Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS

OTHER SPORTS BOX BREAKS Post your Other Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ringside boxing tko edition (tko'ed)

My buddy bought a box (even though I told him he really shouldn't) and check it out. A hand may as well jumped out of the $90.00 box and punched him in the face. 1 hit per box hand packed and he pulled

Marvis Frazier fight worn trunks /50

If someone would like to explain to my buddy why Marvis is a "hit" in this product he would love to know I will save you a trip to ebay, last one sold for $6.00 delivered.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
My buddy bought a box (even though I told him he really shouldn't) and check it out. A hand may as well jumped out of the $90.00 box and punched him in the face. 1 hit per box hand packed and he pulled

If someone would like to explain to my buddy why Marvis is a "hit" in this product he would love to know I will save you a trip to ebay, last one sold for $6.00 delivered.
Any worse than pulling a Tyson Chandler auto out of a product that offers 1 auto per box?
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Any worse than pulling a Tyson Chandler auto out of a product that offers 1 auto per box?
Thank you, at least the autos and material in this product are much tougher to come by.

But yeah, rare or not, it's always tough to feel like you could have just bought the card for 1/10 of what you spent on the box. The problem is that you can blame that on the buyers of the singles.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly yes it is worse, I can say as a person who dont even follow basketball I know who chandler is. He is a boxing fanatic and was like I think thats Joe Frazier's son (I had no clue Joe even had a son who boxed). But like I said I warned him, and the look he gave me when he pulled it I couldn't bust his balls to bad cause he knew he should have listened.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can't be that much of a fanatic if he didn't know one of the greatest fighters of all time had a kid who followed in his footsteps
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry this cannot be accurately described as a TKO, your friend was knocked out clean by this box. Ouch!

Quote:

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Can't be that much of a fanatic if he didn't know one of the greatest fighters of all time had a kid who followed in his footsteps
And I guess you have a hard time reading, I already told you he (the fanatic) said "I think thats Joe Frazier's son". But thank you for repeating what I said pretty much word for word only twisting it for some odd reason. I was the one who had no clue Joe's Son boxed, nor should I care since he really is only known for being knocked out in 20 seconds by Tyson and oh yeah his father. Who for the record belongs in a boxing product.

According to your logic for one its ok cause everyone else does it (topps, ud, donruss) but the best part is you would totally be cool with a Cody Clemens box in topps sterling or how about Ozzy Canseco. You know cause they are related Good job towing that line
Old 07-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
And I guess you have a hard time reading, I already told you he (the fanatic) said "I think thats Joe Frazier's son". But thank you for repeating what I said pretty much word for word only twisting it for some odd reason. I was the one who had no clue Joe's Son boxed, nor should I care since he really is only known for being knocked out in 20 seconds by Tyson and oh yeah his father. Who for the record belongs in a boxing product.

According to your logic for one its ok cause everyone else does it (topps, ud, donruss) but the best part is you would totally be cool with a Cody Clemens box in topps sterling or how about Ozzy Canseco. You know cause they are related Good job towing that line
Exactly,"I think" which means he was probably not 100% sure.A fanatic would not have had to pause and wonder,but you keep at it anyway you'd like

If I buy a box,and I know going in that Ozzy or Cody are one of the already determined hits,then that's the chance I take. It's the same chance that everyone takes when they buy a box,and then whine that they did not pull the golden ticket,superduper refractor 1/1 auto to get them out of debt.

Last edited by gman71; 07-23-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

09/10 UD basketball,here are some of the auto hits that you are guaranteed:

Joey Dorsey
Kenyon Dooling
Aaron Gray
Bobby Jackson
Kosta Koufos

Here's some of the UD Game Jersey hits you are guaranteed:

Acie Law
Beno Udrih
Daniel Gibson
Desmond Mason

Some quality hits there I'd say. Someone will buy a box when it comes out,and complain after the fact. It's the chance you take going in,and you lose the right to complain after the fact
Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

UD Box - $38
Ringside - $80

UD Value of hits sold together w/ shipping - $8-$10
Ringside value w/ shipping - $8-10

Amount lost with UD - $28-$32
Amount lost with Ringside - $70-$72

Looks like Upper Deck basketball wins.

