Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case

I was hoping for a Ronaldo Auto or a Cut Auto. While I didn't get either of those I did get a beautiful 1/1 Art Card.
The Anthology 1972 Dolphins Cards are some of the best looking auto cards I've seen from any product.
I was disappointed with 2/3 Body of Work cards I pulled. Roger Clemens was a one-color swatch with average art work and Tony Dorsett Art was, in my opinion, very poor. The Gretzky Body of Work was by far the best. Great player, great memorabilia, great art work.
3 Gold Minis was nice, but only pulled 2 Gold Memorabilia and 1 Gold Auto.

Everything will be for sell, except I might be redeeming some Premium Backs.

1 Base Set

1 "Sportkings" Set
Need 2 'R's for 2 more sets

20/48 Minis

3 Gold Minis (Print Run = 3)

Jack Ham
Pedro Martinez
Conrad Anker

Single Memorabilia

Wade Boggs
Pedro Martinez
Shaquille O'Neal
Scottie Pippen
Mariano Rivera (pinstripe)
Susan Cohen
Kerri Strug
Julio Cesar Chavez
Tito Ortiz
Kristi Yamaguchi

Quad Memorabilia

Ric Flair / Tito Ortiz / Julio Cesar Chavez / Superstar Billy Graham

Decads 1970s Quad

Gordie Howe / Bob Hayes / Brooks Robinson / Reggie Jackson

Four-Sport Quad

Fernando Valenzuela / Scottie Pippen / Bob Hayes / Tito Ortiz

Game Gear

Pete Rose

Double Memorabilia

Frank Thomas / David Ortiz
Scottie Pippen / Shaquille O'Neal
David Robinson / Shaquille O'Neal

Cityscapes

David Ortiz / Pedro Martinez

Triple Memorabilia

David Ortiz / Brooks Robinson / Frank Thomas

Numerology

Scottie Pippen

Double Memorabilia Gold

Ric Flair / Superstar Billy Graham

Single Memorabilia Gold

Shaquille O'Neal

Autographs

Conrad Anker
Tommy Hearns
Jean Cruguet
Lenny Moore
Clyde Drexler
Frank Gifford
Fernando Valenzuela
Olga Korbut
Tito Ortiz
Frank Thomas
Ric Flair
Jack Ham
Shaquille O'Neal
Scottie Pippen

Gold Auto

Brooks Robinson

Auto Memorabilia

Clyde Drexler
Kristi Yamaguchi
Mariano Rivera

Anthology 1972 Dolphins Autos

Bob Griese
Manny Fernandez
Don Shula
Larry Little

Body of Work Art/Memorabilia

Roger Clemens
Tony Dorsett
Wayne Gretzky

1933 Sportkings Art Card

Eddie Shore
Attached Thumbnails
Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0020.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0022.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0041.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0042.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0043.jpg  

Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0044.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0051.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0052.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0053.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0058.jpg  

Last edited by harvey57; 08-03-2013 at 07:09 PM.
harvey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

congrats harvey on the Body of Work Art

can you give me number on the back of them for information ?

friendly

damien

http://argentino1986.weebly.com/
argentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentino View Post
congrats harvey on the Body of Work Art

can you give me number on the back of them for information ?

friendly

damien
Clemens - 45
Dorsett - 311
Gretzky - 127
Old 08-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

That's a beauty old time hockey Eddie Shore pull!
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

I will take a price on your Anthology autos please.

Thanks,
scott
Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Could I get pics and prices on your Drexler & Rivera auto/memorabilia cards please.
torey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

PMs Sent with prices to everyone who requested them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torey69 View Post
Could I get pics and prices on your Drexler & Rivera auto/memorabilia cards please.
Here are the scans.
Attached Thumbnails
Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0038.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0039.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0040.jpg   Sportkings Series F 48 Box Master Case-sportkings-hits_0005.jpg  

Last edited by harvey57; 08-03-2013 at 07:00 PM.
harvey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

I am interested in some of your rarer cards. I'll be back home from the National Sunday evening. Maybe we can work a deal this week?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 08-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

LMK if moving the premium backs. Thanks!
RefractorsEtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

thought I didn't do to good, pulled 3 Dolphins 72 autos from 8 boxes and a Yamaguchi gold patch auto. you only got 4 Dolphins autos, interesting
champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champs View Post
thought I didn't do to good, pulled 3 Dolphins 72 autos from 8 boxes and a Yamaguchi gold patch auto. you only got 4 Dolphins autos, interesting
I pulled 2 Dolphin Autos in each of the first two 16-box cases and then 0 in the last one. I haven't seen another case break that pulled 0 Dolphins Autos.

I don't mind the randomness of Sportkings as compared to a case where you know exactly what is in it every time. Although, the hits in last years Sportkings Series E (1 Spectacular Patch, 1 Art Card, 1 Cut Auto) are, in my opinion, superior to Series F Body of Work and occasional Art Card or Cut Auto.

The value of Series F was increased tremendously if you were able to open at the National, unfortunately not all of us are able to do that.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

great stuff, congrats!

i agree with you on that Dorsett card.... horrible sketch.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

PLMK if you still have the Anthology cards, and if you do, prices. Thanks!
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
marinocollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
PLMK if you still have the Anthology cards, and if you do, prices. Thanks!
I have sold the anthology autos.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

So....given what you pulled, do you think you got good value for your money?
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
So....given what you pulled, do you think you got good value for your money?
I didn't get good value this time. From viewing case breaks I believe my case was below average for the product. It happens.

