Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I think there's a LOT of buyer's remorse with you. I could be wrong, but that's exactly what it looks like from all of your posts. Also, "just stating the facts".

Some cuts have went cheaper than I thought they would, but have you seen even half of them sell at auction? How about 25% of them? How about 10% of them? Of course you haven't, and therefore, since it's already been stated many times before in this forum, eBay is NOT the biggest and/or best place to sell all cards. There are other avenues out there. I have probably seen more sales of these cut autos than anyone else, and I can assure you, they can and do sell very, very well.

And to respond to your Sportkings comment...Did you know that empty boxes are being bought and sold for $15 each? Did you know that every single empty box in this product is worth that much to at least one buyer, and he will buy every single one offered to him? Can you name any other product out there where rip and flippers can sell every empty box for $15 each? Did you know that there's a very good chance of making money on SK if you know how to sell it correctly? You probably don't, but if you did, you'd be happy you're buying this outstanding product.
I don't think he was talking about SK...we are talking about Ringside boxing. You can't start lumping all of the products Dr. Price puts out there and say the general rule of thumb is that they make money...we are only talking about Ringside Boxing.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Again...for their interest...some people collect cards for the sole interest of selling. You are thinking of a collector who solely keeps onto their items but you do not have to hold onto items to be a collector...they can buy and sell their collection but yet still be a collector but I guess I'm just not as smart as MrWheeler27.
I think the term "prospector" more appropriately fits your definition of collector. If you're buying and then selling in the immediate future, (your words, not mine), then that is prospecting much more so than collecting.

I'm not claiming to be smarter than you. I'm just stating how I see things.

Quote:
So the few questions I actually ask you avoid...why is this? Doesn't matter to me...you answer of taking the sideline pretty much answers the question.
If you say so.

Quote:
If you know the answer to which degree Dr. Price hold to make him a Doctor then why not say so? Does he hold a Doctorate degree (academic) or a professional degree (Doctor of Medicine)? I would hope Dr. Price using his title as a DR is related to his profession of cards or somewhat related to this hobby otherwise he is not representing himself too well. This is coming from someone who regards academia in a very high standard.
By me not answering, doesn't that "pretty much answers the question"? Again, your words, not mine. Or will you pick and choose what fits best for your arguments as to knowing what my silence means?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think he was talking about SK...we are talking about Ringside boxing. You can't start lumping all of the products Dr. Price puts out there and say the general rule of thumb is that they make money...we are only talking about Ringside Boxing.
Here is an exact quote from him, and is exactly what I was responding to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Can Sportkings possibly be THIS BAD? Hold on to whomever bought that stuff. $100 for a Steve Carlton auto isnt looking good.
Do you even read what you're posting about? Is Steve Carlton known for his boxing career?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the term "prospector" more appropriately fits your definition of collector. If you're buying and then selling in the immediate future, (your words, not mine), then that is prospecting much more so than collecting.

I'm not claiming to be smarter than you. I'm just stating how I see things.
Since you dissect every post or sentence I'll just say I disagree but then again there's no debating with MrWheeler27 is there, since he's never wrong...or are you just going to say "those are your words". Fine line between prospecting and collecting...some will say it's a little of both. You stay with the literal definition...I'll stay with mine.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Fine line between prospecting and collecting...some will say it's a little of both. You stay with the literal definition...I'll stay with mine.
Fair enough. You stay with yours, and I'll stay with what's widely accepted and defined in black and white.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Fair enough. You stay with yours, and I'll stay with what's widely accepted and defined in black and white.
Yes because your world revolves around the black and white. No sense of thinking outside the lines...but then again there you go dissecting another post. You just couldn't say...fair enough you stay with yours and I'll stay with mine and leave it at that you had to put those other words to make it look like you are right...so let me say it now...you are always right there's nothing ever wrong with you...you are the perfect tool for Dr. Price.

