Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Premier Gold Break

Eventually arrived in UK today so gradually opening them but picked this gem up in first box

Phild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, what else could you hope to get?
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

shut the %$%#$% uP!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats- if it becomes available I am seriously interested. I can trade or make a purchase.
boysofsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Holy Sh*t!!!!!!
EWG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to harryhudini

Dope....did you get any united guys you are willing to part with?

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android

BLOWOUT'S OTHER ADAM JONES SUPERCOLLECTOR!!
http://s295.photobucket.com/user/skiessetablaze/library/?sort=3&page=1
harryhudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Wow, a legend there! Congrats
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

sir, you just pulled the biggest hit available. congrats!!!!!!
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

WOWzers!!!
AwesomeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Listed this a few days ago

2013 Topps Premier Gold - International Icons Platinum 1/1 Autograph - PELE | eBay

If anyone seriously thinks I am expecting the buy it now price please look at yourself in the mirror as i'm not but neither am I allowing it to go on the cheap as one or two of the offers i've received have been as expected.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice card, but you do realize it is a sticker auto and Pele on card serial numbered autos go for around $300. His Ginter On-Card numbered to ten sells for $400.

I would highly doubt if you listed it as an auction you would even get close to 1K ($600-$750 more likely). If you get any offers of 1K or more I would jump on it if I were you, before another Pele 1/1 Auto pops up (He does have 1/1 Printing Plate Auto's in this set).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phild View Post
Listed this a few days ago

2013 Topps Premier Gold - International Icons Platinum 1/1 Autograph - PELE | eBay

If anyone seriously thinks I am expecting the buy it now price please look at yourself in the mirror as i'm not but neither am I allowing it to go on the cheap as one or two of the offers i've received have been as expected.
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

I know exactly what it is and I know roughly what I am prepared to let it go for. I am not going to divulge what your offer was but it was nowhere near. A couple of other offers have been very close.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Good luck selling it, and hopefully you will get what you want. Just trying to help you out as you will see more 1/1's hit the market soon, and if someone offers you over 1K you should jump on it before its to late. Pele's Autos are no where near Ronaldo's worth and Pele is signing a ton of things for Topps these days. I would warn you your price, description (you are no longer asking 30K, now 10K?) and price drops in your listing may prevent people from making offers. Honestly I sent my offer to only help you realize your card was no where near 30K.

Quote:
I know exactly what it is and I know roughly what I am prepared to let it go for. I am not going to divulge what your offer was but it was nowhere near. A couple of other offers have been very close.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

If you had read the description in the first place you would have known I was not asking anywhere near 30k so don't need you to make an offer to make me 'realise anything' and am not asking anywhere near 10k either. Yes I know Pele signs a lot and with the World Cup coming up will be signing more no doubt but I am also not prepared to give a card away for a pittance and no way less than a standard Pele card or even a #/25 card.

When I receive a fair offer it will be sold simple as that, so far I have yet to receive one, two have come close but the others not a chance and I bet if you were in my position you wouldn't accept you offer either which you now claim was a joke offer.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

I obviously would not accept an offer I didn't think was fair. Just trying to help you out. Since I don't know your financial situation if you have no problem hanging onto it for a long time, keep everything the same and hopefully someone will give you something that you believe is fair.

However if you need the money, and are really looking to sell it and not keep it in your PC. I would just list it cheap, see how it does, and if it appears if you are not going to get what you want end it early. People will email you offers and you have a better chance to avoid ebay fees. The longer you wait on this the more you will see the price fall.

All you have to do is look at every other card in this set and any other cards the longer a product is out the less demand is there and prices drop.

FYI, I read your description, but what you fail to remember is when people see insane prices on a listing they don't even bother on clicking on the item.

Good luck and I am very interested in seeing what you end up letting this go for.

Quote:
If you had read the description in the first place you would have known I was not asking anywhere near 30k so don't need you to make an offer to make me 'realise anything' and am not asking anywhere near 10k either. Yes I know Pele signs a lot and with the World Cup coming up will be signing more no doubt but I am also not prepared to give a card away for a pittance and no way less than a standard Pele card or even a #/25 card.

