Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Leaf Muhammad Ali 12 Box Case

Well. No Ali Cut or Auto. Still not the most AWFUL case out there to be honest. Wasn't happy, but wasn't angry either. Don't understand why the 1/1s are event worn and not fight worn.

8 Event Worn #d /60 (7 Black, 1 White Swatch)
2 Event Worn #d /20 (Leather Swatch)
1 Event Worn #d 1/1
1 Printing Plate Card #42 Yellow Plate

Autograph Highlights:
Joe Frazier
Mickey Rourke
Hulk Hogan
Magic Johnson #d /25

Full breakdown coming later today along with Scans. Going to list the Event worns as a lot on eBay more than likely. Looking forward to UPS showing up at 5:30 with my Ringside KO case. Hopefully I can make up for the Ali auto in there.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default I had hopes for Leaf Ali but...

Seeing the breaks and amount of event used in Leaf is making me realize how nice the Ringside KO product really is. Other than a couple of celebrities in Leaf, Ringside has a way better auto checklist.

IMHO,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
Seeing the breaks and amount of event used in Leaf is making me realize how nice the Ringside KO product really is. Other than a couple of celebrities in Leaf, Ringside has a way better auto checklist.

IMHO,
VinnyH

Agreed. The BOXERS in the BOXING set are much better in Ringside KO, which is why I am looking forward to opening my case I got from Blowouts weekend sale today.

I wish the 1/1s in Ali were all fight worn. If it is going to be event worn it at least needs to be a patch or something.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Agreed. The BOXERS in the BOXING set are much better in Ringside KO, which is why I am looking forward to opening my case I got from Blowouts weekend sale today.

I wish the 1/1s in Ali were all fight worn. If it is going to be event worn it at least needs to be a patch or something.
You are missing the point of your 1 of 1. All cards have a 1 of 1 parallel - you were just very lucky to get one - it happened to be of an event-worn that is normally numbered to 60. Should be a $150-$200 card easy if you list in as a fixed price listing.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am not missing any point of my 1-1. I know what it is worth. My point is with all the event worn stuff being numbered to 60, 20 ect ect the 1/1s should ALL be fight worn, or should ALL be nice patches. I saw a everlast patch pulled from the /60 set. Why should a /60 be nicer than a 1/1? It isn't really that hard to just dictate to the printers what swatches go into what cards.

I wasn't "lucky" to pull one either. I spent a lot of money on a case, and every case I have seen has had a 1/1, so it isn't luck, it is just odds
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
I am not missing any point of my 1-1. I know what it is worth. My point is with all the event worn stuff being numbered to 60, 20 ect ect the 1/1s should ALL be fight worn, or should ALL be nice patches. I saw a everlast patch pulled from the /60 set. Why should a /60 be nicer than a 1/1? It isn't really that hard to just dictate to the printers what swatches go into what cards.

I wasn't "lucky" to pull one either. I spent a lot of money on a case, and every case I have seen has had a 1/1, so it isn't luck, it is just odds
disagree with everything you just said, but such is life
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

My first case didn't have a 1/1 if it's any consolation..........But I did get 2 fight worn /5's out of it.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
My first case didn't have a 1/1 if it's any consolation..........But I did get 2 fight worn /5's out of it.

Chip,
Congrats, I would have traded both my 1/1s for two fight worns...and my entire case for an Auto lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post

IMHO,
VinnyH
100% dead on
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote