Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlotsportcards View Post
I think you missed the point. The base cards typically do not sell that well after the first few weeks but the minis, which I believe the Nicklaus was, sell well for long periods of time. The minis (silver, gold) have different print runs and make the complete sets very difficult to obtain. I'm not a huge SportKings fan but I would venture to guess the minis remain popular and in the future complete sets will be rare and command a premium.

As far as box tops I don't think Wheeler ever said they were selling for $15 outside of the $15 he pays. Did he reference somewhere that tops were selling for $15 that he wasn't buying?
Very well put.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

This is an accurate statement. Matt has acknowledged all along that he was paying a very fair price versus Ebay.

To judge a set by the sales of its commons is not fair nor accurate. People have to discount Exquisite Base Cards many times to 90% off book to sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlotsportcards View Post
As far as box tops I don't think Wheeler ever said they were selling for $15 outside of the $15 he pays. Did he reference somewhere that tops were selling for $15 that he wasn't buying?