Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

im more of a giver, than a taker when it comes to dirty sanchez's.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:18 AM   #52 (permalink)

Its better to give when we speak of those... This thing got way off topic which is probably a good thing. Ill make sure to start a thread on Sportkings results and Im sure Wheeler will take the bait and tell us how great it is. Who knows maybe it will be good. With Ringside Dr Price had a PhD in making a near worthless product. Hopefully he does better here.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

if someone pulls a 1/1 cut that matt wants and aren't dying for money.. sell it to me just to piss him off. LOL
Old 07-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #54 (permalink)

No need to go that far. Say something bad about Dr Price and he will be even angrier!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post

It's not always about making money. I'll say it again...boxing "collectors" LOVE this product. They are the end-users of this product, and I think they are very, very pleased with it. Actually, I know they are.
actually the majority of boxing collectors are avoiding this product. and there are alot of questions about the authenticity of the ali memorabilia cards. in fact, the biggest ali memorabilia collector/dealer says that the ali cards containing the red colored trunks are 100% unauthentic. who authenticates the memorablilia dr.price uses for his products? i've even heard some of the cut autos are 100% unauthentic. i'm not trying to stir the pot, i'm just sharing some of the opinions given from serious boxing collectors
coclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
actually the majority of boxing collectors are avoiding this product. and there are alot of questions about the authenticity of the ali memorabilia cards. in fact, the biggest ali memorabilia collector/dealer says that the ali cards containing the red colored trunks are 100% unauthentic. who authenticates the memorablilia dr.price uses for his products? i've even heard some of the cut autos are 100% unauthentic. i'm not trying to stir the pot, i'm just sharing some of the opinions given from serious boxing collectors
im subscribing to this thread.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #57 (permalink)

Wheeler hasnt responded yet so lets assume he is on vacation with his Sportkings product piled up around him. That or he is hiding in shame because he is realizing Sportkings is as terrible as Ringside? Is there any type of article or written source or examples to state or show the stuff might not be authentic? Just curious, might be an interesting read.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Wheeler hasnt responded yet so lets assume he is on vacation with his Sportkings product piled up around him. That or he is hiding in shame because he is realizing Sportkings is as terrible as Ringside? Is there any type of article or written source or examples to state or show the stuff might not be authentic? Just curious, might be an interesting read.
he's probably logging out and logging back in as dr.price

dr.price and mr.hyde

Last edited by coclarkson; 07-15-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

Why would Mr. Price show his face on here again...even he knows he put out a sub-par product that is losing steam. Wheeler won't be responding because he dug himself into a hole which even Mr. Price can't pull him out of. Wow...maybe I should be quiet or else I'll lose even more respect from the almighty tool of Mr. Price (aka) mwheeler27.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #60 (permalink)

*waits for mwheelers response* "Youre wrong so just so wrong i wont argue or even illustrate a point as to why ill just keep saying how ive won and how your wrong"
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
*waits for mwheelers response* "Youre wrong so just so wrong i wont argue or even illustrate a point as to why ill just keep saying how ive won and how your wrong"
Confused...are you quoting someone or is this a statement?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Agreed..I dont understand whatever that is.
loganc169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
i believe he is just inferring how someone's response to all of this would sound/read like.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #64 (permalink)

How much did dr price the king of not doing research pay the Ali autograph forger (Wepner) to be in this product?

Operation Bullpen: The Inside Story - Scamming Ali and Sly
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #65 (permalink)

if you want an authentic ali signed photo or signed memorabilia, go to his official website and order from there:

Ali Official Store

plus in a few years if you need to sell it, you probably won't lose any money. if you buy a ringside or sportkings ali auto and try to sell it in a few years, you'll be lucky to get half of what you paid for it.

and that's because the majority of boxing collectors like items that they can frame and hang on the wall. not some cheap, generic looking sportscard.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
How much did dr price the king of not doing research pay the Ali autograph forger (Wepner) to be in this product?

