Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > OTHER SPORTS SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

OTHER SPORTS SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your OTHER SPORTS Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Wish I could afford the Bret Hart auto. Wait until Summerslam in 4 weeks to sell it, he's in the main event
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I like them too. It's just too bad GSP didn't take the time to sign where people could see his signature a little better. John Wooden knew how to do it with a very similar card design and background color.
Honestly though, its not his responsibility to make sure the company uses a picture that would allow this kind of thing to happen. Price and/or his graphic artists should have picked another photo or at the very least instructed the athlete to not sign over the back shirt. Its something Price really needs to correct for future products... not that its an overwhelming flaw in the product or anything, just a few isolated cases. But when a company only releases 1 product a year, and the number of cards in the product is relatively low, mistakes like that shouldn't happen. Luckily though, its a simple oversight to correct in the future.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Honestly though, its not his responsibility to make sure the company uses a picture that would allow this kind of thing to happen. Price and/or his graphic artists should have picked another photo or at the very least instructed the athlete to not sign over the back shirt. Its something Price really needs to correct for future products... not that its an overwhelming flaw in the product or anything, just a few isolated cases. But when a company only releases 1 product a year, and the number of cards in the product is relatively low, mistakes like that shouldn't happen. Luckily though, its a simple oversight to correct in the future.
Some of the first autos on feebay of Score were horrible with that, dark uni and dark sharpie
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 07-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #29 (permalink)

any room to move on the price of the gsp?

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Wish I could afford the Bret Hart auto. Wait until Summerslam in 4 weeks to sell it, he's in the main event
didn't realize that. good looking out!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:14 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Mike,

I won't disagree with you regarding the card and the background color. However, I keep hearing things like "when a company only releases 1 product a year...", I wonder where people are getting this info? I believe Dr. Price and company have nearly a dozen product releases each year. Now I don't know how many Topps, upper deck, Panini, Razor, Tristar, et al release each year, but I think 1 per month on average is fair amount.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
any room to move on the price of the gsp?
nah sorry man im holding firm on all my prices.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Mike,

I won't disagree with you regarding the card and the background color. However, I keep hearing things like "when a company only releases 1 product a year...", I wonder where people are getting this info? I believe Dr. Price and company have nearly a dozen product releases each year. Now I don't know how many Topps, upper deck, Panini, Razor, Tristar, et al release each year, but I think 1 per month on average is fair amount.
But weren't you arguing a couple weeks back that Sportkings is its own company and that Creative Cardboard, In The Game, etc are separate companies? So if thats the case then the company only puts out 1 product per year. I understand that Price owns more than 1 company, but that shouldn't give him reason to neglect the Sportsking company.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
But weren't you arguing a couple weeks back that Sportkings is its own company and that Creative Cardboard, In The Game, etc are separate companies? So if thats the case then the company only puts out 1 product per year. I understand that Price owns more than 1 company, but that shouldn't give him reason to neglect the Sportsking company.
I don't think I ever argued that. I definitely don't remember stating that different companies make SK and Famous Fabrics etc.

Is Exquisite it's own company separate from SPA? Is Sterling a separate company from Topps Chrome? Even Ringside Boxing came in Sportkings packaging.

Dr. Price and company most definitely produce more than 1 product per year just like McWilliam, Topps, etc. and company produce more than one each.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you in some way, this should clear it up.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #35 (permalink)

You're right, I was trying to find the thread after I posted and you did argue AGAINST this point.

I just happened to agree with the other side of it and it stuck in my mind as the point you were trying to make.

The reason I agree with the other side that says these are separate companies owned by the same person, is because... well, thats exactly what it is.

Upper Deck didn't start a completely separate company called "Exquisite LP" owned by McWilliams. Its simply a product the company releases.

In Sportkings case, its actually a stand-alone legal company (Sport Kings LP) and as far as I know, its only released 4 products in its history. Sport Kings A, B, C, and D.

But I'm not trying to get into a huge debate or anything because I definitely understand your side of the argument. The fact its a different company than the others Price owns, doesn't mean he's not still dividing his time between all of the releases.

But in terms of the original point, I don't see any reason why Price shouldn't take the criticism of "don't use photos of players in dark shirts on cards where the signature is likely to go over that photo" constructively, and make sure similar oversights don't happen on future releases. Its probably one of those things that is only obvious once it happens but once you notice it you wonder how it wasn't obvious to begin with... but luckily it's easily correctable. I'm betting Price isn't as arrogant as some seem to believe, and he will take the steps to make these changes in the future. Again, it only affected a few cards to begin with, so its a relatively minor problem. But tell that to someone who buys their first box of Sport Kings cards and gets one. To them it could cause them to not buy the product again.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
You're right, I was trying to find the thread after I posted and you did argue AGAINST this point.

