Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any NASCAR fans out there?

The season is right around the corner, I cant wait.
90sbaseballfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yea i'm a Nascar fan. I use to go with my dad & his friends from Fisher Body from 1995-1999 to Talladega, Pocono & Charlotte!!! Also hit Michigan once or twice. Hasn't the same since 2001 though for him or I and now I just don't attend anymore since my father has passed on.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Yea i'm a Nascar fan. I use to go with my dad & his friends from Fisher Body from 1995-1999 to Talladega, Pocono & Charlotte!!! Also hit Michigan once or twice. Hasn't the same since 2001 though for him or I and now I just don't attend anymore since my father has passed on.
The only race I've been at was at the Texas Motorspeedway. I still want to go to Talladega, Daytona & Bristol. BTW, who is your driver of choice?

Last edited by 90sbaseballfan; 02-11-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am. I have been to Redskins games and that is alot of people but I went to a race in Richmond and almost passed out when I saw all the people. I think they said it was 103,000 people. From the hotel to the track about 5 miles away took 2 hours. I am ready for the season.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm ready for the season. Maybe Harvick can have another good season.

Also while I'm on topic. I need some guidance on which NASCAR products I should look for collecting? I have few Harvick cards but I've never bought a box of anything NASCAR. Which ones carry good value for the long or short term? I stick mostly to Football but I've been thinking about opening a Racing product. Thanks.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/

Last edited by Semper_PatsFan; 02-11-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

GOOOOOOO Carl Edwards

Or any of the Roush guys

tonights the budwiser shoot out.

I love how football ends and the very next week Nascar starts up
Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

My sister is a big Carl Edwards fan.
Dale Jr. has the pole position
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartFan View Post
GOOOOOOO Carl Edwards

Or any of the Roush guys

tonights the budwiser shoot out.

I love how football ends and the very next week Nascar starts up
Old 02-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I have been to Texas, Atlanta, Martinsville, Memphis, St. Louis, Talladega, Las Vegas and Talladega. It's been a few years since I have been to a race though. Still want to go to Bristol and 1 of the road courses.
khalldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalldog View Post
I have been to Texas, Atlanta, Martinsville, Memphis, St. Louis, Talladega, Las Vegas and Talladega. It's been a few years since I have been to a race though. Still want to go to Bristol and 1 of the road courses.
I am going to try and go to the race at the TMS this April.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Go Kevin Harvick. Hometown boy.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

Huge Clint Bowyer Fan here. Ready for the season to start!!
jdbowyer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

So, that was an impressive wreck. Don't they usually wait until about lap 150 for that?

Wife is a big #29 fan. Mother in law likes #4. Grandmother-in-law likes #88. Father in law likes #88 (but he won't really admit it). Kid likes #99. I like Ken Schraeder. #5 and #42 are alright in my book too.

I've been to California. Wife and FIL are at Daytona right now.

Last edited by bziddy; 02-20-2011 at 02:30 PM.
bziddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

#7 robbie gordon love the orange! he actually got some camera time in the telecast!
caustexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #14 (permalink)

SWEEEEET
Edwards came in 2nd but hes FIRST in the points race
(i know its only the first race )

But it was also NICE to see Ford come in 1/2/3
Old 02-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
SWEEEEET
Edwards came in 2nd but hes FIRST in the points race
(i know its only the first race )

But it was also NICE to see Ford come in 1/2/3
Nice that a Rookie won in only his 2nd start though. Too bad Ford doesn't dominate in any racing do they?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm a fan. Don't really have a favorite driver though. I just like to see underdogs do well, such as the 500...Bayne 1st, Gilliland 3rd, labonte 4th.
heely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Too bad Ford doesn't dominate in any racing do they?
Uhhhh, perhaps you missed the Daytona 500 ( the biggest NASCAR race of the year). But Ford came in 1/2/3 now im not sure what your definition of dominate is, but I think they did OK by me.
And carl Edwards has been my #1 driver since about 04/05 and to see him at the #1 spot feels nice.
But as far as "what have you done lately" (not meaning you, but meaning all the car compines in NASCAR). We'll, Fords doing alright by me so far this year. Of course I may only be able to say this for the rest of the week, but so be it. maybe you should not visit this topic again until, "who ever" you route for does some winning.
And since manning is your #1 player, it may be some time before you can do any routing
Old 02-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

as for a product.. I have spent 240.00 for two boxes of press pass legends and have sold the contents inside so far for 450.00 with a jimmie johnson auto unsold, some nice value in those things!
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

