Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 3 Box Card Pulls of 2012 SportKings Series E

For Blackfriday on Blowout, I purchased the 3 boxes (maximum number of boxes) of SportKings during the doorbuster sale.

These are the pulls:

The Bjorn Borg jersey autograph and Isiah Thomas jersey autograph are both the Silver versions.

Could someone give me a price check on these cards?

And if anyone are interested in any of the cards, let me know.

Thanks.
neblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry.

Still love those base cards though!
CheathamHill on ToppsBunt app
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Book values are as follows:

Walton - $15
Borg - $30
Thomas - $25

Borg letter - $12
Wells letter - $12
Rose letter - $12

Robinson mini - $12
Alomar mini $12
Mizerak mini -$12

Sale value is a different story. Those letter cards are common, and don't do that well. The minis will do better later on. They are rarer than people think, but right now they don't sell well either.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

I checked ebay, and saw that the Bjorn Borg has sold for $59.95.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bjorn-Borg-2...item4abb8f598a

Last edited by neblee; 12-06-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neblee View Post
I checked ebay, and saw that the Bjorn Borg has sold for $59.95.

Bjorn Borg 2012 Sportkings E Autograph Auto Memorabilia Silver Card 40 Am BBO1 | eBay
Yep. Book values rarely tell the whole story.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm curious to know what source (reference) you use for the book values of these cards.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm curious to know what source (reference) you use for the book values of these cards.
The number 1 source in the BV market...Beckett. I used their online price guide.

Do you not believe me?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Book values are as follows:
Thomas - $25

Sale value is a different story.
On ebay the Isiah Thomas sells for roughly around $8 to $20, which is below book value, but don't have the same say about the Bjorn.

Last edited by neblee; 12-07-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
The number 1 source in the BV market...Beckett. I used their online price guide.

Do you not believe me?
You misunderstand. I never said I didn't believe you. I was just curious to know where you referenced the pricing.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
You misunderstand. I never said I didn't believe you. I was just curious to know where you referenced the pricing.
That's why I asked.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
That's why I asked.
Besides, Beckett is old and dead now. People aren't going to pay book price for most of the cards. The value now is usually based on how much people are willing to pay, player performance, supply/demand.

The more reliable source is eBaY IMHO, but then eBaY pricing isn't book pricing, and it's a BIG ? mark where Beckett finds it's pricing.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Besides, Beckett is old and dead now. People aren't going to pay book price for most of the cards. The value now is usually based on how much people are willing to pay, player performance, supply/demand.

The more reliable source is eBaY IMHO, but then eBaY pricing isn't book pricing, and it's a BIG ? mark where Beckett finds it's pricing.
In my post, I gave you "book value". Ebay does not give anyone "book value" as a reference. I don't know any other publication out there that gives you a better book value than Beckett. I went further to state "sales value" is different than BV. If you think Beckett is "old and dead now", you don't fully understand this hobby.

The value you speak of above has always been based on what people are willing to pay. It's been this way before Beckett, during Beckett, and will be there long after Beckett. That's why I said sales value is different than BV.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Nice of Wheeler to take the time to post the book values of all those cards for the OP.. I hope he is appreciative since he asked for the favor.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

I just joined this forum yesterday, and it seems like the crowd here is not as friendly as I expected.

I am appreciative, but I am also not trying to start an argument.

But when you read from post to post from the beginning, it sounds like the replies after I asked in regards to the reference(source) for the book value of the cards was meant to "aggravate" me.

Wheeler started by asking "Do you not believe me?" as his post. Was that question supposed to be aggravating or just a simple question? I'm not sure what the intent was, but it seemed like it fueled this discussion up, which I apologize if it's wrong on my end.

And in regards to Beckett and ebay, I'm just giving my honest opinion about the situation with cards.

I don't mean any harm, and if this is just a simple misunderstanding, I apologize.

