Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default One box of 2012 Press Pass Legends racing.

Ive been cutting back on breaking wax, but couldnt resist this one. I got the OK from the wife, something i do pretty much every time i buy a box. The bonus foil pack (which is packed on the outside of the box) was obviously a lot thicker than the others. I figured it was an extra hit, and it was. Nothing to write home about, as i expected, but it was still nice to get. It was a Bud Moore Famed Fabrics 2 color relic. (blue and white) #ed 17/25. The pack also included a rainbow foil card of Don Garlits #ed 29/50.

One of the things I like about Racing cards is Press Pass. I assume that they are smaller than Topps UD and Panini, which would make customer service a bit easier. Their customer service is incredible. I had a question about one of the hits i got. I called them up, and in no more than five minutes, i had a live customer service rep on the line, who cheerfully, answered my question. She was also able to help with a damaged card i pulled a while back.

Another thing i like, is the wording on the relics. It distinctly says race used relic from (driver on the card). The Bud Moore says authentic worn shirt.

This year, like last is packed into 3 mini boxes, with 6 packs per box. Each mini box has one auto and one memorabilia card. Here are the results:

Gold foil /275:
Bill Elliott
Jeff Burton
Dale Earnhardt JR
Carl Edwards
Tom 'the mongoose' McEwen
Larry McReynolds

Red foil /99:
Danica Patrick
Kyle Busch
Richard Petty 01/99

Relic cards:
John Force Pieces of History Race Used Boot 094/199
Kevin Harvick Prominent Pieces triple relic (firesuit, shoe, glove) #ed 42/50
Geoffrey Bodine Pieces of History Race Used Glove #ed 02/10

Autos:
Bobby Allison Trailblazers on card Auto #ed 60/99
Larry Cook on card Auto #ed 11/75
Dale Jarrett on card Auto #ed 070/150
Inscribed "1993 Daytona 500 Winner"

As a Jarrett fan I was extremely happy with this pull. None of the others that have surfaced on Ebay are inscribed. The rep couldn't tell me exactly how many were inscribed, but that a checklist of the different inscriptions and their numbering would be available soon.

I enjoyed the break. While I didnt get anything insanely valuable, i didnt feel like i had one broke off in me after i spent 140.00. The cards are all in great shape, even the thick ones. The base design looks good and so do the inserts. I will definitely be breaking more racing products in the future. Thanks for the read.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congrats! Especially if you're a Jarrett fan! There are a total of 7 cards short-printed with your inscription: 4 silver, 1 gold, 1 holo, 1 blue. Hope this helps!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks Stryke. wheree did you find that info? Press Pass will usually release it, but they havent yet (at least on their website)