Quote:
09/10 UD basketball,here are some of the auto hits that you are guaranteed:

Joey Dorsey
Kenyon Dooling
Aaron Gray
Bobby Jackson
Kosta Koufos

Here's some of the UD Game Jersey hits you are guaranteed:

Acie Law
Beno Udrih
Daniel Gibson
Desmond Mason

Some quality hits there I'd say. Someone will buy a box when it comes out,and complain after the fact. It's the chance you take going in,and you lose the right to complain after the fact
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
UD Box - $38
Ringside - $80

UD Value of hits sold together w/ shipping - $8-$10
Ringside value w/ shipping - $8-10

Amount lost with UD - $28-$32
Amount lost with Ringside - $70-$72

Looks like Upper Deck basketball wins.

Ok,if we want to play the box price game. Let's go with another quality UD box, Greats of the Game. Last time I priced them they were in the $60 range

Here's some of the quality STICKER autos you can get:

Kevin Pittsnogle
BJ Armstrong
Jack Sikma
Alfredo Horford

Or you can get swatches of Laimbeer & Steve Kerr

End of the day, you know what you're getting into beforehand with either product(and if someone doesn't,that's 10000% on them). If you're buying a box to lose less $$ than another box,just take a $20 roll it up and toss it down the drain. A loss is a loss
Old 07-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

You guys should have read the gospel I had written a while back on how terrible this boxing product was. While a few bashed me, many others are starting to find out this product really is not a good one from a ripping standpoint. THAT BEING SAID, I can think of some other bad ones too. Triple threads can bring brutal returns, and remember UD black baseball?
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly,"I think" which means he was probably not 100% sure.A fanatic would not have had to pause and wonder,but you keep at it anyway you'd like

If I buy a box,and I know going in that Ozzy or Cody are one of the already determined hits,then that's the chance I take. It's the same chance that everyone takes when they buy a box,and then whine that they did not pull the golden ticket,superduper refractor 1/1 auto to get them out of debt.
Boy you really do like this stuff, enough that you get all bitchy when someone dont like it? You are like my girlfriend with the twisting of words, just not got at it at all. No one expected a golden ticket or 1/1 (I dont even think they even have those in this garbage that would just add value why do that), better yet no one wanted to leave debt (boy you do like exaggerating for a point eh?). But good job being a fan boy it almost isn't blatantly obvious you have some sort of agenda. Well besides the fact you never post these whiny tirades in topps and ud topics.

Facts are this, this guy DOES NOT belong in a 90 a box 1 hit product PERIOD. There is no excuse for this, now go ahead and compare them to topps upper deck and so on I dont care. They are not them and never will be and to be honest, they wont be releasing products like this so to compare them is comical. Its like saying hey toyota didnt want to fix defective brakes therefore FORD and GM are selling defective brakes directly but I like the color better so anyone who brings this up I am going to take shots at with lame banter and awful examples.

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 07-24-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Here is the only auto in the product that will cover box price (KO Version):

Muhammed Ali
Tyson can probably cover TKO

GOTG:

Jordan
Lebron
Erving
Bird
Magic

GOTG wins again.

Quote:
Ok,if we want to play the box price game. Let's go with another quality UD box, Greats of the Game. Last time I priced them they were in the $60 range

Here's some of the quality STICKER autos you can get:

Kevin Pittsnogle
BJ Armstrong
Jack Sikma
Alfredo Horford

Or you can get swatches of Laimbeer & Steve Kerr

End of the day, you know what you're getting into beforehand with either product(and if someone doesn't,that's 10000% on them). If you're buying a box to lose less $$ than another box,just take a $20 roll it up and toss it down the drain. A loss is a loss
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Here is the only auto in the product that will cover box price (KO Version):

Muhammed Ali
Tyson can probably cover TKO

GOTG:

Jordan
Lebron
Erving
Bird
Magic

GOTG wins again.
Now let's be fair here...What is the ratio of these 5 GOTG cards with the number of GOTG cards produced, and is this ratio better than the Muhammad Ali cards in relation to the number of KO boxes produced?

I honestly have no idea, and GOTG might in fact win, but I want to see a comparison that actually means something.