BTW if this Dr. Price wants to get on here and wants to tell people what type of Doctor he is...does he have a PhD in finance? I mean what can kind of degree has a doctorate for card collecting errr I mean card prospecting?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I mean what can kind of degree has a doctorate for card collecting errr I mean card prospecting?
Slow down. Take a deep breath.

What do you mean again? I'm having a hard time understanding what you just typed.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:

What do you mean again? I'm having a hard time understanding what you just typed.
Most people who have doctorates or professional doctor degrees only use them towards their profession. Using it outside your "profession" just makes you look like you have a big head and trying to show off. If he has a PhD in finance or something related to business then using DR is fine...if he is a dentist or a medical doctor he should not be using DR for his company...it just makes it look like he's something important in the card industry.

You don't see Doctors (Medical Doctors) going around introducing themselves as Dr so and so outside of where they work. Just makes it look like he's a pompous you know what.

Last edited by John91C; 07-13-2010 at 10:52 PM.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Most people who have doctorates or professional doctor degrees only use them towards their profession. Using it outside your "profession" just makes you look like you have a big head and trying to show off. If he has a PhD in finance or something related to business then using DR is fine...if he is a dentist or a medical doctor he should not be using DR for his company...it just makes it look like he's something important in the card industry.

You don't see Doctors (Medical Doctors) going around introducing themselves as Dr so and so outside of where they work. Just makes it look like he's a pompous you know what.
LOL...you can't win with me so you throw stones at someone that's not here to defend himself.

Real classy.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

Well if Sportkings turn out like Ringside I will need the $15 a box someone is paying for the empty boxes to get half my funds back IF I were to sell which I would/will not. You can pick small point and argue this and that, but you have no ground to stand on if you really think Ringside was a successful all around product. In the eyes of MANY it is not. People buying $10 autos from $200 boxes love it, thats about it. Am I sorry I bought the product absolutely. Am I saying things that arent true because Im sorry I bought the product, absolutely not. I bought the product, and the singles sell for very little money. There is very little return on what I pulled against what I paid. I could have purchased the contents of my case for probably $600 on eBay. Dr or Mr Price should be ashamed he made such a dud and was on here defending the garbage.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

I sense a ghost written Dr. Brian Price post is forthcoming....

Sportkings Upcoming
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL...you can't win with me so you throw stones at someone that's not here to defend himself.

Real classy.
Not at all...just parlaying the black and white of the professional world. I asked what kind of DR he is and you asked why I'm asking (those were your words). If you wouldn't have asked then I wouldn't have made a statement.

Quote:
I have never said I know him pretty well. Why the assumption and why the question?

Quote:

Old 07-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Not at all...just parlaying the black and white of the professional world. I asked what kind of DR he is and you asked why I'm asking (those were your words). If you wouldn't have asked then I wouldn't have made a statement.
Don't turn this around on me. You brought up Dr. Price's title, not I. You brought up something that is completely irrelevant in this thread because things weren't going your way.

Again, real classy.

So to recap:

- You have tried to change the subject because things weren't going your way.

- You didn't know what you were talking about regarding your "he wasn't talking about SK" post. (of which you never responded to my comment or admitted you were wrong).

- You typed a post that made no sense.

Am I honestly supposed to be taking any of this seriously? You're just messing with me right?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Well if Sportkings turn out like Ringside I will need the $15 a box someone is paying for the empty boxes to get half my funds back IF I were to sell which I would/will not. You can pick small point and argue this and that, but you have no ground to stand on if you really think Ringside was a successful all around product. In the eyes of MANY it is not. People buying $10 autos from $200 boxes love it, thats about it. Am I sorry I bought the product absolutely. Am I saying things that arent true because Im sorry I bought the product, absolutely not. I bought the product, and the singles sell for very little money. There is very little return on what I pulled against what I paid. I could have purchased the contents of my case for probably $600 on eBay.
All the statements in bold above point to "buyer's remorse".

Where is that Whaaaambulance?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

hey look everyone!

another flame war with matt wheeler right smack dab in the middle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
hey look everyone!

