Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default We miss you #3

Its been 10 years since the death of Dale Sr. It's hard to believe that he's been gone that long. He is still greatly missed
Old 02-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was watching the ESPN bit on the crash today. It's hard listening to Michael Waltrip, DW and Schraeder talk about it.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
I was watching the ESPN bit on the crash today. It's hard listening to Michael Waltrip, DW and Schraeder talk about it.
I'm watching it now.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

The first NASCAR race that I sat down and watched the whole way through was the one when he died. I remember how happy the folks in the booth seemed to be for Waltrip (if I remember right) was going to win the race, that Jr. was coming in second (if I remember right), and how they weren't too concerned about Sr.'s crash until a few minutes later when he didn't emerge from his car. You could feel the sadness that those guys were feeling when they learned that things were grim for Sr. I later tried to learn all about Sr. that I could and I wish I could had seen him race during his prime.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I wish I could had seen him race during his prime.
He was a bad mofo when it came to racing.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
The first NASCAR race that I sat down and watched the whole way through was the one when he died. I remember how happy the folks in the booth seemed to be for Waltrip (if I remember right) was going to win the race, that Jr. was coming in second (if I remember right), and how they weren't too concerned about Sr.'s crash until a few minutes later when he didn't emerge from his car. You could feel the sadness that those guys were feeling when they learned that things were grim for Sr. I later tried to learn all about Sr. that I could and I wish I could had seen him race during his prime.
Michael Waltrip did win that race and Dale Jr. came in 2nd. Michael Waltrip said: ‘This is supposed to be the best day of my life. It’s the worst day of my life.’

Last edited by 90sbaseballfan; 02-19-2011 at 12:12 AM.
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, on the special today -- DW is cheering for Mikey (his little brother) and after a bit when Dale Sr hadn't come out of his car he asks "Dale is alright, isn't he?"

...and then Kenny Schrader going to victory lane to tell MW what happened, and you can just see the air get sucked outta MW.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
Yeah, on the special today -- DW is cheering for Mikey (his little brother) and after a bit when Dale Sr hadn't come out of his car he asks "Dale is alright, isn't he?"

...and then Kenny Schrader going to victory lane to tell MW what happened, and you can just see the air get sucked outta MW.

It would be awesome if MW won the race this Sunday.