Last edited by neblee; 12-07-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Book value? You boys funny!
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Look, you asked this:

Quote:
Could someone give me a price check on these cards?
I was one of the first to respond giving you the BV of every single card, (which rarely ever happens).

Then you state this among other things:

Quote:
The value now is usually based on how much people are willing to pay, player performance, supply/demand.

The more reliable source is eBaY IMHO...
If you already knew where to look to get the pricing you were hoping to find, why did you ask?

Look at my join date, post count and feedback. They might be a good indicator that I don't need a pricing lesson by someone that was asking for help in the first place.

I was completely trying to be 100% helpful. Once you started looking up sales prices for yourself and asking where I found the BVs, (which it's standard in the hobby to look towards Beckett whether you think so or not), it looked as if you didn't believe me. That's why I asked. I meant nothing more or less than exactly what my question asks.

If you think people in this forum aren't as friendly as you hoped, perhaps you should try harder to be more friendly. Trust me, that would be a good start.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Look, you asked this:

I was one of the first to respond giving you the BV of every single card, (which rarely ever happens).

Then you state this among other things:

If you already knew where to look to get the pricing you were hoping to find, why did you ask?

Look at my join date, post count and feedback. They might be a good indicator that I don't need a pricing lesson by someone that was asking for help in the first place.

I was completely trying to be 100% helpful. Once you started looking up sales prices for yourself and asking where I found the BVs, (which it's standard in the hobby to look towards Beckett whether you think so or not), it looked as if you didn't believe me. That's why I asked. I meant nothing more or less than exactly what my question asks.

If you think people in this forum aren't as friendly as you hoped, perhaps you should try harder to be more friendly. Trust me, that would be a good start.
I just started card collecting about a month ago at max, after not collecting for over 10 years, so I wasn't sure what to expect from today's card market, unlike the days when Beckett had the best card values, and people would rely on Beckett as a first hand source for their prices.

Nowadays with internet and forums and ebay auctions, etc, the prices are more leaned towards those sources, but I still wanted to know the current source for the book value.

Who knows, the book value might have changed since I started picking back up cards again.

A good friend of mine introduced me to this forum and this site, weeks ago, and I didn't join this forum til a day or so ago. I bought a lot of cards on black friday but wasn't sure about the true value, if that makes any sense.

So comparing prices with ebay and the book value were a little confusing on my end.

Join date, post count, and feedback only justify that you are most accurate and very experienced, but doesn't constitute your personality. No offense to you in any regard, but reputation as a dealer or seller doesn't measure a person.

When you stated,

"Once you started looking up sales prices for yourself and asking where I found the BVs, (which it's standard in the hobby to look towards Beckett whether you think so or not), it looked as if you didn't believe me."

I have every right to look up the prices on ebay. Am I not entitled to it? I never thought about Beckett because I thought it was old and nowadays there are other venues to check, so it's not a case of whether I didn't believe you, but what the current standard book value guide is, which is still Beckett, apparently.

And in regards to the friendliness of the forums, it has nothing to do with me trying to be more friendly on my end, but should rather focus on the conduct of current and senior members treating newcomers such as myself and future forum members.

This discussion isn't really getting anywhere. It's our stubbornness that is heating it up.

Last edited by neblee; 12-07-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I have every right to look up the prices on ebay. Am I not entitled to it?
Of course you are. I never said otherwise. My point, which has been completely misunderstood was...if you know how to look up the values for yourself, why ask for help?

Quote:
And in regards to the friendliness of the forums, it has nothing to do with me trying to be more friendly on my end, but rather focus on how you treat newcomers such as myself and future forum members.
What do you think I was trying to do by coming in your thread and offering to help right off the bat? My first post was nothing but polite and helpful. At least that was 100% my intention. Maybe you should try to not get so offended thinking everyone's not being friendly.

Quote:
This discussion isn't really getting anywhere. It's our stubbornness that is heating it up.
I'm not heated. I'm still trying to help you out.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)

Ok, I'm glad that you are still being helpful, so thanks.