LOL...I've been waiting for you CBO. Now the thread is complete.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't turn this around on me. You brought up Dr. Price's title, not I. You brought up something that is completely irrelevant in this thread because things weren't going your way.

Again, real classy.

So to recap:

- You have tried to change the subject because things weren't going your way.

- You didn't know what you were talking about regarding your "he wasn't talking about SK" post. (of which you never responded to my comment or admitted you were wrong).

- You typed a post that made no sense.

Am I honestly supposed to be taking any of this seriously? You're just messing with me right?

Never changed one subject. His being a DR is very relevant to me...maybe not to you. Your just trying to cover your butt in asking why I was asking what kind of DR he was. You pretty much fell into that one. Again...you are always right the all mighty mwheeler27 who dissects every post to try and prove something irrelevant. Also, I am serious here...we're talking professionalism when using the title DR and not just spewing it around, like I said if he has a PhD in business/finance shoot even a JD something related to company matters then he is justified for using DR...if he is a medical professional then he shouldn't be using the title DR to promote his business, that's just wrong.

You can dissect and analyze this post all you want to cover your butt into egging me on why I was wondering what type of DR he was...the BLACK AND WHITE of the matter is you asked. You can try and blame me for changing the subject, etc...but the BLACK AND WHITE of it is...YOU ASKED WHY. I just answered your question...see how that works...ask a question get an answer plain and simple...nothing more BLACK AND WHITE as that.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
hey look everyone!

The Bohica Signal not working, or you just running fashionably late to the party.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

batman took his light back.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

Somehow I envision the Bohica Signal in the night sky of a Hairy Man with his pants around his ankles. Wouldn't it be easier to give us your cell number Captain?

Oh and Bump to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
The Bohica Signal not working, or you just running fashionably late to the party.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

hell no. i give one of you guys that, next thing i know im going to have midgets calling me asking me if i want a date. LOL
Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
hell no. i give one of you guys that, next thing i know im going to have midgets calling me asking me if i want a date. LOL
Come on...be honest you know you like doing the dirty sanchez with midgets!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Come on...be honest you know you like doing the dirty sanchez with midgets!
Jesus Christ... do you even know what that means?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Never changed one subject. His being a DR is very relevant to me...maybe not to you. Your just trying to cover your butt in asking why I was asking what kind of DR he was. You pretty much fell into that one. Again...you are always right the all mighty mwheeler27 who dissects every post to try and prove something irrelevant. Also, I am serious here...we're talking professionalism when using the title DR and not just spewing it around, like I said if he has a PhD in business/finance shoot even a JD something related to company matters then he is justified for using DR...if he is a medical professional then he shouldn't be using the title DR to promote his business, that's just wrong.

You can dissect and analyze this post all you want to cover your butt into egging me on why I was wondering what type of DR he was...the BLACK AND WHITE of the matter is you asked. You can try and blame me for changing the subject, etc...but the BLACK AND WHITE of it is...YOU ASKED WHY. I just answered your question...see how that works...ask a question get an answer plain and simple...nothing more BLACK AND WHITE as that.
All your posts are now laughable.

I'm not covering my butt for anything. Keep making stuff up if it makes you feel better. I love your new signature by the way.

Keep making up definitions to make yourself feel better. LOL

After making posts like this that prove you don't know what you're talking about, you don't honestly expect people to take you seriously do you? This is also laughable: LOL

Quote:
I'm not even sure what to say any more about this post other than it's laughable and further illustrates why I can't take you seriously any more: LOL

Quote:
I mean what can kind of degree has a doctorate for card collecting errr I mean card prospecting?
Seriously, you just make stuff up, from definitions, to what people are talking about, to people's intentions, to sentences that don't even make sense. You can continue in this thread if you like, but you're not worth my time any more. The challenge ended when you started getting goofy. What more can I say?

Have a good evening everyone, including you John91C, and I sincerely mean that.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Jesus Christ... do you even know what that means?
of course I know what that means...and CBO knows I'm just messing with him!