WOW!! I know most basketball and football boxes wont get you back what you pay for, unless you get a MAJOR case hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srslychris View Post
as for a product.. I have spent 240.00 for two boxes of press pass legends and have sold the contents inside so far for 450.00 with a jimmie johnson auto unsold, some nice value in those things!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Uhhhh, perhaps you missed the Daytona 500 ( the biggest NASCAR race of the year). But Ford came in 1/2/3 now im not sure what your definition of dominate is, but I think they did OK by me.
And carl Edwards has been my #1 driver since about 04/05 and to see him at the #1 spot feels nice.
But as far as "what have you done lately" (not meaning you, but meaning all the car compines in NASCAR). We'll, Fords doing alright by me so far this year. Of course I may only be able to say this for the rest of the week, but so be it. maybe you should not visit this topic again until, "who ever" you route for does some winning.
And since manning is your #1 player, it may be some time before you can do any routing
Ford hasn't been great the last couple years, but they have had wins, & put cars in the chase. Maybe things will be better for them this year. They only have one big team with them, Roush, & they have to go up against teams like RCR & Hendrick. It looks like they have things figured out this year & should do good. I'm a Ford man, so I'm always happy to see a Ford win. But my favorite driver is Kurt Busch, has been since he was racing the #99 Exide F-150 in the truck series.
Jolietracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sbaseballfan View Post
The only race I've been at was at the Texas Motorspeedway. I still want to go to Talladega, Daytona & Bristol. BTW, who is your driver of choice?
My driver was #3 Dale Earnhart (RIP) now I would say Jeff Burton. Seein how I live in deep South Texas I will attend TMS soon just not sure when. As far as manufacturer, I support Chevrolet & GM since my family poured over 110 years worth of sweat combined for General Motors!!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope I watched all 200 laps & the 16 or 17 cautions for the race. I also saw the 2 cautions & restarts that was within the last 4 laps of the race. WOOOO 1/2/3 wow that is historical, maybe Ford can catch up to Chevrolet but I myself highly doubt it!!! This is of course only my opinion. Another thing is I will root for anyone I wish to thanks!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
WOW!! I know most basketball and football boxes wont get you back what you pay for, unless you get a MAJOR case hit.
you're exactly right, I am sticking to Nascar, and may start opening a bit of hockey.. Football and basketball have to many products and are way over produced, I never usually have problem breaking even or close to even with Nascar.. granted there are dud boxes, but there is a much better chance of breaking even in Nascar collecting than Football, or basketball. Check out a box of 2010 Press Pass Legends if you get a chance.

3 On card Autos, 3 Memorabilia. Plenty of #D Cards.. I sold a Jeff gordon INSERT For 41.00 YEA.. 41.00 For an insert. lol
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

11 Fords and 18 Chevys in the 500 and Ford got 1/2/3. I would say WOW also.
Ford has NOTHING to catch up to. Catch the standings. Ford is in 1st and 2nd. Than a Toyota, THAN a Dodoge, Than FINALLY a chevy
With their being WAY more chevys than any other manufacture in ALL the races, its funny to me to see them last in points
And your 10yr old ass "calvin & hobbs" peeing on whatever is front of him is pretty lame. Didnt facebook have anything more creative for you to steal from them??

Next week Edwards in the top 5 Maybe 1st. Will we be seeing him due his famous flip again? Im sure most people dont remember him doing his sumersalt to a back flip after winning one of his first nascar races

Quote:
WOOOO 1/2/3 wow that is historical, maybe Ford can catch up to Chevrolet but I myself highly doubt it!!! This is of course only my opinion. Another thing is I will root for anyone I wish to thanks!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

I've really been thinking about busting some NASCAR. (Maybe appease the wife some). I see some really not good names on the auto checklist -- do you end up getting piles of duds and a few good pieces out of an average case?