When I receive a fair offer it will be sold simple as that, so far I have yet to receive one, two have come close but the others not a chance and I bet if you were in my position you wouldn't accept you offer either which you now claim was a joke offer.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

One final thing, and I will end it here.

1) At the very least you should add the word Auto in your title description
if you were to do a search for Topps Pele Auto yours will not show.

2) Personally I think a bidding war now, on this card is your best chance to get the most for it. The market is hot for this product now, and it won't be in a few months. I have already seen prices for boxes, and cases drop below presale costs.

3) I am no rookie here. I no what I am talking about. If you don't believe me just check out my PC and what I have in it. I would never buy any Match Attax

My collection can be seen here:

Personal Collection: aschade23's's Library | Photobucket
Trade List: http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/...de%20List/

Just trying to help you out. Not trying to be a dick.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

I appreciate you are not trying to be a dick. Not sure what the comment about Match Attax is supposed to be though. Is it because I sell Match Attax cards ? given they are the most popular and the main release here in UK as a card seller then it stands to reason I would be selling them.

Fair point about auto in the description but as for the rest no I don't need to sell but not something I collect myself and so it is available for sale at a price I consdier fair.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Match Attax are the most popular game in the UK, but for what ever reason it hasn't caught on in the USA. As a result they really have no value to card collectors unless its an Autograph. Its a game, and thus no big money to be made in them. I saw you have done really well selling the singles, which is good for you especially when you can buy Match Attax card needs directly from Topps to fill peoples set needs. One of these days if I ever get time I will list 1,000's of cards I have in my 5 cent boxes as I bet I could easily sell some of them for $1 each on ebay like you are.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

The Bale platinum 1/1 went for 1,000 USD so there's no way this Pelé should go for $600-$750.

Last edited by Futbol_Cards; 01-12-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Futbol_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschade View Post
Match Attax are the most popular game in the UK, but for what ever reason it hasn't caught on in the USA. As a result they really have no value to card collectors unless its an Autograph. Its a game, and thus no big money to be made in them. I saw you have done really well selling the singles, which is good for you especially when you can buy Match Attax card needs directly from Topps to fill peoples set needs. One of these days if I ever get time I will list 1,000's of cards I have in my 5 cent boxes as I bet I could easily sell some of them for $1 each on ebay like you are.
Not sure what your problem seems to be with me, is it because I was lucky to pull a card you wanted and rejected your offer ? is it because I make a living selling cards you have no interest in ? (I do also sell more than Match Attax but you carry on with whatever petty problem you have)

I'm sure you could sell cards for $1 each, go ahead list them its easy enough to do.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

That seller did really well, since Bale Auto's have taken a beating since they have come out. I am so glad I held off on getting his base Auto for $100, as now I am confident it will go for $50-$60.

I personally am not a fan of these cheap 1/1's that Topps and other companies have been producing like many others out there.

I am very confident I will be able to get a Pele Base Auto for around $250 in a few months as long as I am patient. So spending 10x or more just for a card that looks the same exact for a different background color or foil stamp, makes no sense to me.

I don't get why Topps and others continue to do Stickers and Stupid Parallel's when they know collectors prefer On-Card Autographs and cards with different pictures on them.

A few more Pele Autographs are now on ebay so it will be interesting to see how much they end up selling for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol_Cards View Post
The Bale platinum 1/1 went for 1,000 USD so there's no way this Pelé should go for $600-$700.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

Like I said before congrats on your pull. Not jealous in the least bit, and I am glad you posted your hit like others, so people can have an idea of what is left in the product.

As far as Match Attax go, I am glad you are making a living out of selling those cards in the UK (and its good to know someone is making money off of them), because they have no value in the US.

If you go to any sports collectible show in the US you will only see high end products. So when I initially wrote Match Attax I was referring that I don't waste my time with low end products like that.

Since you do live in the UK if you ever can get any Manchester United Sealed Upper Deck Boxes (Not Strike Force) and want to resell them please let me know. Last time I was in Europe and the UK I couldn't find them anywhere only saw a ton of Match Attax.

