Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/)
-   -   Razor/Leaf Poker 2011 WSOP Online Satellite (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/136113-razor-leaf-poker-2011-wsop-online-satellite.html)

hmmdecloth 03-03-2011 12:45 AM

Razor/Leaf Poker 2011 WSOP Online Satellite

Does anyone know if this ever took place or any details surrounding it? I tried to find more info on it, but had no success.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, 2010 Razor poker had 9 or 10 redemptions that granted you a seat in an online satellite to win a seat into the 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event.

MikeDtonation 03-06-2011 12:13 PM

Yeah infos are on leaftraingcards website :

Poker - Trading Cards

One of the most classic brands in the history of trading cards is making a triumphant return.

Leaf Trading Cards is proud to announce the following details regarding the one-table online tournament in which the winner will receive a
pre-paid entry to the
2011 World Series of Poker Main Event!

Redemption Card winners from the 2010 Razor Poker Trading Cards will compete in an online tournament to be held on
Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 7:00pm (CST)

We are pleased to have Hog Wild Poker Leagues hosting the tournament. You can find Hog Wild online at
[url=http://www.hogwildpokerleagues.com]Hog Wild Poker Leagues[/url]

Tournament hours are 7:00pm - 11:00pm or until a winner is determined
Details for live stream viewing coming soon!

preakness 03-06-2011 01:26 PM

think a handful redeemed so far
saw a couple sold on ebay

MikeDtonation 03-06-2011 01:37 PM

Cards are expiring a few days before tournament takes place.

cruiserdaddy7 03-06-2011 03:35 PM

Nice odds for the players at the table if not all redemptions are actually redeemed.

preakness 03-06-2011 05:30 PM

assuming all spots are taken by those who redeemed cards

just playing

preakness 04-17-2011 09:53 PM

next saturday

wonder if gov't shutting down site does anything to this tourney

cdub6238 04-17-2011 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=preakness;1234225]next saturday

wonder if gov't shutting down site does anything to this tourney[/QUOTE]

why would it have anything to do with this?

nobody paid any money to play online, this was through a card company promotion...not an online poker promotion.

the online aspect is being run just like many other free play/bar leagues that ive played in...they have a huge monthly/quarterly tourney and for some the final table is played online by certain kinds of software.

preakness 04-18-2011 12:05 AM

don't know enough about that website to know if it = one targeted on 4/15 by the gov't

cdub6238 04-18-2011 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=preakness;1234668]don't know enough about that website to know if it = one targeted on 4/15 by the gov't[/QUOTE]

ummm..what are you talking about?

this was a promotion through Leaf, a card company. This has absolutely nothing to do with online poker sites that take US money and allow them to play for money. The software being used, at least it seems like to me, is just like the one your local bars/free leagues would use. Use some common sense

preakness 04-18-2011 07:42 AM

this is a poker website where people have the ability to purchase tokens to play (hence money is involved)

that is why I thought gov't CAN possibly get involved with this site just like the gov't got involved on other sites on 4/15

use some common sense?
the fact that money CAN be exchanged on this site shows that I am using common sense and you basically owe an apology

Just because a card company is running a promotional tourney / contest on that website doesn't mean that there is 0% chance that the gov't would possibly shut it down since money CAN be exchanged in other locations of the website

bmc398 04-18-2011 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=cdub6238;1234784]ummm..what are you talking about?

this was a promotion through Leaf, a card company. This has absolutely nothing to do with online poker sites that take US money and allow them to play for money. The software being used, at least it seems like to me, is just like the one your local bars/free leagues would use. Use some common sense[/QUOTE]

If its run through the website.....and the website is shut down for other reasons then it can't happen through that website....use some common sense.

The OP wasn't saying that real money was involved...he was saying since the site was down it would be mighty hard to log in and play wouldnt it?

cdub6238 04-19-2011 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=bmc398;1235146]If its run through the website.....and the website is shut down for other reasons then it can't happen through that website....use some common sense.

The OP wasn't saying that real money was involved...he was saying since the site was down it would be mighty hard to log in and play wouldnt it?[/QUOTE]

the website is not down..i checked it beforemy original posts andchecked it before responding now. I was referencing the money as saying there is no reason for the website to be shut down-like the others, since it is not a website for money play poker

[QUOTE=preakness;1234945]this is a poker website where people have the ability to purchase tokens to play (hence money is involved)

that is why I thought gov't CAN possibly get involved with this site just like the gov't got involved on other sites on 4/15

use some common sense?
the fact that money CAN be exchanged on this site shows that I am using common sense and you basically owe an apology

Just because a card company is running a promotional tourney / contest on that website doesn't mean that there is 0% chance that the gov't would possibly shut it down since money CAN be exchanged in other locations of the website[/QUOTE]

yes you can play FREE POKER for TOKENS...these tokens are used for PRIZES, and yes you can purchase tokens for the PRIZES..you arent making a $50 deposit to play in cash games/tournaments for money against other players...
FaceBook/Zynga does the same thing with all their games where you ca buy tokens for extra things in the games...

preakness 04-19-2011 11:36 PM

hope/wish we can view the tourney live

good luck if anyone here is in it

preakness 04-30-2011 10:07 AM

today
good luck

preakness 04-30-2011 09:11 PM

total number of players who participated = ___________

anyone know if this ever took place?

tonedef2oo8 05-03-2011 05:22 PM

And here we go again.

According to leafs twitter

Leaf_Cards

CONGRATULATIONS TO GARY SWAIN FROM WESTLAND MI! Gary was our winner in the WSOP tourny was held 4/30! He just won a Seat at the Main event!

After searching the name in google he is a distributer of cards, what are the odds.

[url=http://www.scifihobby.com/dealers/]Dealers and Distributors - Rittenhouse Archives[/url]

[url=http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=crmas&p=GARY+SWAIN+FROM+WESTLAND+MI]GARY SWAIN FROM WESTLAND MI - Yahoo! Search Results[/url]

Dacubs 05-03-2011 06:31 PM

maybe he just broke a ton of cases???

esaslo 05-03-2011 06:34 PM

He probably purchased the redemption card -- most likely off of ebay. I seem to remember that name from a purchase.

hmmdecloth 05-03-2011 07:13 PM

Gary will have a tough field in vegas this year. With stars and ftp being shut down I wouldn't be surprised to see main even numbers half of what they were last year. Would make a good story if he runs good and goes deep.

preakness 05-04-2011 08:07 AM

how many actually redeemed card and also played?

I called Adam B at Leaf but he never called me back

kakman 07-01-2011 02:22 PM

From the website there were 8 players, so there is one redemption out there in a box that someone will be very disappointed to find when they open that box, probably the same case as the Stu Ungar Cut Auto card.....................

garpike 07-01-2011 07:36 PM

Yeah...where is that Ungar Cut Auto?

kakman 07-03-2011 11:17 AM

of course there is little reason to open this product. The only chance to get any money back is the Ungar 1/1, Doyle Brunson, Chan, Raymer, maybe a Hellmuth SP regular issue or memorabilia insert redemption. Nothing else is selling

hmmdecloth 07-11-2011 03:16 PM

Doesn't appear Gary made it to day 2. Nothing listed for day 2 chip counts for him, so either he didn't play or he busted on day 1. If anyone knows what day 1 he started, please post, I'm curious as to how his starting table looked. I have an email in to pokernews to see if they can find out as they usually have a list of all entrants.