Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
Exactly. A sketch card is not as rare as another Tiger Auto along with a Slambalaya combined. The sell sheet is not a clear as some are making it out to be. I have been contacted by two other people who had a similar situation. I HIGHLY doubt any box with a sketch will be worth more than ANY box without a sketch.

Working it out with UD currently. They are saying a "sketch is rarer" which is complete BS because they are numbered to 10. The only card that is numbered higher is the rookie patch to /25.
Are you serious? I posted the sells sheet. How can it be clearer? At this point you are just trying to get something for free. I honestly hope Upper Deck tells you to beat it.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

yeah pretty much down the checklist you got. Really have no case
Old 05-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

What's the over under on how many of those cards got dings/scratches on them why he was frantically looking for the hit that wasn't there?

20?
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
Exactly. A sketch card is not as rare as another Tiger Auto along with a Slambalaya combined. The sell sheet is not a clear as some are making it out to be. I have been contacted by two other people who had a similar situation. I HIGHLY doubt any box with a sketch will be worth more than ANY box without a sketch.

Working it out with UD currently. They are saying a "sketch is rarer" which is complete BS because they are numbered to 10. The only card that is numbered higher is the rookie patch to /25.
What are you whining about?

Are you trying to compare sales prices between one sketch auto versus an auto + sketch? Upper Deck DOESN'T CARE about secondary market value.

There are likely only 40-60 sketches in the entire product versus 140-160 total slambalayas and other misc. tiger autos.

UD decided that the sketches were worth the premium.

Next time do more research before opening a product.

You make it seem like you're just trying to get a free card.

I doubt the sketches will get a premium, they are numbered to 10 and don't look that great.

I would prefer to hit an auto/slambalaya box instead.

Last edited by hermanotarjeta; 05-16-2013 at 04:44 PM.
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

How can you spend that much for a product and not understand what you may or may not get when it is clearly outlined in the sell sheet?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post
There are likely only 40-60 sketches in the entire product versus 140-160 total slambalayas and other misc. tiger autos.
i thought it was only 10 sketches?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
i thought it was only 10 sketches?
Though I haven't seen a checklist, some of the sketches are duplicate images it appears, kind of like the goodwin champions presidential sketches. They are numbered to 10.

I'm just guessing there are maybe around 5 different sketches, with 10 copies of each?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

[QUOTE=hermanotarjeta;4900287]Look, one autographed sketch 1/1 is equivalent to one autograph plus one slambalaya insert.[QUOTE]

Not true, I would bet any Slambalaya with any auto from the set has higher value than just any sketch. By the way all the sketchs are numbered to 10, and are not 1 of 1's.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Tim

I think there are two different things going on here.

1.) the perception that the OP is trying to get a free card from UD when in reality he got what he was supposed to get.
2.) A completely legitimate criticism of the choice UD made when packing out the product to think that a (relatively speaking) lame sketch auto would be as valuable as another auto plus a slambalaya.

I agree with the OP that he got the shaft - one of 50 people who will come up short compared to the contents of the other 150 boxes. But OP - you are acting as if you should be compensated for this - if i bust a box of Bowman Jumbo bb and get three awful autos, that's the breaks - literally. I would not be expecting compensation because of it. If I opened a box and got only two autos, I'd have a legit gripe.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
2.) A completely legitimate criticism of the choice UD made when packing out the product to think that a (relatively speaking) lame sketch auto would be as valuable as another auto plus a slambalaya.
This is a legitimate gripe on just about every Upper Deck product, but it doesn't change the fact that he received what the sell's sheet indicated would be in a box. He was not short a hit as he is claiming.

And I believe the sketch autos will likely be as valuable as another auto and a slambalaya. The slambalaya cards seem to be selling in the $230 range so even if the sketch autos are the same value and a regular auto it's only a difference of $230. This is a $2500+ a box. To me a 10% difference in value on that box price isn't major, and really no one should complain about that.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Those cards were treated like they were opening a box of Score. Unbelievable.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
that's what I was thinking. were talking $5,000 dollars or more for 2 boxes this is serious stuff
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

There are 14 slambalaya

10 made of each
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #39 (permalink)

What's the big value in those Slamabayala inserts?
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
There are 14 slambalaya

10 made of each
Based on that there would be 60 of the Masterpieces sigs. That would make the Masterpieces sigs more than twice as hard to pull than the slambalaya plus another auto.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
Finally! Someone else noticed how this guy treats his cards.. Then he cries about a hit he didn't get?

