Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2001 UD golf: retail vs Hobby

Looking to get some boxes to bust. I see a lot of these on sale on ebay. However, the boxes come in two different colors. Is the red retail and grey hobby?
Also, how many hits in each type of box?
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to advan24r

I believe there is no difference.
advan24r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, I think hobby is grey and retail is red. Doesn't seem to be any difference in odds for hits.

On the hits, if you mean autographs or shirt cards, they are hard to hit. I think the autographs are 1:3000 packs (1 in 125 boxes), and the shirt cards are 1:288 packs (1 in 12 boxes, or 1 per case).
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

The hobby cases are a cheap rip, though. I busted one several years ago and ended up with at least 4 regular Tiger RCs and at least two complete sets. You could probably pick one up for around $100.

http://photobucket.com/albums/e338/B20Sandman/
B20Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Yes, I think hobby is grey and retail is red. Doesn't seem to be any difference in odds for hits.

On the hits, if you mean autographs or shirt cards, they are hard to hit. I think the autographs are 1:3000 packs (1 in 125 boxes), and the shirt cards are 1:288 packs (1 in 12 boxes, or 1 per case).
Wow! So you get mostly base and inserts. I guess if I can a couple of Tiger RCs out of a case than that wouldnt be too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B20Sandman View Post
The hobby cases are a cheap rip, though. I busted one several years ago and ended up with at least 4 regular Tiger RCs and at least two complete sets. You could probably pick one up for around $100.

I see one retail case for $108 with free shipping. If there are no differences between hobby and retail, I guess I will go with this.

Thanks all!
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah the shirt and auto cards are super hard to pull like Aggie said above. You're going to get pretty much base and inserts but it's a fun break. I'm a big golf fan and absolutely love this as well as the other Upper Deck sets. I wish they still made them, I'd love to super collect guys like Anthony Kim and Bubba Watson

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote