Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 3 Topps Olympic Blasters

Bought three of these because my girlfriend loves the cards; actually, she and her track coach are trying to get her to professional level. She adores Lolo, so I figured that for ten dollars a box, it wouldn't be a bad chance.

Well, there was only a few Lolo base cards, so her utmost desire was not achieved, but until she was twelve, she was a gymnast, so

we pulled a Shawn Johnson bronze auto /50.

The hit was pretty exciting (I saw it from the back first, because I was hoping to see the numbers on the bottom of the card).

We also got a Wallace Spearmon Commemorative U.S. Olympic Team patch and a Commemorative Stamp for the Paralympic Games: Boccia. (The patch and the auto came in the same blaster)

Anyhow, sorry for the long read.
MicKan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

very nice!

Collecting all Houston Rockets players, current and former.
rocketfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

always nice to get 3 hits in 3 blasters
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
always nice to get 3 hits in 3 blasters

Yeah, actually, last year about this time of the school year, we busted a blaster from a local target, and we got a Troy Dumais game worn relic, Bryan Clay auto, and an Alex Morgan event pin.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Whoa. Where did you get blasters for so dang cheap? I love this product.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Whoa. Where did you get blasters for so dang cheap? I love this product.
2012 Topps US Olympics Blaster Box - $10.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

I would have gotten so many more had the funds been existent, ha. College better amend this later down the road when I want the next sweet product. They also have lots of other blaster on sale, but not for that cheap.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is an amazing product. One of the only products I could say the blasters beat the hobby box. Just ripped a case of this and got a card your girl would envy, Alison Felix auto/50. Also got Aly Raisman a gymnast/25 relic and some other real nice hits, got everything but a medal card. Might rip another case real soon. Gonna PC the Felix as I'm a big track fan, ran middle distance in college.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
This is an amazing product. One of the only products I could say the blasters beat the hobby box. Just ripped a case of this and got a card your girl would envy, Alison Felix auto/50. Also got Aly Raisman a gymnast/25 relic and some other real nice hits, got everything but a medal card. Might rip another case real soon. Gonna PC the Felix as I'm a big track fan, ran middle distance in college.

That was a pretty good pull. Yeah, the blasters have been remarkable. I saw someone pull a gold Ryan Lochte out of a blaster. This product is just amazing. I too run middle distances, as well as being the renaissance man of the track team. I'd love to hear what you get out of your next case! Good luck!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

At the National Topps said they are doing Winter Olympics this winter
goldenegg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicKan View Post
Bought three of these because my girlfriend loves the cards; actually, she and her track coach are trying to get her to professional level. She adores Lolo, so I figured that for ten dollars a box, it wouldn't be a bad chance.

Well, there was only a few Lolo base cards, so her utmost desire was not achieved, but until she was twelve, she was a gymnast, so

we pulled a Shawn Johnson bronze auto /50.

The hit was pretty exciting (I saw it from the back first, because I was hoping to see the numbers on the bottom of the card).

We also got a Wallace Spearmon Commemorative U.S. Olympic Team patch and a Commemorative Stamp for the Paralympic Games: Boccia. (The patch and the auto came in the same blaster)

Anyhow, sorry for the long read.
Nice hits out of those blasters.

What event(s) does your girlfriend and did you do?
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
Nice hits out of those blasters.

What event(s) does your girlfriend and did you do?
Thanks! Up until this year, she did the long jump, triple jump, 100 meter hurdles, 400 meter hurdles, the 4x100 meter relay, and the 4x400 meter relay. Now she intends to only do the triple jump and the 100 hurdles.

While I do numerous events as well, I am not nearly as successful as she. Track and field has always been her sport, where as, mine is soccer. I have regularly done the 800 meter run, the 1500 meter run, the 3000 meter steeplechase, the 4x400 meter relay, the triple jump, and pole vaulting (which I just started and am not gifted at, ha). I also have done the 400 and the 4x100 meter relay, and a few distance medleys.

We also both run cross-country; I quit this year, however, ha.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

cool, I'll have to get more of these. Even the base are great too if you want to send out through the mail to get autographs. I already got a couple cards back signed by Abby Wambach
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks! Up until this year, she did the long jump, triple jump, 100 meter hurdles, 400 meter hurdles, the 4x100 meter relay, and the 4x400 meter relay. Now she intends to only do the triple jump and the 100 hurdles.

While I do numerous events as well, I am not nearly as successful as she. Track and field has always been her sport, where as, mine is soccer. I have regularly done the 800 meter run, the 1500 meter run, the 3000 meter steeplechase, the 4x400 meter relay, the triple jump, and pole vaulting (which I just started and am not gifted at, ha). I also have done the 400 and the 4x100 meter relay, and a few distance medleys.

We also both run cross-country; I quit this year, however, ha.
Really? Triple jump is my event too, male side of course. I'm the Irish u23 and the Irish college champion however our standard is alot lower than the states us only having 4 million people and all. What distances does she and did you jump? Irish champ in the womans is at 12.50
Old 08-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
Really? Triple jump is my event too, male side of course. I'm the Irish u23 and the Irish college champion however our standard is alot lower than the states us only having 4 million people and all. What distances does she and did you jump? Irish champ in the womans is at 12.50
Like pole vaulting, I just started. I got a low 11 something, I think, ha. I only competed in one meet in triple last year, but my coach feels that if I actually get more than two days of practice, I might not be entirely laughable. I think that my girlfriend has gotten just below 39 feet; I don't know the metric conversion. She appears to make another huge progression this year. Congrats on all of your accomplishments! Competition is competition, no matter how many competitors. One day I might see you on television.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Like pole vaulting, I just started. I got a low 11 something, I think, ha. I only competed in one meet in triple last year, but my coach feels that if I actually get more than two days of practice, I might not be entirely laughable. I think that my girlfriend has gotten just below 39 feet; I don't know the metric conversion. She appears to make another huge progression this year. Congrats on all of your accomplishments! Competition is competition, no matter how many competitors. One day I might see you on television.
Your girlfriend is pushing close to 12 meters thats very good jumping. Triple Jump is one of those events where there is so many technically phases that once you improve something especially speed and power you'll see great improvements as it multiples throughout the jump. I'm only at mid 14's pushing to 15's so I'm a long way off that need another metre and half to challenge for standards but sure it's all about hardwork.

Well done on the hits and good luck to you and your girlfriends careers
Old 08-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

cool ordered 8 blaster boxes from the nice Blowout discount section, along with 5 real cheap boxes of the Golden Compass movie cards. Pretty good to pay $150 for 13 boxes that should almost average a hit per box. Should be here next week
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Nice to see other track athletes on here that collect. Most of my runner friends make fun of my cards though they're secretly jealous and vice versa w my collector friends and running. Ordered some nfl player promos recently and threw in a few blasters of "the best bang for the buck" so looking forward to post some results. Sucks that nick symmonds doesn't have an auto in this set.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

Awesome seeing all the track buffs on here! Actually in my first season out of college and just got back from Europe finishing my first professional season, might order a case of these.
TFD50 is offline   Reply With Quote