Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #51 (permalink)

I don't ever get involved in these discussions/debates but I have to chime in here. OP, you are wrong. The sell sheet says you will get the following:
-complete base set (you got that)
-Three Tiger Woods autographs (you got that) *three (3) / a TOTAL of three autographs
-one slambalaya or masterpieces signature card (you got that) *It clearly says you get one or the other, NOT both
-one championship gear per box (you got that)

You got EXACTLY what was stated on the sell sheet. I understand the points you are trying to make but step back and reread the sell sheet. You should have no recourse (except of course to gripe about how you didn't get what you think is fair or wanted which is totally acceptable - in fact I'm pretty sure that's one purpose of these forums).

Further, and not that it should matter, as anyone who can read plain text should be able to see the sell sheet is in fact absolutely clear about what you get, but I am a lawyer. One who deals with contracts all day everyday and picks apart language and intent. Both the language and intent here on the sell sheet seem clear to me (and most everyone else here). Sorry to burst your bubble.

Commentary/analysis aside, I still think it's a great break. The pin flag is amazing and I actually like the sketch. Good luck with whatever you are trying to get.
sixtyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #52 (permalink)

Yea I'm blind...box 2 you guys said have 3 autos and a relic?
I only counted 2 auto.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #53 (permalink)

Ahh the flag has an auto...I got it.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #54 (permalink)

I was confused by the sell sheet as well. I assumed the worst and figured that the masterpiece auto would be included in the 3 autos. I definitely think the sell sheet is misleading, but at the end of the day the sell sheet actually delivered what it stated. This is quite the rarity these days
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfeet View Post
I don't ever get involved in these discussions/debates but I have to chime in here. OP, you are wrong. The sell sheet says you will get the following:
-complete base set (you got that)
-Three Tiger Woods autographs (you got that) *three (3) / a TOTAL of three autographs
-one slambalaya or masterpieces signature card (you got that) *It clearly says you get one or the other, NOT both
-one championship gear per box (you got that)

You got EXACTLY what was stated on the sell sheet. I understand the points you are trying to make but step back and reread the sell sheet. You should have no recourse (except of course to gripe about how you didn't get what you think is fair or wanted which is totally acceptable - in fact I'm pretty sure that's one purpose of these forums).

Further, and not that it should matter, as anyone who can read plain text should be able to see the sell sheet is in fact absolutely clear about what you get, but I am a lawyer. One who deals with contracts all day everyday and picks apart language and intent. Both the language and intent here on the sell sheet seem clear to me (and most everyone else here). Sorry to burst your bubble.

Commentary/analysis aside, I still think it's a great break. The pin flag is amazing and I actually like the sketch. Good luck with whatever you are trying to get.
Best post

I don't care how many cards you get in the case, both outcomes are the same according to what is written above, which means you got everything you are supposed to get

Last edited by Nutcracker33; 05-17-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Nutcracker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Regardless of the missed hit or not, the way you handled those cards is just horrible.
He honestly does that almost every box he opens
Brandon2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #57 (permalink)

He is 100% missing a hit. He is missing an auto. The Masterpieces #/10 does not count as one of the "Three" autos, it counts as the Slambalaya or Masterpiece per box. The way Upper Deck worded the sell sheet is very deceiving.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #58 (permalink)

I don't know why I'm surprised there are people who still believe he is missing a hit. When you order a $2500 product read the sells sheet carefully. There is almost no way they could have made it clearer that you receive three autos in each box.

I want to know why people believe that they should get an extra auto because they didn't hit a slambalaya. These are in no way equal to each other.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
I don't know why I'm surprised there are people who still believe he is missing a hit. When you order a $2500 product read the sells sheet carefully. There is almost no way they could have made it clearer that you receive three autos in each box.

I want to know why people believe that they should get an extra auto because they didn't hit a slambalaya. These are in no way equal to each other.
I thought the 3 Autos was as clear as day as well. Goes to show how people can read the exact same thing and see two different things.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
I thought the 3 Autos was as clear as day as well. Goes to show how people can read the exact same thing and see two different things.
Hey slick, look at the sell sheet again. In each bullet point, it describes what you get in each box:

First point - 80 card base set #/200 (he got that)
Second point - 3 Tiger Woods Autographs, with one being a memorabilia piece (he got that)
Third Point - 1 Slambalaya or Masterpieces Signature (he did not get that, but you guys say he did because you're counting the Masterpiece signature in the wrong group)
Fourth Point - 1 Triple Memorabilia (he got that)

He's owed a Slambalaya or another Masterpiece, end of story.

The reason you guys aren't seeing this correctly is because it's not your box or your money.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Hey slick, look at the sell sheet again. In each bullet point, it describes what you get in each box:

Second point - 3 Tiger Woods Autographs, with one being a memorabilia piece (he got that)
Third Point - 1 Slambalaya or Masterpieces Signature (he did not get that, but you guys say he did because you're counting the Masterpiece signature in the wrong group)

The reason you guys aren't seeing this correctly is because it's not your box or your money.
That isn't the case. To clarify even further they list the Masterpieces signatures under the 3 auto bullet. You are flat out wrong. People who are misreading this want to probably because they hate Upper Deck of which I'm not really a fan either, but they are in no way at fault here...I can only assume the American educational system is at fault or you are purposely misreading it.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Old 05-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post

Second point - 3 Tiger Woods Autographs
*Look for Hand painted Tiger Woods Masterpieces

Reading that lead me to believe the Hand painted Masterpieces was part of the the 3 autos considering it was right in the description.

Sorry I do not agree with your opinion.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
2013 Upper Deck Tiger Woods Master Collection Set Break
1 Piece of Autographed Tiger Woods Memorabilia
2 Additional Tigers Woods Autographs
1 Slambalaya or Masterpieces Signature Card
1 Championship Gear Memorabilia Card
80-Card Base Set
So in his box, you guys are 100% saying he got this, right?

Kyle, what do you think? Did he get all these?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #64 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

yes he got all listed
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
Tim

i was a tech writer for 12 years, majored in journalism with a 4.0, and i actually LIKE Upper Deck lately, and if I were writing or editing that blurb they provided I would have completely revamped it. It is MISLEADING and for those of you (many of whom I respect a great deal) who say otherwise, kudos to you for being able to decipher it.

Not a fan of the OP's tactics in bringing out this issue, but the fact is the sell sheet was VERY POORLY written.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #66 (permalink)

I still don't get what the confusion is- is the OP upset he didn't get 4 autographs in his box?

If they did that, how is it fair for the people who pull slambalayas, who only get 3 autos in the box?

It doesn't matter at this point- UD has breaks that are consistent throughout the print run.

The OP is likely in the group of collectors who would be upset they opened a pack of 09-10 exquisite BK or 11-12 the cup HK, got the case hit in their pack, but got a filler card in the pack, and would ask upper deck for their missing 6th card.

My suggestion is if you are so upset- stop buying Upper Deck, learn your lesson and move on. Leave this product to someone else who actually appreciates it and is less concerned about "flip-value". Sheesh!
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
i was a tech writer for 12 years, majored in journalism with a 4.0, and i actually LIKE Upper Deck lately, and if I were writing or editing that blurb they provided I would have completely revamped it. It is MISLEADING and for those of you (many of whom I respect a great deal) who say otherwise, kudos to you for being able to decipher it.

Not a fan of the OP's tactics in bringing out this issue, but the fact is the sell sheet was VERY POORLY written.
One easy way for upper to clarify this in the future would be to specifically mention in one easy sentence. Something like "If you pull a Tiger Woods sketch autograph, this will count as your third autographed hit".

Regardless, the OP did not make his purchase based on his perceived misinterpretation of the promotional material - he would have cracked the product anyways, so not much sympathy for him.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #68 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post
One easy way for upper to clarify this in the future would be to specifically mention in one easy sentence. Something like "If you pull a Tiger Woods sketch autograph, this will count as your third autographed hit".

Regardless, the OP did not make his purchase based on his perceived misinterpretation of the promotional material - he would have cracked the product anyways, so not much sympathy for him.
Agreed - I am NOT sympathizing with the OP. I am simply stating that it is not unreasonable to be confused at how UD worded that sell sheet content.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #69 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Cisco69;4901796][QUOTE=hermanotarjeta;4900287]Look, one autographed sketch 1/1 is equivalent to one autograph plus one slambalaya insert.
Quote:

Not true, I would bet any Slambalaya with any auto from the set has higher value than just any sketch. By the way all the sketchs are numbered to 10, and are not 1 of 1's.
The first completed auction for a sketch just sold for over $800.

Slambalayas sell for $200 and a booklet auto just sold for around $500.

What are you whining about again?

My quote was just pointing out the packout guidelines for Upper Deck- that's how they distributed the singles in the product- no one can guarantee secondary market value.

Last edited by hermanotarjeta; 05-17-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #70 (permalink)

I normally wouldn't throw my two cents in to a discussion like this... BUT

It's somantics. The sales sheet reads 3 autos - 1 slambalaya or Masterpiece - 1 Championship relic. from one POV he got everything he was supposed to, from another (OP's) he was shorted an auto. Obviously some people think the OP is in the wrong, sounds like the OP has some folks on his side as well.

If you read carefully, it does not specify that the masterpiece is inclusive OR exclusive from the three autos. The OP's gripe is reasonable. Lets look at it like this... If UD would have listed on their sales sheet like panini does, it'd be iron clad. For Example: 2012 Certified football, right on the box, says UP TO 4 auto/mem cards, at least 1 auto. that means you get 1 but can get up to 4. If their intent was to count the masterpiece as an auto (which i actually think they were) it should read more like "Tiger Master Collection 3 autos plus slambalaya or 3 autos including a masterpiece sketch." Problem solved.

Good Luck OP.

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/robchik04/library/?page=0
robchik04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #71 (permalink)

For anyone who agrees that the Upper Deck promotional material was misleading, do you really think the OP deserves another autographed card from upper deck, and if so, do the other 59 people who were "shorted" a hit deserve an extra hit as well?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
For anyone who agrees that the Upper Deck promotional material was misleading, do you really think the OP deserves another autographed card from upper deck, and if so, do the other 59 people who were "shorted" a hit deserve an extra hit as well?
of course not - i for one never said that. i said the writing of the promo material was vague and unclear. And misleading. (though i don't think intentionally - i just think incompetent writers.)
Old 05-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post

Heh, not poorly written. Well written. It's called a "sell sheet", not a "box manifest." It's marketing, not journalism.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Not only that, how would it be fair for the 140 people who pulled the Slambalaya card? Not only would they getting less value, but they would getting fewer autos. The whole argument is ridiculous.

And I honestly can not see how anyone could misinterpret the sells sheet. I also can not see how it is misleading. It could have been misleading had they not specifically listed the Masterpieces sigs under the 3 auto bullet, but even that would be a stretch.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
No, but my opinion regarding resolution doesnt mean squat because i didnt buy any of that stuff! Also, I never said UD mislead anyone. It's vague. THEY left themselves open for this. I simply said the OP's perspective was reasonable. I understand UDs intent. It was to make the hit of a materpiece skecth auto INCLUSIVE of the 3 autos they gaurantee. I think it's a fair observation by the OP that the 'intent' is not clearly spelled out.

Here's a fun example

If this were posted at a car dealer, how would you take it?

Random Car lots for sale $1Million gets you the following:

3 Ferraris
1 Lexus or Ferrari Limited Edition
1 Lambroghini

Are you telling me that you CAN NOT read this in a way where you would think you'd get 4 Ferraris?

So, OP... Do I agree you got shorted? No. Do i think you are a _____ for trying to sight that UD shorted you a hit? No. More power to you if you get an extra card out of it, and lesson learned for upperdeck. Do I think you have a good shot at getting the resolution you want? I'd say it's 50/50 or better. Best of luck.

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/robchik04/library/?page=0

Last edited by robchik04; 05-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
robchik04 is offline   Reply With Quote