Operation Bullpen: The Inside Story - Scamming Ali and Sly
Is this a serious post? I am asking only because I have considered buying an Ali auto for my PC. I was just wondering if this came from another source or if it is just speculation by a forum member?
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
hey look everyone!

another flame war with matt wheeler right smack dab in the middle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
Wow, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I saw this post. You would not believe how timely this posting is for me. Any links with the story about the Ali memorabilia ? Please, by all means, post them.

Had a very long "debate" yesterday which included UD, SKs and fakes and forgeries in the collecting world with a fellow board member and I told him that it was only a matter of time before Brian Price got burned as well...........if that's really the case.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad68to96 View Post
Is this a serious post? I am asking only because I have considered buying an Ali auto for my PC. I was just wondering if this came from another source or if it is just speculation by a forum member?
All of the Ringside Boxing and Sportkings on-card Muhammad Ali autographs are 100% real and signed by Muhammad Ali himself.

Now, if you're buying an auto of his in a different form from a different product, I won't be able to help you with that.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Wow, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I saw this post. You would not believe how timely this posting is for me. Any links with the story about the Ali memorabilia ? Please, by all means, post them.

Had a very long "debate" yesterday which included UD, SKs and fakes and forgeries in the collecting world with a fellow board member and I told him that it was only a matter of time before Brian Price got burned as well...........if that's really the case.
Bammers, you should know this is only a valiant effort by someone else that doesn't like me praising a worthy product. He's not going to be able to prove anything because there's nothing to prove. LOL He's just blowing smoke, and all of this is hearsay.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Bammers, you should know this is only a valiant effort by someone else that doesn't like me praising a worthy product. He's not going to be able to prove anything because there's nothing to prove. LOL He's just blowing smoke, and all of this is hearsay.
Valiant effort? Its called research and its been brewing for a while now. It has nothing to do with you having to open your mouth in every topic, thats just you being a cheerleader and looking silly.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #72 (permalink)

Short of being there at the signing, how can you make this statement?

Quote:
All of the Ringside Boxing and Sportkings on-card Muhammad Ali autographs are 100% real and signed by Muhammad Ali himself.

Now, if you're buying an auto of his in a different form from a different product, I won't be able to help you with that.
What is the alleged connection between Operation Bullpen and Dr. Price? I am interested if this is hearsay or fact.

Quote:
Valiant effort? Its called research and its been brewing for a while now. It has nothing to do with you having to open your mouth in every topic, thats just you being a cheerleader and looking silly.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Short of being there at the signing, how can you make this statement?

What is the alleged connection between Operation Bullpen and Dr. Price? I am interested if this is hearsay or fact.
The only connection is Dr Price paid Wepner to be in this product which is an embarrassment and quite honestly disgusting to Mr Ali. Wepner was right smack in the middle of operation bullpen directly involved with forging Ali. To now pay the man to take part in a product alongside Ali is a joke. But the man with pom poms will tell you differently I am sure.

I am not suggesting anything is fake and this week was the first I heard questions about the authenticity of the red/white Ali shorts GU or whatever. But one would think the dealt directly with Ali's management or family to get the shorts directly, not just paid some random place for the shorts. Right?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #74 (permalink)

Thank you for taking the time to outline the situation. I will sit back and watch what develops.

Quote:
The only connection is Dr Price paid Wepner to be in this product which is an embarrassment and quite honestly disgusting to Mr Ali. Wepner was right smack in the middle of operation bullpen directly involved with forging Ali. To now pay the man to take part in a product alongside Ali is a joke. But the man with pom poms will tell you differently I am sure.

I am not suggesting anything is fake and this week was the first I heard questions about the authenticity of the red/white Ali shorts GU or whatever. But one would think the dealt directly with Ali's management or family to get the shorts directly, not just paid some random place for the shorts. Right?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

well this just keep getting better and better.