master set. When thinking of it this way, it's actually easy to not bust it. Busting it would only make my master set less complete.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
When did the stock market crash recently? Didn't we just go through some tough economic times? Aren't we still feeling the effects of a bad economy?

Series A was released in 2007. When those comments were made, the economy was doing well, and that is a fact. I did not see an economic melt down in the very near future when making similar comments that others were making. (Make sure to take note of what others said in that thread).

Would you mind answering just one question for me? One that I have already asked?

What percentage of recent SK D breaks in this forum would you say the breakers came out monetarily ahead on?

I hope this question sticks out enough that you don't miss it this time.
Better question for you since you like to ask questions which you know have no answer and think you are right because of it. How many got slaughterer that didn't even bother to post their cases?

And also hate to rain on your parade but why did the economic down fall only effect sports kings? Thats odd bowman jumbo doubling, tons of other products raising. But yet SK rindside itg failing fabrics have tanked, I guess the economy only effects cards with crap designs and paintings.

You do realize we all see right through you right? it has to be hard to keep lying and making excuses daily. But I commend you for sticking to your wallet.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Better question for you since you like to ask questions which you know have no answer and think you are right because of it. How many got slaughterer that didn't even bother to post their cases?
Recently?...Of course I don't know, but I would guess that not near as many as didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
And also hate to rain on your parade but why did the economic down fall only effect sports kings? Thats odd bowman jumbo doubling, tons of other products raising. But yet SK rindside itg failing fabrics have tanked, I guess the economy only effects cards with crap designs and paintings.
Liar. Do you think for one second that there's even one member in this forum that believes you "hate to rain on my parade"? You are a liar.

"Tons of other products raising"??? Really? You do realize that we all see right through your exaggeration, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
You do realize we all see right through you right? it has to be hard to keep lying and making excuses daily. But I commend you for sticking to your wallet.
Let's try this again...Can you point out one instance where I have lied? Just one? I think we both know that I can point out when you have.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,226
Default

Poor Dr Price, only his products are affected by the economic downturn. Why arent all of the other wax products below cost then? Topps produces SO MUCH MORE of any given product yet it sells far higher. Why is that? The economic downturn didnt stop people from consuming: Topps Series 1, Bowman Draft, Topps Tribute, Triple Threads, Regular Bowman and Jumbos.. Just a few examples for 2010.
You want an answer to the percentage of people that made out ahead on Sport Kings series D? You said recently because you want to omit the people who bought in at 85-90 a box which I can understand. My guess from looking at the breaks and knowing my own I would say 35% ish? How about giving me the percentage of Sport Kings A-D and Ringside products selling above cost.
Thanks!
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 7,929
Default

99% of products have dropped like rocks

Hell

Blowout just dumped 10 cases of 2009 Exquisite football for under 900 dollars

I don't go off like Wheels

But

I made money or almost broke even

on Sportkings Ringside superlative hockey and even famous fabrics a year ago

I lost 50%

on tribute contenders 5 star supreme exqusite etc...

i like both main stream and d prices products

I am buying d prices stuff at a lower price now..

But still always works better..

o by the way

the funniest thing

i have bought 12 boxes of galaxy 6 star wars for around 1300 dollars

i am up about 600 dollars on that? LOL

Who knew
__________________
LOOKING FOR

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Poor Dr Price, only his products are affected by the economic downturn. Why arent all of the other wax products below cost then? Topps produces SO MUCH MORE of any given product yet it sells far higher. Why is that? The economic downturn didnt stop people from consuming: Topps Series 1, Bowman Draft, Topps Tribute, Triple Threads, Regular Bowman and Jumbos.. Just a few examples for 2010.
You want an answer to the percentage of people that made out ahead on Sport Kings series D? You said recently because you want to omit the people who bought in at 85-90 a box which I can understand. My guess from looking at the breaks and knowing my own I would say 35% ish? How about giving me the percentage of Sport Kings A-D and Ringside products selling above cost.
Thanks!
I don't see why you keep trying so hard, yet keep failing miserably. Perhaps you should try harder. Trying to put words into my mouth isn't going to work either.

Why are you now trying to compare 2010 products to Sportkings Series A, (what my "economic downturn" comment was directed towards), as that's exactly the thread you linked? I realize you're trying to spin things as much as possible, but it's simply not going to work with me. You've stepped up to the big boy table, but you're not yet worthy.

To recap, (and keep in mind that you stated you're not picking on me), you linked a thread a few years old where I stated in agreement with others that SK A would go up in value. That comment was made before our economy went South. Now you're wanting to compare how 2010 "baseball" products none-the-less, and this time of year, also none-the-less, to that 2007 Sportkings release. Well let's take a look at some of those beloved products from 2007 and see how they fair right about now, shall we?

These are snap shots of certain periods in time of licensed, more popular baseball brands from 2007:

Bowman Draft in October of 07 was $62...now it's around $52...16% decline.

Topps Finest October 07 was $142...now approx. $75...47% decline.

Topps 1 in Oct. 07 was $73...now $55...25% decline.

Topps 2 upon release was $31...now $21.50...31% decline.

Topps Update in Nov. 07 was $55...now $40...27% decline.

UD Goudy in Aug. 07 was $109...now $75...31% decline.

UD SPA in Nov. 07 was 103...now $46...55% decline.

I could go on and on, but surely you get the picture.

We all know that licensed cards have been and still are more popular than unlicensed cards. We also know that baseball products are generally more popular around the start of baseball season. Sportkings is a product that I believe will be more collectible in the future simply because of it's nature.

There is a time and place for every product. Some of them are immediately upon release and then whimper away. Some of them are hottest when rookies make their pro debuts. And some of them age like a fine wine. That's the category where I believe Sportkings belongs...in the fine wine category.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27

Last edited by mwheeler27; 04-04-2011 at 04:48 PM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,900
Default

Since my name was mentioned.....

I lost at least 50% on cases of Topps Chrome baseball, The Cup, NT Football this year.

I made money on 33 cases of Razor Poker and have a complete Gold /25 set and about 20 other cards in my PC.

On 20 cases of Sportskings D - I have lost about $2,000 or about 15% of the total purchase, fun ripping and have a complete set of D and near complete Mini set and Jack Nicklaus Gold /5 Auto in my PC. Taking this into account I may have lost $1200 or less than 10% with lots of fun ripping.

I strayed, gambled and tried a case of Sportsking B and lost $650/$900

I lost more on three mainstream sportcases than I did on the other 53 cases combined

Just bought a case of 2009 Exquisite Football, we'll see tomorrow
__________________
Peter Jetten (Poker) & David Duval Super Collector
kakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
99% of products have dropped like rocks

Hell

Blowout just dumped 10 cases of 2009 Exquisite football for under 900 dollars

I made money or almost broke even

on Sportkings Ringside superlative hockey and even famous fabrics a year ago

I lost 50%

on tribute contenders 5 star supreme exqusite etc...
If the haters take the time to read this, they will conveniently forget they ever read it as they just don't want to see/hear it. Heaven forbid mainstream products go down in value too, and people actually speak the truth about it.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakman View Post
Since my name was mentioned.....

I lost at least 50% on cases of Topps Chrome baseball, The Cup, NT Football this year.

I made money on 33 cases of Razor Poker and have a complete Gold /25 set and about 20 other cards in my PC.

On 20 cases of Sportskings D - I have lost about $2,000 or about 15% of the total purchase, fun ripping and have a complete set of D and near complete Mini set and Jack Nicklaus Gold /5 Auto in my PC. Taking this into account I may have lost $1200 or less than 10% with lots of fun ripping.

I strayed, gambled and tried a case of Sportsking B and lost $650/$900

I lost more on three mainstream sportcases than I did on the other 53 cases combined

Just bought a case of 2009 Exquisite Football, we'll see tomorrow
Nice to see more truth to refute the spin jobs the haters love to post.

Best of luck with your Exquisite case tomorrow. You're due for a mainstream "winner".
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I don't see why you keep trying so hard, yet keep failing miserably. Perhaps you should try harder. Trying to put words into my mouth isn't going to work either.

Why are you now trying to compare 2010 products to Sportkings Series A, (what my "economic downturn" comment was directed towards), as that's exactly the thread you linked? I realize you're trying to spin things as much as possible, but it's simply not going to work with me. You've stepped up to the big boy table, but you're not yet worthy.

To recap, (and keep in mind that you stated you're not picking on me), you linked a thread a few years old where I stated in agreement with others that SK A would go up in value. That comment was made before our economy went South. Now you're wanting to compare how 2010 "baseball" products none-the-less, and this time of year, also none-the-less, to that 2007 Sportkings release. Well let's take a look at some of those beloved products from 2007 and see how they fair right about now, shall we?

These are snap shots of certain periods in time of licensed, more popular baseball brands from 2007:

Bowman Draft in October of 07 was $62...now it's around $52...16% decline.

Topps Finest October 07 was $142...now approx. $75...47% decline.

Topps 1 in Oct. 07 was $73...now $55...25% decline.

Topps 2 upon release was $31...now $21.50...31% decline.

Topps Update in Nov. 07 was $55...now $40...27% decline.

UD Goudy in Aug. 07 was $109...now $75...31% decline.

UD SPA in Nov. 07 was 103...now $46...55% decline.

I could go on and on, but surely you get the picture.

We all know that licensed cards have been and still are more popular than unlicensed cards. We also know that baseball products are generally more popular around the start of baseball season. Sportkings is a product that I believe will be more collectible in the future simply because of it's nature.

There is a time and place for every product. Some of them are immediately upon release and then whimper away. Some of them are hottest when rookies make their pro debuts. And some of them age like a fine wine. That's the category where I believe Sportkings belongs...in the fine wine category.
Well here from Wheeler is the ultimate "spin job" as he likes to call it. Your taking ALL TIME HIGH prices from products and posting them. How about taking dealer cost as I was with Sport Kings. Since you want to go that route, isnt it interesting Sport Kings comes out and immediately goes down? Why doesnt it ever go up in value out of the gate?

Since Wheeler asked about winning Sport Kings breaks, Kakman seems to have opened the most and he was a loser in the breaks. I was comparing wax prices of Sport Kings and Tribute, Threads etc not singles sales. My point being, Dr Price SEALED products appears to carry ZERO long term investment potential across the board.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakman View Post
Since my name was mentioned.....

I lost at least 50% on cases of Topps Chrome baseball, The Cup, NT Football this year.

I made money on 33 cases of Razor Poker and have a complete Gold /25 set and about 20 other cards in my PC.

On 20 cases of Sportskings D - I have lost about $2,000 or about 15% of the total purchase, fun ripping and have a complete set of D and near complete Mini set and Jack Nicklaus Gold /5 Auto in my PC. Taking this into account I may have lost $1200 or less than 10% with lots of fun ripping.

I strayed, gambled and tried a case of Sportsking B and lost $650/$900

I lost more on three mainstream sportcases than I did on the other 53 cases combined

Just bought a case of 2009 Exquisite Football, we'll see tomorrow
Imagine what your numbers would have looked like had you bought Sport Kings D at the original $90 a box price tag? Wheeler likes to compare your numbers with the inflated Topps products of 2010, well why not add the inflated $90 Sport Kings to the mix. Whats more amazing sir WHeeler is the fact this guy didnt buy any of it at $90 because it was an obvious MAJOR loss. Even at a 35% decline its a nice loss.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Well here from Wheeler is the ultimate "spin job" as he likes to call it. Your taking ALL TIME HIGH prices from products and posting them. How about taking dealer cost as I was with Sport Kings. Since you want to go that route, isnt it interesting Sport Kings comes out and immediately goes down? Why doesnt it ever go up in value out of the gate?

Since Wheeler asked about winning Sport Kings breaks, Kakman seems to have opened the most and he was a loser in the breaks. I was comparing wax prices of Sport Kings and Tribute, Threads etc not singles sales. My point being, Dr Price SEALED products appears to carry ZERO long term investment potential across the board.
You're the one that started the "spin job" phrase, not I.

SK A was released in the Fall of 2007. I was taking prices of those products at or near the same time that SK A released. I was doing my best to have an accurate comparison even though I was using licensed baseball products, and this is baseball season. Your lovely products would show much worse declines if we were out of baseball season.

Here's something else you apparently don't know anything about...When SK D released, sales weren't as low as they are now. In fact, there were big multi-master case breakers that came out ahead in July of 2010 at release pricing, and that is a fact. You just don't know the facts, even though you try so very hard to make us believe you do.

You can continue this conversation until you're blue in the face or bloody on your finger tips, and you will still post inaccurate information because your knowledge is lacking.

Furthermore, you say you're comparing sealed wax prices, not singles sales...so let me ask you this...If sealed wax prices are higher with those mainstream products, yet breakers lose more money with them than unlicensed stuff, does your argument have any merit at all?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Imagine what your numbers would have looked like had you bought Sport Kings D at the original $90 a box price tag? Wheeler likes to compare your numbers with the inflated Topps products of 2010, well why not add the inflated $90 Sport Kings to the mix. Whats more amazing sir WHeeler is the fact this guy didnt buy any of it at $90 because it was an obvious MAJOR loss. Even at a 35% decline its a nice loss.
Had he bought SK D at the original release price and sold those singles at release, he would not have the loss you so unintelligently want so badly to claim.

And I will say it again...does your argument have any merit what-so-ever when your glorified licensed products are bigger losers at their current price points?

I'll be anxiously waiting for your next unintelligent fact-lacking post. I think you're about to realize you shouldn't have started this, "I'm not picking on you" BS.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 15,197
Default

How the hell did a ali break turn into another sk debate
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
How the hell did a ali break turn into another sk debate
Look no further than post #89 in this thread, and you will find you answer.

I'm happier than a coon dog on a bare leg knowing he wasn't actually "picking on me".
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,226
Default

Because you have a guy in Wheeler who avoids and spins reality with Dr Price products. It started with him spinning Ringside boxing as a great rising product when the fact is the product is WAY below cost at this point. Then Wheeler wants to insinuate that Series D Sport Kings are providing winning breaks even though Kakman, who has opened and posted the most case break has lost money. I also have lost money on 30 boxes. Next you have Wheeler wanting to compare wax history of Sport Kings against mainstream product which is a complete joke considering ALL Sport Kings releases are below cost. This can be debated on MANY levels. Since Sport Kings have basketball, should I compare Sport Kings to 08/09 Basketball products and post prices? 07/08 Basketball? Instead Wheeler wants to post ALL TIME HIGH baseball product prices from 2007. Why not atleast post factory cost instead of all time highs before working your percentages? Id say because you want to spin in your favor. The VAST majority of the sports card market does not collect this stuff or it wouldnt be sitting in warehouses and only selling when a promo is given away with it. No rookies, no license = No future value. I believe the same for all the UD collegiate products as well. How can this be proven? Simple, look at Sport Kings Series A,B,C,D.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Look no further than post #89 in this thread, and you will find you answer.

I'm happier than a coon dog on a bare leg knowing he wasn't actually "picking on me".
If you consider pointing out reality to be picking on you, then so be it. You were riding high for a few weeks thinking people loved this product and that it would become rare and rise in value. None of that happened. Reality is, the majority of buyers LOST money even when the product is 35% below where it started.
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
If you consider pointing out reality to be picking on you, then so be it. You were riding high for a few weeks thinking people loved this product and that it would become rare and rise in value. None of that happened. Reality is, the majority of buyers LOST money even when the product is 35% below where it started.
You're misinformed again if you think the majority of those that busted SK D for the promo that posted their breaks in this forum lost money. Why am I being specific to only those breaks you may ask? Because that's where the majority of this is stemming from. Most of those guys that bought SK D during that promo made money.

I will venture to say that you made money on some of your slots buying into that promo as well. If you didn't, it's probably because your decisions weren't as good as those that made money.

If you claim you lost money, let's see the break out of what you bought and sold for the promo "per slot". This should be a LOT of fun.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Because you have a guy in Wheeler who avoids and spins reality with Dr Price products. It started with him spinning Ringside boxing as a great rising product when the fact is the product is WAY below cost at this point.
That a boy! I love the "at this point" part of your last sentence. Way to leave yourself an out when the product climbs higher. I can tell that you're starting to waiver in your beliefs. Are you finally starting to see the light?

"Now we're getting somewhere"!
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:02 AM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
That a boy! I love the "at this point" part of your last sentence. Way to leave yourself an out when the product climbs higher. I can tell that you're starting to waiver in your beliefs. Are you finally starting to see the light?

"Now we're getting somewhere"!
The product isnt going to go higher. Neither are Sportkings A-D. You have made comments about today not being the future in this thread. For a product like Series A, isnt 4 years later the future? The product is still below cost. I could go on and on with the others but wont since I have already done so. When all is said and done, we arent going to agree on this topic because you dont want to view todays Sport Kings prices are credible and instead you prefer to bank on the "future" to tell us how the products will do. If the past 4 years are any indication, it doesn't look good. There isnt a chance Price would release a Series E considering the other 4 have bombed would he?
__________________
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Imagine what your numbers would have looked like had you bought Sport Kings D at the original $90 a box price tag? Wheeler likes to compare your numbers with the inflated Topps products of 2010, well why not add the inflated $90 Sport Kings to the mix. Whats more amazing sir WHeeler is the fact this guy didnt buy any of it at $90 because it was an obvious MAJOR loss. Even at a 35% decline its a nice loss.
The singles sold for much more when it come out than they do now, which is normal as people complete their sets. So looking back I wish i would have paid $90 a box when it first came out.
__________________
Peter Jetten (Poker) & David Duval Super Collector
kakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.