Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #101 (permalink)

I would hate to see you guys argue over something like religion or politics. after all its only trading cards
Old 07-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
I actually sold every Ringside auto that I have at the show at Chicago this weekend. Everyone who saw them thought they were pretty awesome. The 1/1 Onyx cards are starting to sell very well - take a look on Ebay. Next will be the Ringside Boxing logos, and the autos will remain fairly steady if not rise.

I think the fact that so many people have been dogging the product has actually hurt it because people have been discouraged from even trying it. There are so many products that deliver much worse value per pack than Ringside KO does.

There needs to be something to bring people's attention back to the Boxing world, and once that happens, this product will be on fire.
Exactly. The market was flooded early. Not enough people even knew it existed. People will continually be learning of this product, and because of it's limited production run, prices will climb. You just have to be patient, and you will make money on every single case you buy IF you sell it correctly.

These cards in person are beautiful. They will become more appreciated in time, and when that happens, look out.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Bammers, you should know this is only a valiant effort by someone else that doesn't like me praising a worthy product. He's not going to be able to prove anything because there's nothing to prove. LOL He's just blowing smoke, and all of this is hearsay.
just like everything you say?..?..

why should we believe you more than someone else?
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately Vinny, respect is lacking in this forum. I'm confident there are people here that know what the word is but have no idea how to apply it.
i'm sorry...... but completing a doctoral program and earning a Phd, or MD, or DD or whatever DOES NOT automatically give that person credibility and require that others give respect..
Old 07-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Why the need to disrespect someone you don't even know?
why do you need to give respect to someone you don't even know?..... and jam it down everyone's throat also.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #106 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

people are automatically respecting others around here? I must have missed that memo.

guess im still reading from the memo that says you have to earn it.

oopsie.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
just like everything you say?..?..

why should we believe you more than someone else?
You don't have to. However, I said upper deck counterfeited cards and would be found guilty of such. Others took ud's side and said it would never happen. They even claimed ud was too big and had too many high-powered lawyers to ever be found guilty of such hideous accusations. Well, we all know how that turned out.

Now I'm saying that the Ali trunks from Sportkings are in fact authentic. You don't have to believe me. If you'd rather believe what someone said that you didn't even hear it from, go ahead. In all honesty, we don't even know if anyone ever said that. People didn't have to believe me about ud either. Time will tell all. I'm a patient person.

Perhaps if Mr. McWilliam earned the title of "Dr." at some point in his life, ud would have had enough integrity to not cheat it's customers, and this hobby wouldn't be in such a mess.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
I have never said I know him pretty well. Why the assumption and why the question?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
You don't have to. However, I said upper deck counterfeited cards and would be found guilty of such.
after it was public knowledge....... it's not like you were privy to inside information. you chose to believe that they would be found guilty.... and just because they were found guilty doesn't make you right about the Ali stuff.... which you have no direct knowledge about.

even a broken clock has the correct time twice a day..........
Old 07-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Now I'm saying that the Ali trunks from Sportkings are in fact authentic.
how do you know for sure? because Sport Kings guaranteed it? big whoop.

what if the people they got it from weren't on the up and up? what if the people THOSE PEOPLE got it from weren't on the up and up? why? because they made people sign a declaration that it was authentic? yah. like that means anything nowadays.

you telling us that mistakes can't happen? and ringside is bullet proof?

how are you 100% sure???????
Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
after it was public knowledge....... it's not like you were privy to inside information. you chose to believe that they would be found guilty.... and just because they were found guilty doesn't make you right about the Ali stuff.... which you have no direct knowledge about.

even a broken clock has the correct time twice a day..........
You don't know what I was "privy" to and what I wasn't. You don't know now what I'm privy to and what I'm not.

Some things just aren't worth sharing in a place like this. There's a "right time" for everything, just like that clock in your above example.

So why are you hating now? Do you think the Ali trunks are fake, or are you just wanting to jump on the bandwagon?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
how do you know for sure? because Sport Kings guaranteed it? big whoop.

what if the people they got it from weren't on the up and up? what if the people THOSE PEOPLE got it from weren't on the up and up? why? because they made people sign a declaration that it was authentic? yah. like that means anything nowadays.

you telling us that mistakes can't happen? and ringside is bullet proof?

how are you 100% sure???????
How do you know they aren't?

What's more likely...they're authentic, or they aren't? If they were from ud, would they be more likely to be authentic or fake?

This is not something any of you guys are going to win with me. Their authenticity is guaranteed. Until it's proven otherwise, it will be assumed they are authentic by the vast majority of people in this hobby. Those half-dozen of you that want to throw stones, continue to throw them if you must. You're going to have to throw a lot harder for them to cause any sort of discomfort.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #113 (permalink)

According to you a Dentist who has not practiced in 30 years surely deserves our Respect in the hobby because of a dental school diploma and our unquestioning faith that he would never ever ever never cheat us because he was once a Dentist.

Sportkings has a good reputation now, but who knows where the future will take them. I for one will make my own judgements.

Quote:
Perhaps if Mr. McWilliam earned the title of "Dr." at some point in his life, ud would have had enough integrity to not cheat it's customers, and this hobby wouldn't be in such a mess.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Sportkings has a good reputation now, but who knows where the future will take them. I for one will make my own judgements.
I couldn't agree more with these two sentences. I completely disagree with your other comment.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
You don't know what I was "privy" to and what I wasn't. You don't know now what I'm privy to and what I'm not.

Some things just aren't worth sharing in a place like this. There's a "right time" for everything
, just like that clock in your above example.