I just happened to agree with the other side of it and it stuck in my mind as the point you were trying to make.

The reason I agree with the other side that says these are separate companies owned by the same person, is because... well, thats exactly what it is.

Upper Deck didn't start a completely separate company called "Exquisite LP" owned by McWilliams. Its simply a product the company releases.

In Sportkings case, its actually a stand-alone legal company (Sport Kings LP) and as far as I know, its only released 4 products in its history. Sport Kings A, B, C, and D.

But I'm not trying to get into a huge debate or anything because I definitely understand your side of the argument. The fact its a different company than the others Price owns, doesn't mean he's not still dividing his time between all of the releases.

But in terms of the original point, I don't see any reason why Price shouldn't take the criticism of "don't use photos of players in dark shirts on cards where the signature is likely to go over that photo" constructively, and make sure similar oversights don't happen on future releases. Its probably one of those things that is only obvious once it happens but once you notice it you wonder how it wasn't obvious to begin with... but luckily it's easily correctable. I'm betting Price isn't as arrogant as some seem to believe, and he will take the steps to make these changes in the future. Again, it only affected a few cards to begin with, so its a relatively minor problem. But tell that to someone who buys their first box of Sport Kings cards and gets one. To them it could cause them to not buy the product again.
Oh good...I was starting to think I was forgetting things.

You do realize you're splitting hairs though, right Mike? Whether there is a different company that produces each product Dr. Price releases or not, it's still the same owner and employees releasing them all as far as I know. It's really no different than McWilliam releasing all his products other than technical issues. At least that's how I understand it.

I don't disagree with you that these cards could have been better. There are flaws in every product I suppose. People tend to complain about the shortcomings, yet forget to point out the good stuff. Take this card for example:

Now that is one nice card. Too bad people have to be so negative that they can't be equally positive. (And I don't mean you Mike. You are always equal and fair from the posts I read of yours).

Last edited by mwheeler27; 07-28-2010 at 03:43 AM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

for those who bought from me - your d/c#'s are in your email or paypal.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #38 (permalink)

Too bad that Greene/Lemieux isn't an auto, I'd be all over it. Great card anyway!
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #39 (permalink)

Wow, came to look at a simple for sale thread and it turned out to be another great read instead.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad68to96 View Post
Too bad that Greene/Lemieux isn't an auto, I'd be all over it. Great card anyway!
you should you dont want it anyways?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #41 (permalink)

I love how mwheeler27 thread jacked this simple sale thread of CaptainBOHICA. mwheeler are you French?, because your arrogance is unusually high
Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #42 (permalink)

Has the Bret Hart Autograph been sold????
jdbuzz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbuzz44 View Post
Has the Bret Hart Autograph been sold????
nope. not yet.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #44 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to wee111 Send a message via AIM to wee111 Send a message via MSN to wee111 Send a message via Yahoo to wee111 Send a message via Skype™ to wee111

Found this article on you, cap:http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/5ycYcV...aptain_higgins

LOL JK but seriousley wheeler stop being a dick

EDIT put the link in (doy!)

Last edited by wee111; 08-01-2010 at 11:58 PM.
wee111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

^^^^^ that is awesome.

"well played captain" lOL

Everything marked for sale is still for sale.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #46 (permalink)

Hey Cap. Got my cards today...they're perfect. However, one of the hard white spacers you used for packing is in UNACCEPTABLE condition. I'll expect a replacement and a couple of Strausburg Auto's should cover the emotional and mental anguish. I'll expect those to be sent and arrive by end of day tomorrow. K, thanks, bye.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Hey Cap. Got my cards today...they're perfect. However, one of the hard white spacers you used for packing is in UNACCEPTABLE condition. I'll expect a replacement and a couple of Strausburg Auto's should cover the emotional and mental anguish. I'll expect those to be sent and arrive by end of day tomorrow. K, thanks, bye.
im going to have to require you to file a SNAD claim in order for me to process your claim for a new white decoy card.

processing will take approximately 6-10 weeks and currently we are waiting for white decoy cards to be back in stock.

check back for more details kthanksbyeeeeeee!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
im going to have to require you to file a SNAD claim in order for me to process your claim for a new white decoy card.

processing will take approximately 6-10 weeks and currently we are waiting for white decoy cards to be back in stock.

check back for more details kthanksbyeeeeeee!
Pickup is the only option to get your new decoy to insure you receive it.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Leave him a negative, scams like that should be taken care of
Old 08-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
Pickup is the only option to get your new decoy to insure you receive it.
i also charge a $25 fee to process claims for new decoy cards.

i'll take the payment as a gift thankyouverymuch.