Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
90sbaseballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ATX/RR/Arlington
Posts: 6,849
Default We miss you #3

Its been 10 years since the death of Dale Sr. It's hard to believe that he's been gone that long. He is still greatly missed
__________________
I'm buying 2014 Leaf Autographed Baseball Edition!!
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
bziddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,652
Default

I was watching the ESPN bit on the crash today. It's hard listening to Michael Waltrip, DW and Schraeder talk about it.
__________________
They called me Mr. Glass.
bziddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
90sbaseballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ATX/RR/Arlington
Posts: 6,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
I was watching the ESPN bit on the crash today. It's hard listening to Michael Waltrip, DW and Schraeder talk about it.
I'm watching it now.
__________________
I'm buying 2014 Leaf Autographed Baseball Edition!!
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,549
Default

The first NASCAR race that I sat down and watched the whole way through was the one when he died. I remember how happy the folks in the booth seemed to be for Waltrip (if I remember right) was going to win the race, that Jr. was coming in second (if I remember right), and how they weren't too concerned about Sr.'s crash until a few minutes later when he didn't emerge from his car. You could feel the sadness that those guys were feeling when they learned that things were grim for Sr. I later tried to learn all about Sr. that I could and I wish I could had seen him race during his prime.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
90sbaseballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ATX/RR/Arlington
Posts: 6,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I wish I could had seen him race during his prime.
He was a bad mofo when it came to racing.
__________________
I'm buying 2014 Leaf Autographed Baseball Edition!!
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
90sbaseballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ATX/RR/Arlington
Posts: 6,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
The first NASCAR race that I sat down and watched the whole way through was the one when he died. I remember how happy the folks in the booth seemed to be for Waltrip (if I remember right) was going to win the race, that Jr. was coming in second (if I remember right), and how they weren't too concerned about Sr.'s crash until a few minutes later when he didn't emerge from his car. You could feel the sadness that those guys were feeling when they learned that things were grim for Sr. I later tried to learn all about Sr. that I could and I wish I could had seen him race during his prime.
Michael Waltrip did win that race and Dale Jr. came in 2nd. Michael Waltrip said: ‘This is supposed to be the best day of my life. It’s the worst day of my life.’
__________________
I'm buying 2014 Leaf Autographed Baseball Edition!!

Last edited by 90sbaseballfan; 02-19-2011 at 12:12 AM.
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
bziddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
The first NASCAR race that I sat down and watched the whole way through was the one when he died. I remember how happy the folks in the booth seemed to be for Waltrip (if I remember right) was going to win the race, that Jr. was coming in second (if I remember right), and how they weren't too concerned about Sr.'s crash until a few minutes later when he didn't emerge from his car. You could feel the sadness that those guys were feeling when they learned that things were grim for Sr. I later tried to learn all about Sr. that I could and I wish I could had seen him race during his prime.
Yeah, on the special today -- DW is cheering for Mikey (his little brother) and after a bit when Dale Sr hadn't come out of his car he asks "Dale is alright, isn't he?"

...and then Kenny Schrader going to victory lane to tell MW what happened, and you can just see the air get sucked outta MW.
__________________
They called me Mr. Glass.
bziddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
90sbaseballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ATX/RR/Arlington
Posts: 6,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
Yeah, on the special today -- DW is cheering for Mikey (his little brother) and after a bit when Dale Sr hadn't come out of his car he asks "Dale is alright, isn't he?"

...and then Kenny Schrader going to victory lane to tell MW what happened, and you can just see the air get sucked outta MW.

It would be awesome if MW won the race this Sunday.
__________________
I'm buying 2014 Leaf Autographed Baseball Edition!!
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.