lol
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
There are 14 slambalaya

10 made of each
good thing Tiger hasnt won any majors since 2008...this slambalya set would not be as SP
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #43 (permalink)

If you think it's obvious the OP did not get shafted, you're being obtuse. The way the sell sheet is structured, one could easily make a case that each bullet point is a separate guarantee: "1. base set, 2. 3 autographs, 3. sketch auto or Slambalaya, 4. Championship Gear." If it's as obvious as some of you say it is, why doesn't it read: "1. base set, 2. 2 autographs, 3. Slambalaya or additional autograph, 4. Championship Gear?" As someone who followed the release, I think UD was intentionally deceitful when it came to describing the box breakdown. I had a feeling they were double-counting some of the hits, so I waited until it released, and sure enough, they did. Like the OP, I would have assumed each bullet point was a separate guarantee (ie 3 autos and a Slam or 4 autos), and I would've felt wronged. I'm not saying you couldn't argue the other way, because it says, "three autographs per," but the document taken as a whole and considering prior practice is at-best ambiguous.

And anyone with any business sense whatsoever can clearly see that when you're hanging on by a thread as a company, you should not be pulling stuff like this with the customers willing to spend $3k/box on your products. It's a limited release of 200, and the people who bought this stuff should be taken care of by UD. They shouldn't feel slighted after spending that kind of money.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
that's what I was thinking. were talking $5,000 dollars or more for 2 boxes this is serious stuff
What's more, that's $5K dropped without understanding the sellsheet. Which I can see maybe, but if you don't care enough to read the sellsheet why would you care enough about one auto card?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
If you think it's obvious the OP did not get shafted, you're being obtuse. The way the sell sheet is structured, one could easily make a case that each bullet point is a separate guarantee: "1. base set, 2. 3 autographs, 3. sketch auto or Slambalaya, 4. Championship Gear." If it's as obvious as some of you say it is, why doesn't it read: "1. base set, 2. 2 autographs, 3. Slambalaya or additional autograph, 4. Championship Gear?" As someone who followed the release, I think UD was intentionally deceitful when it came to describing the box breakdown. I had a feeling they were double-counting some of the hits, so I waited until it released, and sure enough, they did. Like the OP, I would have assumed each bullet point was a separate guarantee (ie 3 autos and a Slam or 4 autos), and I would've felt wronged. I'm not saying you couldn't argue the other way, because it says, "three autographs per," but the document taken as a whole and considering prior practice is at-best ambiguous.

And anyone with any business sense whatsoever can clearly see that when you're hanging on by a thread as a company, you should not be pulling stuff like this with the customers willing to spend $3k/box on your products. It's a limited release of 200, and the people who bought this stuff should be taken care of by UD. They shouldn't feel slighted after spending that kind of money.
You might have a case if the Masterpiece sigs weren't specifically listed under the 3 autographs bullet. It is very obvious that the boxes contain three autos and no more. You are actually being the obtuse one here in your reading of the sells sheet by trying to read something into it that isn't there.

And your second point is silly. The people who buy these super high end products should know what they are buying.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings

Last edited by Chuck Bartowski; 05-16-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #46 (permalink)

Lost in all of this is the fact that the #18 St Andrews Flag is a BOSS.

Worst part are the many hands grabbing cards from the first box like they were Tootsie Rolls out of a piñata.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #47 (permalink)

You have absolutely zero claim with UD. Read the sell sheet, its as clear as day. Just because you didn't get a cut or an exquisite you feel like you should get more? Come on man grow up.

You got EXACTLY what the sales sheet says you will get.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post

Great post. The sell sheet is not clear cut if it was why didn't UD make it clear just like you stated. If so other people who got "shafted" like me wouldn't have contacted Upper Deck (more than a few), and it has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't get a deal breaker. The money is not a factor why would I buy the product if it was? Of course I read the sell sheet, and after seeing several breaks it is easy to think one would get a similar pack out in terms of breakdown. It's fine people will continue to disagree.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #49 (permalink)

It's not that complicated, the OP wants what we ALL want...

AT&T Commercial- It's Not Complicated

OP, just playin' with ya man
SKI...VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #50 (permalink)

Yah, right, like you wouldn't have opened the boxes even if you knew you wouldn't get an "extra hit" with the sketch autograph............next time just see some breaks before you crack, then you've got no one to blame but yourself.