Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!

I bought a couple cases of this stuff from Blowout when it released a while back and thought about sitting on them. With the winter storm that blew in this week, I got pretty bored and decided to bust them. I busted one last week and sent the cards to COMC. I hit 2 printing plate 1/1s, but that was about it. This 2nd case however, was much, much different!

I hit a total of eight 1/1s in this case along with a triple auto. Six of the 1/1s were printing plates, but one of them was Mr. Sting himself while another was a Scott Steiner base card "Then and Now". Here are the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-triple.jpg   TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-tna.jpg   TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-supereric.jpg   TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-shelley.jpg   TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-steiner.jpg  

TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-hemme.jpg   TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-borash.jpg   TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-aj-styles.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

And here's the Sting 1/1:
Attached Thumbnails
TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-sting.jpg   TNA Impact 24-Box Case Break...8 1/1s including STING!!!-sting.b.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Any idea what someone might pay for the Sting card?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Did you pull any base autographs of Kurt Angle?
If so and if they would be available shoot me a message.
Thanks.
travish_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by travish_21 View Post
Did you pull any base autographs of Kurt Angle?
If so and if they would be available shoot me a message.
Thanks.
I did, and I believe I pulled the dual with the female Angle. At least I think I did. I'm sorry, but they are already packaged up to be sent to COMC tomorrow. They'll be uploaded the first week in February I'm guessing.

Again, I'm sorry. I should have waited a couple of days.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Any idea what someone might pay for the Sting card?
First, nice pulls.

Trying to guess the price on the Sting is tough. There's a big market for his cards, but I'm not sure if the timing is good (economy, unemployment) for selling it and getting max value or not since it's a 1/1.

If you do sell it, would you let me know what you get? I pulled the Purple 1/1 Sting Dual bat/shirt from the 2009 Impact set back when it released (from a case I preordered right here at BlowoutCards!) that I've been sitting on due to not figuring I'd get the best value out of it right now. If I sell mine before you sell yours, I'll let you know what I wound up getting.

Congrats again on the nice pull!
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
First, nice pulls.

Trying to guess the price on the Sting is tough. There's a big market for his cards, but I'm not sure if the timing is good (economy, unemployment) for selling it and getting max value or not since it's a 1/1.

If you do sell it, would you let me know what you get? I pulled the Purple 1/1 Sting Dual bat/shirt from the 2009 Impact set back when it released (from a case I preordered right here at BlowoutCards!) that I've been sitting on due to not figuring I'd get the best value out of it right now. If I sell mine before you sell yours, I'll let you know what I wound up getting.

Congrats again on the nice pull!
Sure thing!

Since everything is on it's way to COMC, it will be a while before they are listed let alone sold. I'll definitely revisit this thread though and let you know here and/or via PM.

I was wondering where to start my listing at? Possibly $350 or more? I love the fact that it can sit there forever for only 1 penny per month until it sells, so I definitely don't want to under price it.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Nice Sting pull! As is the Rave/Hoyt/Hemme triple auto, even if Hemme is the only one still there. Did you happen to pull any Matt Morgan base? I could use some of his cards.
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure thing!

Since everything is on it's way to COMC, it will be a while before they are listed let alone sold. I'll definitely revisit this thread though and let you know here and/or via PM.

I was wondering where to start my listing at? Possibly $350 or more? I love the fact that it can sit there forever for only 1 penny per month until it sells, so I definitely don't want to under price it.
This thread or PM would be great and I'll do the same. I'm thinking this spring is when I may unload mine, or at least see about it.

$350 isn't unreasonable at all in my opinion. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see several $250 offers, so $350 could be just about right.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I did, and I believe I pulled the dual with the female Angle. At least I think I did. I'm sorry, but they are already packaged up to be sent to COMC tomorrow. They'll be uploaded the first week in February I'm guessing.

Again, I'm sorry. I should have waited a couple of days.
Ok. It is the only one I need to finish the autograph set. My brother pulled the purple Sting 1/1 autograph facepaint card from the 2009 IMPACT and sold it $300 I believe. Best option would be to put it on ebay at a high price and put best offer on it to see if anyone makes an offer. Good luck.
travish_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Nice Sting pull! As is the Rave/Hoyt/Hemme triple auto, even if Hemme is the only one still there. Did you happen to pull any Matt Morgan base? I could use some of his cards.
Here's one. If you need it, send me your address, and I'll get it in the mail either tomorrow or Monday. No charge...Merry Christmas.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
This thread or PM would be great and I'll do the same. I'm thinking this spring is when I may unload mine, or at least see about it.

$350 isn't unreasonable at all in my opinion. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see several $250 offers, so $350 could be just about right.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travish_21 View Post
Ok. It is the only one I need to finish the autograph set. My brother pulled the purple Sting 1/1 autograph facepaint card from the 2009 IMPACT and sold it $300 I believe. Best option would be to put it on ebay at a high price and put best offer on it to see if anyone makes an offer. Good luck.
I'll let you know when they're listed on COMC, so if I pulled one, that's where it will end up in about 8 weeks. Thank you for your opinion on the Sting 1/1. It's headed to COMC as well.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

That Scott Steiner card is awesome-I grew up in Bay City, MI, and my dad is good friends with his parents. Cool bio done on him on the card, very nice.
Hail2TheVictors is offline   Reply With Quote