So why are you hating now? Do you think the Ali trunks are fake, or are you just wanting to jump on the bandwagon?
i'm not hating, and i could care less if the trunks are real or fake............... i'm just saying that the bolded statement is why you're getting heck from people. You stand on a hill with stone tablets proclaiming how things are..... but get extremely defensive when we dispute your words or look up and ask for some factual evidence to confirm what you're saying. you hide behind the "this isn't the place or there's a right time" crap and continue to twist and weave your words without actually saying anything to back up your claims. at some point, it's time to either put up or shut up.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
i'm not hating, and i could care less if the trunks are real or fake............... i'm just saying that the bolded statement is why you're getting heck from people. You stand on a hill with stone tablets proclaiming how things are..... but get extremely defensive when we dispute your words or look up and ask for some factual evidence to confirm what you're saying. you hide behind the "this isn't the place or there's a right time" crap and continue to twist and weave your words without actually saying anything to back up your claims. at some point, it's time to either put up or shut up.
FYI, that bolded statement was just made by me a little while ago. I've been catching heck from a very small group of people for a lot longer than today.

I need not prove my point until someone proves the trunks are fake. Innocent until proven guilty. Remember.

You know as well as I do that people are hating just to hate. They don't want to accept there's a more honorable company out there than their beloved upper deck. I know this does not apply to all the haters, but it most definitely applies to some.

SK makes the claim that all their stuff is authentic. Therefore the burden of proof is not on them or me. If people doubt some of their stuff is authentic...prove it. Until then, there's not need for me to "put up or shut up". That phrase should be reserved for those with their false claims, and you know that as well as I do.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #117 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I need not prove my point until someone proves the trunks are fake. Innocent until proven guilty. Remember.
only in a court of law, not public opinion.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #118 (permalink)

Default The Sportscard Blues....

Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
FYI, that bolded statement was just made by me a little while ago. I've been catching heck from a very small group of people for a lot longer than today.

You know as well as I do that people are hating just to hate. They don't want to accept there's a more honorable company out there than their beloved upper deck. I know this does not apply to all the haters, but it most definitely applies to some.

SK makes the claim that all their stuff is authentic. Therefore the burden of proof is not on them or me. If people doubt some of their stuff is authentic...prove it. Until then, there's not need for me to "put up or shut up". That phrase should be reserved for those with their false claims, and you know that as well as I do.
I don't understand this assertion at all. SK should be able to affirmatively support its claims, whether or not collectors have called the authenticity of their materials into doubt.

Under your line of reasoning, if I put out a line of cards with skillfully self-forged Babe Ruth signatures, they would be presumptively authentic until someone could prove that they were fake. But if they were skillfully forged and I did it myself, no one would be able to offer such proof (short of my confessing to the forgery).

As for the collateral issue of Dr. Price, he's completely entitled to demand that people use the 'Dr.' honorific because he's earned the credential. That doesn't mean that it's not objectionable. LeBron had every right to put on that Decision special, but self-aggrandizing behavior tends to rub people the wrong way.

In all, I actually like SK and appreciate that you've raised my awareness on the product. But regardless of the motivations of the people questioning the authenticity of the Ali memorabilia, the concerns themselves are valid and deserve to be adequately addressed
drfunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfunke View Post
Under your line of reasoning, if I put out a line of cards with skillfully self-forged Babe Ruth signatures, they would be presumptively authentic until someone could prove that they were fake. But if they were skillfully forged and I did it myself, no one would be able to offer such proof (short of my confessing to the forgery).
I disagree.

Dr. Price is known in this industry and I'm assuming you are not. If you put out a line of cards with Babe Ruth signatures, they would sell for next to nothing unless you proved they were authentic. Sportkings Ruth cut autos on the other hand sell in the range with other "authentic" Ruth cuts.

His word actually carries weight and therefore value. That's why the burden of proof is no longer on his shoulders. It's in the hands of someone that wants to claim deception. Hopefully that person has credibility, because if not, it's just a meaningless opinion against a very well-respected card manufacturer.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfunke View Post
I don't understand this assertion at all. SK should be able to affirmatively support its claims, whether or not collectors have called the authenticity of their materials into doubt.

Dont use logic with him it wont work, he jumps in every upper deck topps topic saying how stuff more than likely is fake. Then these Ali trunks pop up and he gets all bent, I have no idea if they are real or not but find it funny.

Just wait to when people start asking where the fur robe from bruce lee enter the dragon came from thats in the new SK. Cause it was questioned on several bruce lee message boards when upper deck originally released the same fur in prominent cuts cause Bruce wear ZERO fur robes in or during the movie. It appears possibly sk cut up a upper deck card (who according to certain fanboys is icky and everything is fake) and made a card. That would be ironic wouldn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/09-UD-PROMINENT-...#ht_3403wt_911

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bruce-Lee-2010-S...#ht_1100wt_911
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #122 (permalink)

i know the red ali trunks are unauthentic because ali's red trunks were made by two companys, everlast and sparta and they didn't contain any block lettering on them like the example below. plus the material on the ringside cards is different from the trunks ali actually wore

coclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #123 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
i know the red ali trunks are unauthentic because ali's red trunks were made by two companys, everlast and sparta and they didn't contain any block lettering on them like the example below. plus the material on the ringside cards is different from the trunks ali actually wore

What you don't understand is that "we" can't trust you! You are a nobody and aren't a dentist!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post

I don't have this card in my possesion, but does it work trunks in the back? I could possibly see it being part of the robe (possibly).

We could settle this once and for all though.

Authentic Muhammad Ali Memorabilia, Steve Jackson Authentications
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #125 (permalink)

Ali did wear a red robe during the super fight.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote