Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Sorry to all those who break this stuff, but it was simply a brilliant move by upper deck to make a small fortune on this crap. After the Exquisite basketball release and the Jordan per case promotion they gave everyone the idea that this would be similar in nature and breakers would get a high end auto per case. NOOOOOOPE! They played everyone with this stuff.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

So sorry to hear about the horrible breaks. I hope Upper Deck makes things right with you!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

When a company is busy promoting signing guys like Hulk Hogan and Kelly Slater, you know what you are getting into.

This is the low point for UD, they jacked up the price of this product so they could it stuff with autos of the only legitimate players they have like MJ, Lebron, Woods, and Gretzky.

Then they realized oh crap it's too obvious to just have them in it so they filled it out with good athletes from sports nobody cares about.

Just like that you have All-Time Greats aka All-Time Fails. This actually wouldn't be as terrible if the price wasn't so insane, but because they they make so little money now compared to before and have to pay so much to certain guys to keep them exclusive, it's way too expensive
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/

Last edited by friarbolt; 12-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_boi View Post
Ugh i have a 6 box case sitting here...want it lisa it be cheap...also how did you do on the draft cases?
My case of draft was so so - I posted it earlier. Go read. I don't want the 6 box case!
lisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #30 (permalink)

I'd be a buyer for Kelly Slater as well, if things don't work out with UD. I've been setting his prices on ebay as the majority buyer, so you know my offer would be solid
HIGH END VHTG:: http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/akarlen2/library/
akarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Are Jordans rare? I havent seen many pulled from this
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcourtcards View Post
Are Jordans rare? I havent seen many pulled from this
Just wait for ATG basketball in April if you are after Jordan. There will be one Jordan per master case just like Exquisite.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrangerCollectr View Post
So sorry to hear about the horrible breaks. I hope Upper Deck makes things right with you!
What is UD supposed to make right? If a 3 box mini case had 3 Jordans would you send them back 2? Exquisite had a guaranteed Jordan auto/6, this stuff is 'try your luck'. Heck bad collation goes both ways, I opened waay too many Triple Threads Football boxes and my 1/1 from a nine box case($1600 and NO ebay worthy cards) was a Ben Jarvis printing plate. So I give up disgustedly and in a diff. case a guy gets a 1/1 "Leather" Andrew Luck triple patch auto AND a 1/1 NFL shield (non auto) Dez Bryant in the same box of Triple Threads! Win some lose some..
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #34 (permalink)

For 350 a box

it should be

Jordan
Lebron
Gretzky
Tiger
Crosby
Jeter.... Where the hell is jeter... To good to sign cards?
Nicklaus
Palmer
Tyson
Rice
Barry sanders

Kidding me with rose annika slater petty etc...
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
For 350 a box

it should be

Jordan
Lebron
Gretzky
Tiger
Crosby
Jeter.... Where the hell is jeter... To good to sign cards?
Nicklaus
Palmer
Tyson
Rice
Barry sanders

Kidding me with rose annika slater petty etc...
If they put all high-end names into the product, wouldn't this stuff be $1000+ a box? Let's be realistic. If every box had a monster hit, that wouldn't make any sense either. Not only would it be more expensive out of the gate, the demand would cause box prices to soar within a couple of days.

No doubt, 3 Slaters in one mini-box would be tough to swallow, but I think the break is pretty typical of any product. What product in the market gives you the return that some of you are expecting? There's only 20 signers in the whole product. Chances are, you're gonna get a few more less-desirable autographs than the big name hits.

And how can anyone say UD lied and tricked anyone to buy 15 boxes of anything?
clearblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #36 (permalink)

Default na

they should name all time gamble
benz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz35 View Post
they should name all time gamble
Ha! That's hilarious
clearblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

Guys, this stuff is no worse than Topps Sterling baseball- a $250 pack that usually yields about $30 of cards, but gives you an outside shot at some monsters.

Then again, Topps sterling baseball was one of the worst yield products of all time....
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #39 (permalink)

This is the sell sheet:

2012 Upper Deck All-Time Greats Sports Edition

No where does it say there are short printed signers, which we all know is the truth now. No where they advertise guarantee case hits, which again, we all know what they are now..

I break over $100k worth of boxes and cases per year. I know the deal, "you win some and you lose some"... That is the mentality that I have going into each break. But I also try to make the best decision on which product to break based on the information given.

I am not asking them to put a jordan/wood/gretzky in every case. I am asking them to be up front and honest on what they are selling. That is all. Let the customers know that there are short printed signer, let us know what some of the crappy case hits are. It is not that hard.

Four total slaters in 15 boxes is not a collation issue. It is there are more slaters/rose autos in the product... way more!! simple as that!!
wegoingsizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
This is the sell sheet:

2012 Upper Deck All-Time Greats Sports Edition

No where does it say there are short printed signers, which we all know is the truth now. No where they advertise guarantee case hits, which again, we all know what they are now..

I break over $100k worth of boxes and cases per year. I know the deal, "you win some and you lose some"... That is the mentality that I have going into each break. But I also try to make the best decision on which product to break based on the information given.

I am not asking them to put a jordan/wood/gretzky in every case. I am asking them to be up front and honest on what they are selling. That is all. Let the customers know that there are short printed signer, let us know what some of the crappy case hits are. It is not that hard.

Four total slaters in 15 boxes is not a collation issue. It is there are more slaters/rose autos in the product... way more!! simple as that!!
Keep your money away from UD, someone who spends as much as you actually has some pull to hurt their sales. It's the only way collectors will ever be heard.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/

Last edited by friarbolt; 12-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #41 (permalink)

Sorry you got slatered on your case break.

You shouldn't be surprised.

Someone who opens that much product should know that you get some good runs and some bad runs.

The good runs are usually towards the beginning of the product packing, where they are able to pack the cases with fair value. Towards the end of packing, when they realize they are running out of good 'case hits', but they still have the demand to sell sealed cases, they start filling up the remaining cases with leftover junk just so that they can sell more cases.

You got a bad tail-end run. Same thing happened with 2011 legendary cuts baseball.

I understand your complaints, but you should also understand after opening a hundred thousand dollars plus worth of cases a year that you aren't going to pull an equal number of RGIII and Luck autos as you are Egnew and Turbins. Topps never announced any print runs on their chrome products, and you get an uneven number of scrubs out of them as well, simply because their autographs are cheaper to obtain.

Save you 100k a year, and buy a t206 honus wagner, then you won't need to complain about the crappy product Ud is pooping out to us.

Yah, I was disappointed with my case break as well, but at least I stopped at 6 boxes....
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

So basically if the Bo Jackson auto was there and 2 of your Slaters were either Tiger, MJ, or Gretzky you'd be good right?
VOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #43 (permalink)

It seems the overall theme with these boxes is "play at your own risk". I have seen videos of people opening this product and it almost makes me cry. Doesn't seem like you could break even on these either. Sorry for your break.

Do you have any Donovan base for sale?
LaGalaxyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #44 (permalink)

I opened up a case of SP authentic football a couple years back and remember pulling 10 of the same autographed cards that are all from the same players and was missing a bunch of stuff. Years later and they are still the same old same old crap. I feel you man. 1500 down the drain.
hut_boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hut_boston View Post
I opened up a case of SP authentic football a couple years back and remember pulling 10 of the same autographed cards that are all from the same players and was missing a bunch of stuff. Years later and they are still the same old same old crap. I feel you man. 1500 down the drain.
Well said! Next year, they should put in redemptions for cases of 90-91 French Hockey. That stuffs Hot!, I heard they just completed their 154 printing of it
msu29 is offline   Reply With Quote