Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Tiger Red SOTT /29 - How much would it fetch today?

Sold this card about 5 years ago for approximately $1300 on eBay. I was wondering how much you think it go for today? It's the one sale in my lifetime that I really regret. I should have hung onto it or graded it.

I recall getting the case for around $650-$700 at that time too. Pulled a David Toms RC Auto Gold /100 as well as (2) Nicklaus Shirt cards (/500 & /250). I believe all together I pulled in about $1700 from the case, a huge profit for me at the time.

Damn, just looking at it makes me angry!!
prodigylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure how much it would bring today, but just before he got caught cheating that was a $2000 card easy. I have the version #'d to 274 I believe and at that time it was selling for $1200-$1300. His cards were incredibly hot in the few months just before he screwed up.

I pulled my Tiger auto out of the only box of SP Authentic golf I opened. I was so excited I was running up and down the stairs and there was no one else at home.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

For the 01 SOTT /29, I'd pay $5K for it without blinking an eye... There are others who will probably pay more than that, even in today's market.
I've got over 30 Tiger autos, but have never had a shot at this one.
pathmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmeister View Post
For the 01 SOTT /29, I'd pay $5K for it without blinking an eye... There are others who will probably pay more than that, even in today's market.
I've got over 30 Tiger autos, but have never had a shot at this one.
Jeez man you're putting me in an even worse mood! Haha

How many of these cases were put into production? That is, how many more Tiger Red SOTTs or regular rookie card autos are still out there? It seems the price of cases fluctuates each month. They're still too high IMO. You'd have to dish out $1500+ for a chance at a Tiger. But if you don't pull that Tiger, you're stuck with about $100 worth of cards. Brutal rip and flip.

I think a few years ago the price was around $3000 a case so $1500 isn't all that bad I suppose.
prodigylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

I had the 2001 Sign of the Times /25 (Black and Gold) and sold it for around $1500 if memory serves me. That was like 5 years ago. I have regrets just like you......I saw one go for like $5-6k during the Tiger craze 2 years back.

Last edited by chipmaster; 02-03-2011 at 08:43 AM.
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
I had the 2001 Sign of the Times /25 (Black and Gold) and sold it for around $1500 if memory serves me. That was like 5 years ago. I have regrets just like you......I saw one go for like $5-6k during the Tiger craze 2 years back.
The 01 SOTT black /25 auto was going for around $10K in BGS 9.5/10 condition --- this was during the peak of Tiger's popularity, about 2 years ago. I've never understood why, since the only difference between the /25 and the regular was the numbered stamp.
pathmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmeister View Post
The 01 SOTT black /25 auto was going for around $10K in BGS 9.5/10 condition --- this was during the peak of Tiger's popularity, about 2 years ago. I've never understood why, since the only difference between the /25 and the regular was the numbered stamp.
Mine was definitely not a BGS 9.5.....it had some slight chipping.....Oh well, at least I got $1500 for it.