This is my worst break of Sportkings I've had. I've had some great pulls in the past, but not anything big this time. I don't believe the problem was with the athletes included in Series F. I believe Sportkings made a mistake in rushing to release Series F one year after Series E. A product such as Sportkings should take its time in producing a new Series.

The Anthology Auto Cards are very impressive, but the Body of Work cards are a giant step down from last year. The Body of Work Art Cards are the case hit in Series F and they have not been well received among collectors. A tiny bit of art work (sometimes not so good) and a jumbo swatch of jersey that is far below the quality swatches included in Spectacular Patches from Series E. And, while they say 1 of 1, collectors know there are 9 copies for each player, thus, lowering the value of all of them. I also didn't like the fact that the 1933 Art Cards had 9 copies of each....A very hard pull, but with 9 cards of each it hurts the value. I like having original, unique Art Work and when I get an Art Card where there are 9 identical versions, it isn't very original or unique.

One reason for the Art Cards being made with 9 versions of the same card was to make it easier for the artists to produce more cards in less time. More cards in less time is a bad policy! An artist producing more Art in less time results in two things = lower quality and less originality!

I also think the decision to give away Spectacular Patch cards to people breaking the product live at the National turns off all the collectors that do not break Sportkings at the National. I understand the idea of the promotion is to build excitement and publicity, and to get more buyers to buy and open product right on release date. But does this publicity help Sportkings expand its collectors? Many collectors have said that Sportkings caters only to its big collectors without trying to expand its collector base or increase value for the many collectors that cannot attend the National.

I bought my case knowing there was a promo at the National and knowing I wasn't able to attend, but that didn't bother me then and doesn't bother me now. I'm just stating what collectors have said to me or said elsewhere.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey57 View Post
I didn't get good value this time. From viewing case breaks I believe my case was below average for the product. It happens.

This is my worst break of Sportkings I've had. I've had some great pulls in the past, but not anything big this time. I don't believe the problem was with the athletes included in Series F. I believe Sportkings made a mistake in rushing to release Series F one year after Series E. A product such as Sportkings should take its time in producing a new Series.

The Anthology Auto Cards are very impressive, but the Body of Work cards are a giant step down from last year. The Body of Work Art Cards are the case hit in Series F and they have not been well received among collectors. A tiny bit of art work (sometimes not so good) and a jumbo swatch of jersey that is far below the quality swatches included in Spectacular Patches from Series E. And, while they say 1 of 1, collectors know there are 9 copies for each player, thus, lowering the value of all of them. I also didn't like the fact that the 1933 Art Cards had 9 copies of each....A very hard pull, but with 9 cards of each it hurts the value. I like having original, unique Art Work and when I get an Art Card where there are 9 identical versions, it isn't very original or unique.

One reason for the Art Cards being made with 9 versions of the same card was to make it easier for the artists to produce more cards in less time. More cards in less time is a bad policy! An artist producing more Art in less time results in two things = lower quality and less originality!

I also think the decision to give away Spectacular Patch cards to people breaking the product live at the National turns off all the collectors that do not break Sportkings at the National. I understand the idea of the promotion is to build excitement and publicity, and to get more buyers to buy and open product right on release date. But does this publicity help Sportkings expand its collectors? Many collectors have said that Sportkings caters only to its big collectors without trying to expand its collector base or increase value for the many collectors that cannot attend the National.

I bought my case knowing there was a promo at the National and knowing I wasn't able to attend, but that didn't bother me then and doesn't bother me now. I'm just stating what collectors have said to me or said elsewhere.
I agree with most of your issues with the set but I like the fact they made 9 of each 1933 Sport Kings Art cards. That way it's possible for collectors to make a full set. If they were all 1/1's there would be no way any one could put together a set.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
I agree with most of your issues with the set but I like the fact they made 9 of each 1933 Sport Kings Art cards. That way it's possible for collectors to make a full set. If they were all 1/1's there would be no way any one could put together a set.
I agree that having 9 of each adds collectability for set collectors. I have no problem with this view on the cards.
I view it more as a piece of art than a card/set. Personally, I prefer unique, original art work. I don't want to own a piece of art that has 8 other identical pieces. Just my personal preference/view.

With 24 of 48 1933 Sportkings cards being included in Series F with 9 each plus 1 gold each, that makes 240 1933 Art Cards. About one per master case. Compared to Series E's Art Cards with 250 different subjects and one per master case, it is a major decrease in value. Nearly all of last year's art cards had values of $500-700. The 1933 Art Cards with 9 of each are mostly $125-200.

So, while it is nice to include enough to allow for sets to be built, the value is not there. Of course, there were 80 Memorable Moment Art Cards and 12 First Pitch Art Cards produced. About 2 out of 5 master cases would include one of these 102 true 1/1 Art Cards. I don't see the Memorable Moments Art Cards having the same value as the Art in Series E, but a complete Memorable Moments Painting would be extremely valuable. The problem is, there isn't enough reason for collectors to break product right now, leaving most of the Art Cards in sealed product.