Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-sports-box-breaks/)
-   -   15 Boxes of UD All-Time Great "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!' (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/other-sports-box-breaks/409824-15-boxes-ud-all-time-great-what-have-i-done.html)

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 10:31 AM

15 Boxes of UD All-Time Great "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!'

Told myself 3 boxes at most, but again, failed to hear that person inside my head (or maybe I did and it was the wrong person...lol)... anyways, all I can do is laugh about the horrible break... If you don't want to throw up, please stop reading now!!!!

Here is the quick break down...

1 LBJ /7
1 Jerry Rice /20
1 Petty Book /30
1 Donovan PT /15
1 Sakic /50 (yeah...50, I said it)
1 Hogan /20
1 Orr /25 and 1 Orr book /20 I think
1 Rose /20 and 1 Rose PT /10
1 Bo Jackson book...

and the best part!!! here it comes!!!

4 Slater autos (3 of them in the case mini case!!! You hear it right, 3 in one mini case!!!!)

1 Dual force Aikman/Bo Jackson /15 but wait, it was missing Bo's autograph!!! That's right $325 premium product with missing on card autograph...

So..I got my nutz kicked, and a-hole is sore at the same time!!! My LCS is calling UD to make a complaint about the dual auto and the Slater case. Apparently another customer before me had 3 bo jackson in the same case... NICE!!!! We will see what UD says about that... The picture what loaded up on their facebook, but it was taken down in 10 mins...haha...

Oh, I also got Pete Rosed!!! If you haven't heard already, the top card of the pack is what you usually get as the auto... except when you get a MJ on top, it might be a Pete Rose Auto... and that is what happened to me as well as two other breaks that I know off...

I have spent way too much money with UD and they might have just lost me as a customer for life!!! This is what happens when you make your customer flush 4g down the toilet!!!

20 people on the checklist, but they failed to tell you that not all signers are equal odds... that is some BS...15 boxes I should have gotten 2 of either MJ, Gretzky, Tiger, or Tyson... but I got 4 Slater!!!woohoo:)!

WhacksPacks 12-06-2012 10:44 AM

Potential to be the worst product for the money of ALL TIME.
We've had a lot of those lately..
Panini Prime Cuts 2011 and 2012
Panini Cut Signature
Now this UD disaster
It would be a wonderful product at $150-199.99
It is a disgrace at $300-350

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=WhacksPacks;3764223]Potential to be the worst product for the money of ALL TIME.
We've had a lot of those lately..
Panini Prime Cuts 2011 and 2012
Panini Cut Signature
Now this UD disaster
It would be a wonderful product at $150-199.99
It is a disgrace at $300-350[/QUOTE]

Oh... I am not even going into that... I am just stating that UD really f'd up by screwing the customers in term of advertising the product, collation, QA and just mind f'd us:

1. 3 Slaters in one mini case, come on... that is a joke

2. Dual auto #'d 15 without a second auto?? this is on card, not a sticker..so when you get the cards back signed from the athlete, don't you check if the auto is on the card?? When you pack out the cards, don't you check the cards?? especially the set that you heavily promoted on your sell sheet??

3. Looks like there are short printed signers (Group A), but they never said anything being a SP on the sell sheet. The sell sheet makes it look like you have equal odds of getting all 20 signers... They can advertise 1 MJ per case of Exquisite to boost sales, but won't for SP signers for ATG.. that is unethical Business practice in my opinion...

4. Then the MJ on top and Pete Rose auto... they set up the sequence to have the top card as the same player as the auto... that is true in all players other than Jordan from what i've seen.. If I see a rose as the top card, I am already slightly disappointed, but now you kick me in the nutz harder by showing me MJ on top and then give me a Rose auto.. they did this on purpose and that is just sad... just mix up the base card with the autos so the customer doesn't "expect" a certain auto due to the top card... That was the cherry on top!!!

If all the things above were corrected, then I have no problem still paying 300 per box even though I will still be losing... At least I would have some fun, either 2 of the 4 big names to show for and a dual auto card that actually has 2 autos!!!!!

Orangejello727 12-06-2012 11:11 AM

Totally disgusting!!

I hope UD gets back to you and make things right. THere is noway you can bust 3+cases and not hit an MJ or Tiger/Gretzky. The slater case just puts it over the top period.

DaBaddestHic 12-06-2012 11:25 AM

God this stuff sounds horrible. Getting a Slater auto out of a $300 box is atrocious. I don't get why people buy products such as this.

champs 12-06-2012 12:21 PM

I got a Rose, Rose, Slater case...and then vomitted uncontrollably .. but if you thought there would be as many tiger, jordan, greatzky's as slaters and rose then you should check yourself, lol

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=champs;3764651]I got a Rose, Rose, Slater case...and then vomitted uncontrollably .. but if you thought there would be as many tiger, jordan, greatzky's as slaters and rose then you should check yourself, lol[/QUOTE]

Then UD should have stated that on the Sell Sheet like they have been doing in the past with all of the UD products... A-listed short print list and the odds... they've done this all the time with bk products.. deceptive business practice.. that is all I have to say....

lisu 12-06-2012 12:25 PM

I got lucky and got an Aikman auto 1/5 and a Landon Donovan auto /10. However, after reading what you said happened in your break - I'm glad I didn't rip anymore. OUCH!

strider_boi 12-06-2012 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=lisu;3764668]I got lucky and got an Aikman auto 1/5 and a Landon Donovan auto /10. However, after reading what you said happened in your break - I'm glad I didn't rip anymore. OUCH![/QUOTE]

Ugh i have a 6 box case sitting here...want it lisa :D it be cheap...also how did you do on the draft cases?

letsgohawks 12-06-2012 12:43 PM

ATG

I opened 1 box and pulled a Jordan/Bird dual auto to 10 the spx dual forces i guess for once i got lucky. Crazy if i would of read these post i would of never purchased it.

marinocollector 12-06-2012 12:46 PM

Sorry for the horrid break. Please let me know if you pulled any Marino's /99.