Quote:
Not sure what your problem seems to be with me, is it because I was lucky to pull a card you wanted and rejected your offer ? is it because I make a living selling cards you have no interest in ? (I do also sell more than Match Attax but you carry on with whatever petty problem you have)

I'm sure you could sell cards for $1 each, go ahead list them its easy enough to do.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
That seller did really well, since Bale Auto's have taken a beating since they have come out. I am so glad I held off on getting his base Auto for $100, as now I am confident it will go for $50-$60.

I personally am not a fan of these cheap 1/1's that Topps and other companies have been producing like many others out there.

I am very confident I will be able to get a Pele Base Auto for around $250 in a few months as long as I am patient. So spending 10x or more just for a card that looks the same exact for a different background color or foil stamp, makes no sense to me.

I don't get why Topps and others continue to do Stickers and Stupid Parallel's when they know collectors prefer On-Card Autographs and cards with different pictures on them.

A few more Pele Autographs are now on ebay so it will be interesting to see how much they end up selling for.
I definitely agree with you there, I'm not a fan of 1/1 parallels in general and especially of ones whose only difference with it's higher-non numbered counterpart is a different colored background and the 1/1 stamp itself, as you said.

Having said that however, there are collectors out there who are willing to pay big money for these cards as seen with the Bale auto and I'm sure eventually for this Pele as well.

Last edited by Futbol_Cards; 01-13-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Futbol_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Like I said before congrats on your pull. Not jealous in the least bit, and I am glad you posted your hit like others, so people can have an idea of what is left in the product.

As far as Match Attax go, I am glad you are making a living out of selling those cards in the UK (and its good to know someone is making money off of them), because they have no value in the US.

If you go to any sports collectible show in the US you will only see high end products. So when I initially wrote Match Attax I was referring that I don't waste my time with low end products like that.

Since you do live in the UK if you ever can get any Manchester United Sealed Upper Deck Boxes (Not Strike Force) and want to resell them please let me know. Last time I was in Europe and the UK I couldn't find them anywhere only saw a ton of Match Attax.
Unfortunately in the UK we do not have sports collectible shows unless its for programmes as the card market especially is basically non existent. Match Attax and Adrenalyn apart there is nothing to collect other than the odd sticker collection which is why I personally am envious of people in the US who have great access to cards in all sports (except soccer it seems) and a thriving secondary market (although not as it was due to the introduction of ebay possibly). There is the Futera releases but due to the issues of the autos many are reluctant to get involved with those cards.

The price of cases/ boxes of the Premier Gold cards will now drop I would guess especially as most of the big hits have been discovered with the Pele auto printing plate being the one still as far as I know to be found.

The Manchester United boxes hardly ever come up here in UK unfortunately.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

I think the Pele 1/1 may be worth hanging onto, yes he signs a lot also with many companies including topps and Sportskings however, once the great man is no longer amongst us...an actual serial numbered 1/1 released by a company who authenticates it's signatures would be a pretty attractive piece. I can relate this to what I know, I got a George Best UD auto 3 months prior to his passing for 100 quid delivered to Australia and 1 week after he passed away the exact same card (different # to mine obviously) went for 1200 quid (by the way it was neither #1/ or #7 which would be important numbers)!! I f I were Phil I would do the same, aim high tongue in cheek and see what you get. If nothing else, hang onto it for another 5 or so years. Not trying to be morbid, but things like this will be worth more just before or just after his passing..it's just the facts. Good luck with it and if nothing else, you have a fantastic card to keep in your collection and potentially pass down to someone.
Giggs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #25 (permalink)

I think the Gerrard 1/1 auto would also be another worth hanging onto which I believe is still to be busted....and realistically is the only other big card left in this release.
He doesn't sign for anyone unless he is paid for it (same with Wayne Rooney) so his 1/1 auto when he retires would be a nice little thing to have also. There are 2 memoribilia companies he signs for in paid sessions and he also signs the official club issued LFC charity merchandise, that's it! So in terms of cards, this release (to date) is his only genuine auto on a card (well sticker but you know what I mean)
Giggs11 is offline   Reply With Quote