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 01:04 PM

My LCS called UD and here is what they said about the product...which I would have never opened if I knew the below.

Case hit (6box) would be ONE of the following, no wonder they didn't put this on the sell sheet:

Jerry Rice
Lebron
Jordan
Gretzky
Wood
SPX Force

So 3 of the 6 (maybe 4) case hits won't even pay for the BOX!!!! Also, add insult to injury... Here is the breakdown of my so case hit:

1 mini box SPx DUal force auto of Aikman/Bo Jackson /15 with missing auto (Orr and Hogan were the other hits)

1st full case was Lebron and Rice (Orr, Slater, Rose, Donovan were the other hits)

2nd full case...none... 3 K Slaters on one side, 1 Rose, 1 Petty, 1 Sakic on the other....

Not sure what they will do... at least they apologize for the missing auto on the SPx..my LCS owner is going to follow up with them and see what they will do...

Artchie 12-06-2012 01:49 PM

can i see the slater Autos I am interested

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=Artchie;3765086]can i see the slater Autos I am interested[/QUOTE]

3 of the 4 slaters are at Doc's.... The place in Bellmore... he can show them to you... I left them there in case UD wanted proof from him...LOL!!! Tell Doc Joe sent you...

Artchie 12-06-2012 01:56 PM

where is doc's I usually go to DCS honestly have no idea where docs is LOL

Mattsurewood 12-06-2012 01:59 PM

Best of luck Sizzler, that blows. I looked at the checklist on cardboardconnection..there is only one Pete Rose base card, and 7 Jordans...that is probably why we see the Jordan/Rose base/auto boxes...still not fair, and crazy with the overall QC, Slater/Rose should not be that heavily populated or even in the product..I feel very fortunate with my 6 box case after seeing everyones breaks.

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 02:00 PM

1069 Bellmore Avenue Bellmore, NY 11719

I don't go to DCS cause the owner (I heard he was a nice guy) gave me a look first time I went there and asked if the price incl tax... He made it sound like I was asking him to do something criminal... so after that, never went back... I got to Docs and Izzy at Tri-County... and if I need more, I go back to Queens at Montasy Comics in Forest Hills....

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Mattsurewood;3765145]Best of luck Sizzler, that blows. I looked at the checklist on cardboardconnection..there is only one Pete Rose base card, and 7 Jordans...that is probably why we see the Jordan/Rose base/auto boxes...still not fair, and crazy with the overall QC, Slater/Rose should not be that heavily populated or even in the product..I feel very fortunate with my 6 box case after seeing everyones breaks.[/QUOTE]

I understand there might be less Jordan auto than base.. but then don't pack the card where they are in sequence where player on top card = player auto..just mixed them all up.... not that hard...

they probably hand packed the boxes, and realized no more jordan autos left, so stick Rose instead... they never thought what the customer might think... and if they hand pack the boxes, I assume they hand packed the cases.... so how do they explain 3 slater in one mini case..or the other customer where 3 bo jackson in one mini case?? That is just lack of effort and QA in my opinion...

Mattsurewood 12-06-2012 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=wegoingsizzler;3765236]I understand there might be less Jordan auto than base.. but then don't pack the card where they are in sequence where player on top card = player auto..just mixed them all up.... not that hard...

they probably hand packed the boxes, and realized no more jordan autos left, so stick Rose instead... they never thought what the customer might think... and if they hand pack the boxes, I assume they hand packed the cases.... so how do they explain 3 slater in one mini case..or the other customer where 3 bo jackson in one mini case?? That is just lack of effort and QA in my opinion...[/QUOTE]

Agreed...by my 3rd box I figured box was a "theme" with the top player card having an auto...3 Slaters for close to a grand is criminal.

Whodey14 12-06-2012 02:19 PM

Id love to see some scans

MI Rob 12-06-2012 02:21 PM

"This is what happens when you make your customer flush 4g down the toilet."

How exactly did Upper Deck MAKE you buy their product?

Dacubs 12-06-2012 02:31 PM

after a few of those boxes, if you didn't realize you needed to stop, then you have a problem....

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=MI Rob;3765297]"This is what happens when you make your customer flush 4g down the toilet."

How exactly did Upper Deck MAKE you buy their product?[/QUOTE]

Sorry..let me correct that... "Trick your customer to flush 4g down the toilet"...you feel better now???

No one made me buy the product...I understand that...However, we all expect some type of return for our money when buying product (it could be monetary or satisfaction with the product).. Again, I am not saying I need to make my money back... but when someone tell me that the product has a 20 signer list (without mentioning if there were short prints) and I buy 15 boxes...A normal person would assume you probably get at least two of Jordan/Wood/Gretzky/Tyson... That is simple math...

They didn't disclose this on the sell sheet, and now we find out what the case hits are supposed to be?? again, deceptive business practice...

wegoingsizzler 12-06-2012 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Dacubs;3765347]after a few of those boxes, if you didn't realize you needed to stop, then you have a problem....[/QUOTE]

Not gonna deny that... :devil:

I hope you all understand it is not about the money...I have loss a lot of money breaking boxes... I do it for fun and meet great people during the process... but I still have some level of expectation when I spend my hard earned money...

oldgoldy97 12-06-2012 02:57 PM

Rough break. That's why UDs high-high-end (other than Cup or Exquisite) make me scratch my head.